PDA

View Full Version : Which AFC team would have produced a more exciting/close Super Bowl?

Astoria
02-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Besides the broncos:

Patriots
Chargers
Bengals
KC
Colts

Obviously any team here would have been the underdog going in, but which would have the biggest chance at shocking the world?

Twerk4it
02-03-2014, 04:17 PM
In order of who would put up the most fight

Patriots - too banged up
Chargers - nope
KC - pretenders
Colts - turnover machine in the playoffs
Bengals - not with potato Dalton, they're actually a team nobody notices was only good at home

cashinout
02-03-2014, 04:20 PM
only the patriots

TSizzIe
02-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Chargers and Pats

DaarioNaharis
02-03-2014, 04:37 PM
If Reggie Wayne doesn't go down, the Colts win it all :)

TheThrill1
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Pats probably. Probably wouldn't win though. But they did manage to stay in games and win games they had no business being in.

Babalu1
02-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Pats would be the obvious choice, although the Colts were the only AFC team to beat the Seahawks this year and would have been on a 6-game win streak had they reached the Super Bowl.

CobyWan
02-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Before the conference championship games I was telling all my friends I'd prefer to play the Broncos than the Pats.

The difference in coaching with two weeks of scheming and preparation between Fox and The Hoodie is miles apart.

noDaddyno
02-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Literally any team from the AFC would have put up a better fight than what the broncos did last night.

t3hmadrep303
02-03-2014, 07:22 PM
The Browns

Schwheyze
02-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Baltimore Ravens, srs

JaxBrah
02-03-2014, 07:32 PM
The seacawks were just far better prepared and coached. John fox did a horrible job with his 2 weeks. Id say the pats considering they have the goat coach and can exploit almost any defense.

Swept
02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Ravens or Steelers

Patriots lost to the panthers when there offense was at full strength, theirs no way in hell there even competing with Seahawks.

FGCHENG
02-03-2014, 08:08 PM
KC with a healthy Jamaal Charles

KC got a defense that can really frustrate the Seahawks. It would be a defensive battle between both teams.

tonewood
02-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Ravens or Steelers

Patriots lost to the panthers when there offense was at full strength, theirs no way in hell there even competing with Seahawks.

Agree. Defensive slugfest decided by turnovers, field goals, and the deep ball.

kressnm
02-03-2014, 08:33 PM
KC with a healthy Jamaal Charles

KC got a defense that can really frustrate the Seahawks. It would be a defensive battle between both teams.

Agree. If Charles hadn't been hurt so early they probably would have won and been moving on. Two good defenses.

Amaso
02-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Broncos in a rematch would still have the best chance at winning. Sometimes there's games like last night that just happen. Broncos spotted the Seahawks 5 points + momentum to start the game and weren't able to recover from that. The younger team and Russell Wilson never had to play with any nerves and were able to stay hyped and calm at the same time because of the first 10 seconds of the game.

The Broncos and Patriots if healthy are just as good, if not better than the Seahawks and 49ers. Both of those AFC teams were missing multiple stars on both sides of the ball, while the Seahawks and 49ers were basically 100% healthy... despite Bowman going down at the end of the championship game. The Broncos were lucky the Patriots were undermanned, and that the Chargers are so inconsistent and don't have much talent. Having said that though, those teams were lucky as well that the Broncos were heavily injured as well.

I was saying it all season, prior to the playoffs, that the Broncos were an average team, if not below average, outside of Manning and their 4 receivers. This is MAINLY because of injuries though, which really crippled them basically at every position. I was VERY surprised and impressed by the o-line and defense overall in the AFC playoff games, but they didn't play anyone good. The receivers obviously look better than they really are since they have a great QB at the helm. DT, as I've said before, is a faux-star and is overrated. He plays with no physicality at all despite having a big body, Decker is decent but nothing special, and Welker is past his prime but still has name value so is overrated in his current form. Julius Thomas looks like an up and coming star, but could also be just because of the presence of Manning.

The Broncos weaknesses finally got exposed. Subpar O-line, slow LB's, non-existent pash rush, horrendous secondary, not being able to create turnovers, bad special teams (outside of Prater), and bad coaching. A lot of these issues arose from injuries though like I said, if not all of them except for bad coaching.

CyberSheriff
02-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Agree. If Charles hadn't been hurt so early they probably would have won and been moving on. Two good defenses.

Lol was Charles gonna play D?

We would have moved on if half our DB core weren't potatoes.

DrSlam
02-04-2014, 04:08 AM
Jacksonville jaguars.

Semi srs. The expectations imposed on the broncos crushed them. Nothing would be expected of the jags