PDA

View Full Version : Bulking when sensitive to carbs and fats

e602505
01-22-2014, 08:18 AM
I've been bulking for a while now, an I have a high metabolism, I currently try to eat around 4000 calories a day, and am at 160lbs at 5"5 around 10-12% body fat, my problem isn't gaining or losing weight, it's whenever I h e a high carb meal I get sleepy, and in order to get my calories all my meals have to be high carbed, also, for some reason I think I have problems digesting fats, and eating a lot of those also makes me sleepy, I get nightmares if I have fats before bed. Does any body have any solutions? I don't want to be eating 3000 calories before bed as a solution because I can't eat that much.

James199117
01-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Consume mostly high fat and carb meals in the morning and afternoon go higher protein before bed.

VmissileX
01-22-2014, 08:29 AM
I've been bulking for a while now, an I have a high metabolism, I currently try to eat around 4000 calories a day, and am at 160lbs at 5"5 around 10-12% body fat, my problem isn't gaining or losing weight, it's whenever I h e a high carb meal I get sleepy, and in order to get my calories all my meals have to be high carbed, also, for some reason I think I have problems digesting fats, and eating a lot of those also makes me sleepy, I get nightmares if I have fats before bed. Does any body have any solutions? I don't want to be eating 3000 calories before bed as a solution because I can't eat that much.

While the carbs making you sleepy is pretty common (and does occur to me hence I don't eat them too often), the problems with fats seem to be a cause for concern. Fats are essential nutrients. Have you talked to a doctor regarding the issue with fats? Did you try fats from many different foods? I eat avacados and feel great after eating them.

e602505
01-22-2014, 08:42 AM
While the carbs making you sleepy is pretty common (and does occur to me hence I don't eat them too often), the problems with fats seem to be a cause for concern. Fats are essential nutrients. Have you talked to a doctor regarding the issue with fats? Did you try fats from many different foods? I eat avacados and feel great after eating them.

Well, I get most my fat from peanut butter, and even then it's the same, I tried eggs, and even cut out fast food, it's just, fats in general I don't do well with, and I can't afford a doctor but I think my dad was also sensitive to fats, but he was a Boxer in the day so he never worried about bulking :p

e602505
01-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Also, i have to wait 3-4 hrs after a meal to workout or I'll feel sluggish because of the carbs, and I need carbs to hit my caloric intake. I set my fats to 75 but I want to lower it cuz fats make me feel terrible, but if I lower it I have to raise my carbs by a **** ton
My macros are
600 carbs
75 fats
225 protein