PDA

View Full Version : Quad Tightness

hockeyplayer97
02-05-2014, 09:42 PM
As you can probably tell by my user name, I am a full time hockey player as well as weight lifter. I do a lot of squats and various other leg exercises for hockey, but I also do lots of upper body as well. I am also on the ice 5-6 nights per week. I always eat lots of protein to help rebuild muscle tissue, I drink 8 glasses of water per day, etc. I always experience quad pain during anything in my daily life, and as soon as I begin to skate, my quads instantly hurt. I stretch just about daily, but it just doesn't seem to help. The pain is very deep and is very painful while doing any physical exercise. Any suggestions?

cls91
02-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Make sure you're eating enough and giving yourself enough time to recover.

On the ice almost daily, as well as squatting regularly can put quite a bit of stress on your quads.

If more rest doesn't help, I'd recommend speaking to your doctor.

jsmoor09
02-05-2014, 11:03 PM
You're literally never resting your quads. If you're going to play nightly, I'd give the squats a break.

iamtybaby
02-06-2014, 04:06 AM
Make sure you are squatting correctly.

kingarnold187
02-06-2014, 04:54 AM
you probably can do without the squats if you are being on the ice as much as you are....squats would be ok from time to time just dont be going overkill and to failure on every set...high reps for endurance would be idea...but just try not to go so hard that you get doms all the time.

maybe look into some creatine or beta alanine if youd like.