PDA

View Full Version : How Much Attention Do You Pay During the Offseason? (NFL)

Babalu1
02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
I know some people who will check the first round of the draft and not much else until the start of the following season.

Others can't wait for free agency and have a keen grasp on every round of the draft.

Which are you?

HumptyBrah
02-12-2014, 01:27 PM
The NFL has no offseason to me, just a period of time without games

Babalu1
02-12-2014, 01:29 PM

I feel the same, although there was little to get excited about in last years' draft from what I remember.

BEASTMODE420
02-12-2014, 01:33 PM

This.

ThaWorldIsYours
02-12-2014, 01:47 PM
I arguably pay more attention during the offseason lol

During the season, I watch the games every week on Sunday/Monday/Thurs and then mostly try to avoid all the talking head BS/monday morning quarterbacking the rest of the week, I'll follow injury and relevant news but I try to not get burnt out on it

During the offseason, I spend way too much time trying to research draft prospects, reading rumors and conjecture, scouting reports, etc. The day free agency starts is like a holiday, I'll get on twitter/turn on NFL network, grab some beers and do this:

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1378/85/1378853178811.gif

Then during the draft I'll watch all 7 rounds, I follow the undrafted free agent signings, I read rookie camp/minicamp/training camp reports daily.

y0lked
02-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Bleacher Report FTW

tng83
02-12-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm probably in the top 5%. I follow players mildy from senior year in high scool, heavily through recruiting and college, and heavily through the draft and pro career. I am far more knowledgeable of my teams/state/conference/division. Some (top 1%) follow every player, every team.

brb_ballin
02-12-2014, 01:59 PM
I stopped watching college football regularly years ago. So come the off season I don't know too much after the 1st round.. by the time the draft comes around I have a good idea of who I want the Pack to target in the first 4 rounds or so. Some late sleepers that are expected to fall etc. etc.

I do follow the process closely though... very interested in the changes the Packers make.

jsmoor09
02-12-2014, 02:15 PM
A lot.

Fantasy Football is won in the off-season bros.

leakypipe23
02-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Started becoming interested in how the cap works, now almost excited about the offseason as the regular season.

Babalu1
02-13-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm probably in the top 5%. I follow players mildy from senior year in high scool, heavily through recruiting and college, and heavily through the draft and pro career. I am far more knowledgeable of my teams/state/conference/division. Some (top 1%) follow every player, every team.

That's pretty cool. I don't get any chance of watching high school stuff being from the UK.

It is kind of comparable to soccer though. I'm an Arsenal fan and one of their current players has been with the club since he was nine years old. Watching him playing in the starting team nowadays is trippy. Also reminds me that I'm getting older :P

scotyg
02-13-2014, 12:37 PM
FA/combine/draft is the tits

MCrow
02-13-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm following the NFL year round. I follow the NBA mostly during the season and draft time but not that much otherwise. Baseball I'm in and out all year just because my team sucks so bad it gets hard to not get sick of watching them. NHL, not that much at all. Soccer, pretty much year round.

GrecoRoman
02-13-2014, 01:00 PM
this is one of the deepest drafts ever. Can't wait.

iamgenus
02-13-2014, 01:48 PM

That

take time off from work for the NFL draft crew

iamgenus
02-13-2014, 01:50 PM

What do you do for a living?

evanmaldonado
02-13-2014, 02:19 PM
A lot.

Fantasy Football is won in the off-season bros.

autodrafted and won my league crew.

In the offseason I do not give a phuck. The NFL isn't like say the NHL or MLB where big names are moving yearly, so it's way less fun to follow. As far as the draft I'll check the updates after the first round ends then scan over Cinci picks at the end

ThaWorldIsYours
02-13-2014, 02:25 PM

In the offseason I do not give a phuck. The NFL isn't like say the NHL or MLB where big names are moving yearly, so it's way less fun to follow. As far as the draft I'll check the updates after the first round ends then scan over Cinci picks at the end

Wut? Do you even free agency? There is a ton of roster turnover every year for 90% of teams.

IawI
02-13-2014, 02:48 PM

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/55/files/2013/01/f067e0dd.gif

dtbrehm
02-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Read about Vikings changes after they've happened, but I don't follow the combine/draft/free agency too closely.

OkayIMThatGuy
02-13-2014, 04:21 PM
I know some people who will check the first round of the draft and not much else until the start of the following season.

Others can't wait for free agency and have a keen grasp on every round of the draft.

Which are you?

none at all really i pay attention during the season

darknessmanX
02-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Bleacher Report FTW

why do you guys like this troll website so much? bleacher report has notoriously low credibility on every single sports message board i browse, except this one.

it's the TMZ of sports news, if even.

Murph0408
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
i basically try and ignore it until the draft. as the summer approaches i'm all in especially because of fantasy football. i mock draft way too much.

cashinout
02-13-2014, 05:41 PM
I listen to sports radio every morning in the car, that keeps me posted

bigcc
02-13-2014, 06:12 PM
follow FA like a hawk, dont get TOO much into scouting prospects, don't watch the combine, but I definitely look up results. Follow the ACTUAL draft closely and see who teams in the division picked up etc.

SteezeFactory
02-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Was a draft fiend during college but now I don't have all sorts of free time during the day to burn since I've graduated and am doing the grown up career thing. Growing up sucks brahs. Nothing I miss more than weekdays with absolutely nothing to do.

Ecnewyx
02-13-2014, 07:39 PM
I usually pay close attention just to keep up, but since every one is on about this Michael Sam thing now it's getting kind of boring.

mlift11
02-13-2014, 07:41 PM
lol it's funny... i'd say i follow football the most in july and august. i have more time to watch sports, and i'm always stupid excited for the season