PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Calorie Increase?

TomAldy
02-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Obviously, I know about the increase in protein which is only 3 lbs or so, adding only 12 calories on top of my current 3800.

So, do I simply increase my carbohydrates to the point where they allow me to hit my 4000 calorie mark to continue growing?

chamelious
02-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Obviously, I know about the increase in protein which is only 3 lbs or so, adding only 12 calories on top of my current 3800.

So, do I simply increase my carbohydrates to the point where they allow me to hit my 4000 calorie mark to continue growing?

Your question makes utterly no sense, try again. If you're really 168lbs i doubt you need 4k cals to bulk unless you are very very very active.

TomAldy
02-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Your question makes utterly no sense, try again. If you're really 168lbs i doubt you need 4k cals to bulk unless you are very very very active.

Well, I am currently eating 3800 and have literally stopped putting on any weight.

I mean to say, when increasing for a bulk do you only increase your carbohydrate intake?

Markwhit
02-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Well, I am currently eating 3800 and have literally stopped putting on any weight.

I mean to say, when increasing for a bulk do you only increase your carbohydrate intake?

Your protein and fat requirements are calculated in relation to your bodyweight. Once these are calculated remaining calories are made up of carbohydrate or whichever macronutritient you choose out of preference.

If your fat and protein are on point then just increase your carbs to hit your calorie goal.

AlwaysTryin
02-12-2014, 01:06 AM

Stopped gaining for how long? 2+ weeks?

TomAldy
02-12-2014, 01:07 AM
Thanks guys, I'll give myself one more week at 3800 to see if I make any gains at all.

If no weight is gained, I'll up my calories. I must have an oddly fast metabolism.

It's been a good 2 weeks now since I stopped gaining.