PDA

View Full Version : I can't seem to gain a single kilogram

missile1221
01-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone. Didn't know where to put a rant about my weight. Anyways, I am almost 19 y/o. About 5'5'. And forty-friggin-five kilograms. 45=100lbs. I'm a dude. I cannot seem to gain weight at all. I don't know what is wrong with me. I see people around me including some of my brothers who eat a piece of lettuce and see them adding 1kg. I eat like a crazy dude but no weight seems to increase. I didn't grow a lot during my teenage years (compared to my friends). I didn't gain in size like my peers. I have small wrists, back, chest and my arms look like twigs which I absolutely despise :( . No matter how much I eat, I stay at the same weight. I tried different diets including GOMAD which added to my weight about 5 kgs. My weight stabilized on 47 for a while but is now 45 again! Annoying how I eat normal but my weight keeps decreasing. My self-esteem is destroyed. I can't seem to find clothes that fit properly. I keep getting judged by people and everyone's asking me 'why don't you eat?" Bottom line. It just seems surreal to not gain a single kilogram from all this food. It really does. It is like my body is waging an all-out war on me.

Give me some weight gain shakes. Exercises to help me grow in size. Tell me the right form for pushups in a simple way to understand. Exercises to help remove those bony and twig-looking arms and get a bigger back. I want to look better and not look like a guy who hasn't eaten for decades. Help me. I don't care whether it is muscle or fat. I just want to get bigger and not look like a bag of bones.

loganhart
01-22-2014, 01:46 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

beastlymandude
01-22-2014, 01:52 PM
First off, you should read through the Nutrition stickies because your knowledge of it is lacking.

Second, you just aren't eating enough. Period. You say you "eat like a crazy dude" but that is vague and subjective. You may think you're eating a lot, but to someone else it may not be a lot.

Third, go here to calculate your TDEE and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Add 10-20% (though you may want to add more for a more aggressive rate of weight gain, as you're seriously underweight) to your TDEE. Monitor your weight weekly/biweekly so you're gaining ~0.5-1lb a week (again, you may want to gain ~1.5lbs a week at your stats).

You just need to eat more. That's it. If you're having trouble, eat calorie-dense foods that are not very voluminous: nuts/but butters, fatty cuts of meat, full-fat dairy, etc.

Fourth, go to the Workout Programs section and choose a strength routine. One that focuses around compound lifts and progressive overload is your best bet.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

theerun
01-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Track everything you eat for a month - you're probably not eating as much as you think.

See a doctor to check for thyroid problems.

Haveboards
01-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Post TDEE and macros

SuperHippo
01-22-2014, 02:09 PM
eat more

EatTrainClean
01-22-2014, 05:54 PM
All the above advice is valid, and I will sympathize with you, as I used to be very skinny as well, and could not put on weight for the life of me. Quite simply, eat more. You will likely want to go in the direction of shakes, as they are a fast way to get more calories into the diet.

What you can do is take a whey protein (noted for its growth potential) and throw some healthy fats in (I would go with almond butter) and then add some maltodextrin (a polysaccharide, produced from starch). It is also very cheap, flavorless, and an abundant source of calories. It is rapidly absorbed as glucose.

Try adding this shake twice per day, in addition to a high quality, whole foods diet. Veggies, chicken, tuna, fish, grass fed beef, healthy fats, and you will get there. Just give it time! Lift heavy and rest often (you will feel fat and lazy, this is normal).

Hopefully this helps!

snicklefritz42
01-23-2014, 12:17 AM
If you eat enough calories you will gain weight period, Maybe go to the doctor and check to see what your thyroid levels are at? Thyroid has an important role in metabolism so that could be a factor. As for a weight gainer You could try mutant mass, its like 1000 calories for 4 scoops but it's disgusting to drink 4 scoops at once it makes you really bloated. You could take a 2 scoop serving in the morning and after you workout. Just don't let this phase you man, keep on trying, Do what you have to do to make gains and than anyone who laughed at you being small will be mirring in the future.

AlwaysTryin
01-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Yes you can, you're just not eating enough

missile1221
01-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Thanks guys for all your comments. Advice taken. I just wanted to throw a point out there, it is REALLY tough for me to gain weight.
Anyways, concerning powders, I have found one which was suggested to me called "Muscletech Cell Tech Performance Series Powder" on Amazon but I can't post links. Supposedly it is for hardgainers. Do you guys recommend it for me? and most importantly is it safe? and is it okay to take it if I don't exercise that much? and what other powders would you recommend (for gaining weight) bear in mind, I'm 18 going on 19

beastlymandude
01-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys for all your comments. Advice taken. I just wanted to throw a point out there, it is REALLY tough for me to gain weight.
Anyways, concerning powders, I have found one which was suggested to me called "Muscletech Cell Tech Performance Series Powder" on Amazon but I can't post links. Supposedly it is for hardgainers. Do you guys recommend it for me? and most importantly is it safe? and is it okay to take it if I don't exercise that much? and what other powders would you recommend (for gaining weight) bear in mind, I'm 18 going on 19

I'd recommend that you first familiarize yourself with the basic aspects of nutrition. Go here to do so:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

Then go here to calculate your TDEE and macros (like just about everyone ITT suggested):
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

BTW, you're not a "hardgainer." Your appetite just doesn't match your caloric needs, therefore you don't eat enough to gain weight. And if you can fulfill your calorie/macro/micro requirements with (mostly whole or minimally processed) food, there's no need for the powders. They're solely a heavily processed food, sold to people like you who fall for the marketing ploy that these supplements are necessary.

AlwaysTryin
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM

Buy a jar of PB every day and eat it between the time you wake and time you sleep

buyerofmtg
01-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Buy a jar of PB every day and eat it between the time you wake and time you sleep

Buy a chocolate bar to use as a spoon as well. If you can't eat that no one will be able to help you.