PDA

View Full Version : should the Eastern Conference be abolished?

darknessmanX
01-25-2014, 03:14 PM
does the NBA need to step up and do something about the Eastern Conference- take away some of its playoff spots for example? the East should get 6 and the West should get 10, something substantial like that has to be done to make the association fair again. just look at the abysmal teams making it into the playoffs right now in the East;

3 Toronto 22 20 .524
4 Atlanta 22 20 .524
5 Washington21 21 .500
6 Chicago 21 21 .500
7 Brooklyn 19 22 .463
8 Charlotte 19 26 .422

you call those playoff teams? the charlotte bobcats stand to make it in the playoffs at 19-26 in the east, while 21-20 Memphis has a WINNING RECORD and they would not make the playoffs right now in the west.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0a3fg-fUWdw/T3On8vGgmVI/AAAAAAAAA4A/PJg-1gRMH5Y/s1600/bunk-the-wire.gif
http://www.ridethepine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/robryan.gif

eastern conference please kindly do phuck off. it's been over 10 years of the WC running ****, the Spurs and the Lakers ran a train on the league for a decade- and now in this current season, the gap's suddenly bigger than ever? will the east EVER not suck?

Phil9
01-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Top 16 teams by record regardless of conference. With the scheduling done nowadays, there's really no West v. East rivalry anymore anyways.

HumptyBrah
01-25-2014, 03:24 PM
The Warriors would run the East, reel tawk

*DH*
01-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Suns would be a 3rd seed team in the east. Them feels.

ThaWorldIsYours
01-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Top 16 teams by record regardless of conference. With the scheduling done nowadays, there's really no West v. East rivalry anymore anyways.

If they did this they would first have to completely randomize the schedule. Every team plays every other team 3 times, except 5 teams which you only play twice, this could go on a rotating schedule.

Frisco415
01-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Can't make the change now. A lot of teams are throwing the season to get a high draft pick. I would be in favor in making a permanent change to the playoff format because of the way things are scheduled nowadays.

bananabucket
01-25-2014, 03:39 PM
the whining is getting out of hand. Toronto, Atlanta, Washington, and Chicago are all solid teams. Brooklyn has turned it around. Charlotte plays great D.

the disparity is not nearly as great as people make it out to be. it's the top 2 in the east + top 3 in the west, then everyone else.

Stannisthemanis
01-25-2014, 03:41 PM
And this is with the eastern confrence teams playing eachother more which inflates their win/lose ratio. I honestly think every western confrence team with possibly the excpetion of utah would make the playoffs in the east. smh

bking10
01-25-2014, 03:42 PM
I don't understand why these West teams who have no shot at a title are complaining. Brb instead of first round exit and bad pick. You get a lottery pick significantly better than it should be. You are better off

bananabucket
01-25-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't understand why these West teams who have no shot at a title are complaining. Brb instead of first round exit and bad pick. You get a lottery pick significantly better than it should be. You are better off

this lol

darknessmanX
01-25-2014, 04:02 PM
the whining is getting out of hand. Toronto, Atlanta, Washington, and Chicago are all solid teams. Brooklyn has turned it around. Charlotte plays great D.

the disparity is not nearly as great as people make it out to be. it's the top 2 in the east + top 3 in the west, then everyone else.

please. it doesn't get talked about enough, it's the opposite of what you're saying. i don't really see much eastern conference criticism from analysts and stuff, it kind of gets a pass.

4backcracks
01-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Isn't the odds on favorite to three-peat an eastern conference team? I'm new at the whole NBA thing.

darknessmanX
01-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Isn't the odds on favorite to three-peat an eastern conference team? I'm new at the whole NBA thing.

yeah, because one team represents a whole conference. yes the heat are awesome, but the heat aren't the Eastern Conference, it's half of the association- one good team doesn't even come close to making up for it. and that team literally required the east's best players conspiring and creating a super team to happen, that's how sorry the east is. they had to let all these superstars team up to stop the West's dynastical run of 10+ years.

jlee639
01-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Plus the east teams (heat or pacers) have only one real series to win to get to the finals. Most playoff series in the west will be tough from the start

Brian0602
01-25-2014, 05:30 PM
it's been over 10 years of the WC running ****

Last 10 years:

Heat
Heat
Mavs
Lakers
Lakers
Celtics
Spurs
Heat
Spurs
Pistons

Looks like 5-5 to me OP; I'd hardly call that dominating.

bananabucket
01-25-2014, 05:52 PM
yeah, because one team represents a whole conference. yes the heat are awesome, but the heat aren't the Eastern Conference, it's half of the association- one good team doesn't even come close to making up for it. and that team literally required the east's best players conspiring and creating a super team to happen, that's how sorry the east is. they had to let all these superstars team up to stop the West's dynastical run of 10+ years.

ummm

the Pacers are the best team in the NBA

bananabucket
01-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Plus the east teams (heat or pacers) have only one real series to win to get to the finals. Most playoff series in the west will be tough from the start

again, overblown. the Raptors and Nets will not be cakewalks. lets be honest, IND and MIA would not struggle with any WC team beyond the top 3.

khanvictt
01-25-2014, 07:32 PM
again, overblown. the Raptors and Nets will not be cakewalks. lets be honest, IND and MIA would not struggle with any WC team beyond the top 3.

you are so fkn beyond potato its seriously hopeless. this is coming from a resident of toronto too... indy/heat would mop the floor with every east team from seeds 3-8 with the outlier being a potential 2-7 match up between mia and bkn. east has been a fkn joke for the past decade+ .

wickedman
01-25-2014, 07:34 PM
They should get rid of the conferences and introduce relegation to basketball - would make this ****ty regular season actually mean something.

hardestout89
01-25-2014, 07:39 PM
dont sleep on the raps doe

bpatel82
01-25-2014, 07:49 PM
There is no need to be upset.

khanvictt
01-25-2014, 08:32 PM
dont sleep on the raps doe

not sherrif srs. dunno who is the bigger treadmill team, us or the hawks

montecarlo
01-25-2014, 09:48 PM
lets be real.....there are only 4 teams, 2 in each conference, that have a chance at making the finals anyway. also out of those 4 teams, the 2 in the east have by far better defense and a much better chance at winning the ship. its basically a lock that either heat or pacers will win it all.

pacers
heat
spurs
thunder

in b4 delusional portland fans. (great team, fun to watch but lol @ making it out of the west this year)

also op is a phaggot

/thread

NotBillyG
01-25-2014, 10:00 PM
lol everyone forgets about how bad the west was back in the 80s/90s
the west was bad but then chit west teams = higher draft picks and then the roles reverse because the east isnt getting as many higher picks so when the older stars like jordan and bird retire the young pups like kobe and duncan come in to show the league where the real talent is. obviously there are some exceptions like the lakers and celtics but every 20 years or so the conferences swap talent

PureCardio
01-26-2014, 12:10 AM
There will be a massive influx of talent into the east in the next few years

2pacalypto
01-26-2014, 12:34 AM

so much this. i'd call brooklyn a better team than the wiz, too

a month ago, the leastern conference was not nearly as good as it is currently

HarpoonBrah
01-26-2014, 12:37 AM
lets be real.....there are only 4 teams, 2 in each conference, that have a chance at making the finals anyway. also out of those 4 teams, the 2 in the east have by far better defense and a much better chance at winning the ship. its basically a lock that either heat or pacers will win it all.

pacers
heat
spurs
thunder

in b4 delusional portland fans. (great team, fun to watch but lol @ making it out of the west this year)

also op is a phaggot

/thread

this , 70% chance that Heat or Pacers win it all this year

also hope curry can lead the Warriors to the Finals , fun as fuk to watch

ctownballer04
01-26-2014, 12:40 AM

pacers
heat
spurs
thunder

also op is a phaggot

/thread

I can't wait tell you the Spurs lose. I can't wait. I hope the Blazers get to be the team to take them out, damn that'd feel good.

this , 70% chance that Heat or Pacers win it all this year

also hope curry can lead the Warriors to the Finals , fun as fuk to watch

You should be hoping Curry can lead his team out of the first round lmao, not the finals. It's unlikely they get out of the first round.

Trapstar4.4
01-26-2014, 04:46 AM
The association has bigger issues than this. Who gives a sht when only 4 or so teams have a legit shot at a title. Everybody else is just placollecting paychecks and keeping dat cardio strong

StrongM477
01-26-2014, 05:29 AM
if the league didnt reward tanking it would be better. EC team will win the title again tho

Shortstop36
01-26-2014, 05:40 AM
this thread is new and exciting

BullStampede
01-26-2014, 06:35 AM
Who gives a ****? Seriously? The NBA is never wide open anyways. The 4+ seeds in the West have literally no shot at the title barring injury to the top 3. Same in the East. Who honestly cares?