PDA

View Full Version : Could this team beat the 1995-96 chicago bulls?

thekid42
01-21-2014, 12:42 PM
pg- ricky rubio
sg- allen iverson
sf- tracy mcgrady
pf- kevin garnett
c- hakeem olajuwon

edit: coach- pat riley

vs
pg- ron harper
sg- michael jordan
sf- scottie pippen
pf- dennis rodman
c- luc longley

edit: coach- phil jackson

assuming all players in prime

t3hmadrep303
01-21-2014, 12:45 PM
pg- ricky rubio

Lol wtf?

13sBRAHH
01-21-2014, 12:46 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Mddk7CwwhbY/Um9uqiX-OZI/AAAAAAAAOh0/ew3DCcen_vU/s1600/Doc-Rivers.gif

HotCheetos
01-21-2014, 12:48 PM
LOL, bulls would stomp them. Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman = GOAT defense.

isp
01-21-2014, 12:49 PM
prime luc longley? they have no chance.

lsiberian
01-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Prime Phil Jackson would out coach the other guy.

mlift11
01-21-2014, 12:54 PM
unless this happens every single play
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1188652/allen-iverson-crosses-michael-o.gif
then no. AI can't defend MJ. that would be the tough mismatch. but i think you guys need to realize how damn good that team's offense would be. a passer 2 amazing scorers, and 2 talented post players. including great interior defense. i just don't know bout the perimeter defense

ugottabjoshinme
01-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Iverson and McGrady guarding Jordan and Pippen.

LOL

thekid42
01-21-2014, 12:58 PM
id say that the team with iverson and mcgrady would play zone, and garnett and olajuwon are 1000 times better than longley and rodman. like that would be the best frontcourt ever

but yeah i forgot coaches let me edit it.

Thai_Clinch
01-21-2014, 01:00 PM
a bunch of scorers on one team with no defense outside of the dream down low and garnett (who i dont see as a great defender imo)... no ****ing way. iverson and mcgrady would be too busy fighting over the ball.

thekid42
01-21-2014, 01:02 PM
added a poll, lets see what we get

Spill512
01-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Change out Rubio and Iverson and I'd probably take that team. Hakeem and Garnett are two of the best defenders in their position of all time. Not to mention on offense Hakeem would abuse Longley.

thekid42
01-21-2014, 01:14 PM
yeah you can change positions if you want, but idk why youd want rubio to be a sg

montecarlo
01-21-2014, 01:24 PM
put rondo in over rubio and they have a shot.

Spill512
01-21-2014, 01:24 PM
yeah you can change positions if you want, but idk why youd want rubio to be a sg

I meant switch them out. Rubio isn't needed when everyone can create their own shot and Iverson will get abused on defense.

I'd probably take the Bulls as constructed.

mlift11
01-21-2014, 01:27 PM
alright i thought about it. if i can have payton or dumars or someone over rubio i'll probly take that team. if we have someone to guard mj, they'd dominate down low and be able to score really well

NickA44
01-21-2014, 01:27 PM
LOL at anyone on that team guarding or scoring on Pippen , much less Jordan

montecarlo
01-21-2014, 01:30 PM

you are acting like everyone can only iso their defender and screens/plays dont exist.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1188652/allen-iverson-crosses-michael-o.gif

Babyframes
01-21-2014, 01:32 PM

Lmfao. If you think ****ing prime AI or T-mac aren't scoring you're fukkin delusional. Luc on Hakeem GOATlajuwon? Christ...

FGCHENG
01-21-2014, 01:39 PM
goat front court though. dat defense

actually harder than i originally thought. AI, Tmac, and Rubio would get wrecked doe. They will score but MJ and Pippen would light them up for 40 points each.

montecarlo
01-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Lmfao. If you think ****ing prime AI or T-mac aren't scoring you're fukkin delusional. Luc on Hakeem GOATlajuwon? Christ...

repped.

thekid42
01-21-2014, 01:42 PM
In all honesty i think people are overrating pippen too much

are we forgetting that the bulls have no answer to garnett or olajuwon?

rocketsfanumad
01-21-2014, 01:58 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Mddk7CwwhbY/Um9uqiX-OZI/AAAAAAAAOh0/ew3DCcen_vU/s1600/Doc-Rivers.gif

my reaction hahaha

thekid42
01-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Any more opinions?

AirCanada
01-21-2014, 02:42 PM
I love Rubio but for the life of me can't understand why he's on that lineup.

Switch him for Payton or Dumars or someone who has some sort of chance at guarding MJ and they probably win.

MusicalHam
01-21-2014, 02:48 PM
We finna act like Garnett and the Dream wouldn't **** on them?
Tmac at SF?

How could anyone honestly say that the bulls would stand a chance

rocketsfanumad
01-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Mark Price
Vince Carter
Dennis Johnson
Tim Duncan
arvydas sabonis

would have a better chance

brb_ballin
01-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Bulls would have a terrible time with Dream and KG down low.

houtexans23
01-21-2014, 03:15 PM
why rubio? gimme rondo and they've got a legit shot in a 7 game series. the front court would absolutely abuse the bulls' though. phil jackson might be the difference maker though. he'd outcoach riley, despite riley being as good as he is. i don't think it's as ridiculous as people are saying, but AI would be useless on defense against MJ, and T-Mac would have his troubles with pippen too.

bulls in 6. if you switch rubio for rondo, i'm leaning towards the other team in 7.

AirCanada
01-21-2014, 03:18 PM
We finna act like Garnett and the Dream wouldn't **** on them?
Tmac at SF?

How could anyone honestly say that the bulls would stand a chance

Brb Iverson or Rubio on MJ.
Brb post up every possession.
Brb switch T-Mac onto MJ to combat this.
Brb now you have a 6'8 superstar player being guarded by Iverson or Rubio.

Bulls D was elite too, they'd be able to throw doubles at Hakeem without any worry of Rubio making them pay for it.

wickedman
01-21-2014, 03:32 PM
It would be pretty damn close, think the GOAT being involved is skewing some perceptions, the random team has the GOAT front court and a prime T-mac, dude went 30-5-5 in his best year...

Babyframes
01-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Brb Iverson or Rubio on MJ.
Brb post up every possession.
Brb switch T-Mac onto MJ to combat this.
Brb now you have a 6'8 superstar player being guarded by Iverson or Rubio.

Bulls D was elite too, they'd be able to throw doubles at Hakeem without any worry of Rubio making them pay for it.

Yeah, and what about KG?

You aren't doubling ANYONE on that first team without getting lit up by another. Lmfao@people just forgetting Iverson and Mac were some of the most prolific scorers the game has ever seen. Strong potato ITT. We all know MJ was the goat, but team 1 destroys them easily.

thekid42
01-21-2014, 03:44 PM
lol everyone talking about rubio as if harper was the best pg ever

AirCanada
01-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Yeah, and what about KG?

Man who was that one guy on the Bulls, I can't quite remember his name. I heard he's popular in North Korea though.

You aren't doubling ANYONE on that first team without getting lit up by another. Lmfao@people just forgetting Iverson and Mac were some of the most prolific scorers the game has ever seen. Strong potato ITT. We all know MJ was the goat, but team 1 destroys them easily.

You are if the person you're leaving open is Ricky fukking Rubio. Lmfao@people just forgetting just forgetting that Jordan and Pippen were the best wing defending duo the game has ever seen. Strong potato ITT. We all know how talented Iverson, McGrady, KG, and Hakeem are, but they aren't beating the Bulls with Ricky Rubio as their starting PG.

A0wner21
01-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Allen iverson playing defense against mj in the post, rip ai and his family. Hakeem would be the only problem, would be a close game

thekid42
01-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Man who was that one guy on the Bulls, I can't quite remember his name. I heard he's popular in North Korea though.

You are if the person you're leaving open is Ricky fukking Rubio. Lmfao@people just forgetting just forgetting that Jordan and Pippen were the best wing defending duo the game has ever seen. Strong potato ITT. We all know how talented Iverson, McGrady, KG, and Hakeem are, but they aren't beating the Bulls with Ricky Rubio as their starting PG.

rodman cant guard garnett lmao. garnetts go to move (i.e. fadeaway baseline jumper) could be taken on guys that were 7ft. rodman is like 6'6 lmao

Ejjw18
01-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Lol wtf kind of thread is this?

freshnevafrozen
01-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Lmao, put AI at point and get VC at sg and you bake

AirCanada
01-21-2014, 04:21 PM
rodman cant guard garnett lmao. garnetts go to move (i.e. fadeaway baseline jumper) could be taken on guys that were 7ft. rodman is like 6'6 lmao

2 time DPOY with the wingspan of a 7 footer and called one of the greatest defenders in the history of the game? I somehow don't think that his height is going to be a factor.

waisoserious
01-21-2014, 04:31 PM
pg- ricky rubio cant score, cant shoot
sg- allen iverson too small to guard michael. way too small
sf- tracy mcgrady
pf- kevin garnett
c- hakeem olajuwon

edit: coach- pat riley

vs
pg- ron harper
sg- michael jordan
sf- scottie pippen
pf- dennis rodman
c- luc longley

edit: coach- phil jackson

if you gave each of them a score out of 100 and averaged their scores team 1 would be alot higher. but michael would still have a field day and drop 60

Babyframes
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM

Notsureifsrs... Rodman isn't shutting down prime KG, and even if he does guard KG 1-on-1, oops, forgot about Hakeem? He'll butt devastate Luc by himself.

HotCheetos
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Yeah, and what about KG?

Lol, rodman guarded dudes 7 foot on a nightly bases and not only shut them down, but got in their heads AND out rebounded them...again NIGHTLY

lol everyone talking about rubio as if harper was the best pg everharper was solid defensively, which is all the bulls would need against Rubio.

With luc just using his size to make Hakeem use his hook and Jordan and pippen on the perimeter to cheat in and take pokes at the ball they could limit the damage Hakeem did well enough to pull out the win.

AirCanada
01-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Notsureifsrs... Rodman isn't shutting down prime KG, and even if he does guard KG 1-on-1, oops, forgot about Hakeem? He'll butt devastate Luc by himself.

I repeat once again, that because Ricky Rubio is in the lineup, the Bulls are free to double Hakeem all day without anything that would make them pay for it. Rodman probably won't shut down KG but he'll make life very tough for him. As will Jordan/Pippen on AI/Tracy. The OP has set up a situation where either Jordan or Pippen or both have a hilarious mismatch on offense on pretty much every possession, which they will take full advantage of.

Babyframes
01-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Lol, rodman guarded dudes 7 foot on a nightly bases and not only shut them down, but got in their heads AND out rebounded them...again NIGHTLY

Except those PFs =/= a prime KG. Not even close. Doesn't mean ****.

With luc just using his size to make Hakeem use his hook

Hook? Hakeem would legit blow by Luc. Or just dream shake him to death.

and Jordan and pippen on the perimeter to cheat in and take pokes at the ball they could limit the damage Hakeem did well enough to pull out the win.

Cheat in, and get abused by T-mac on the wing.

socrates07
01-21-2014, 04:55 PM
OP what team would you put together to beat:

PG: prime wade ( 2009 )
SG: Tmac
SF: lebron
PF: hakeem
C: shaq

seriously I'll give you jordan and kobe, I think tmac and lebron can hold their own defensively vs those two considering the hakeem and shaq are going to block anything and everything within 10 feet of the rim

AirCanada
01-21-2014, 05:02 PM
OP what team would you put together to beat:

PG: prime wade ( 2009 )
SG: Tmac
SF: lebron
PF: hakeem
C: shaq

seriously I'll give you jordan and kobe, I think tmac and lebron can hold their own defensively vs those two considering the hakeem and shaq are going to block anything and everything within 10 feet of the rim

Well you took IMO the two best centers available, but I'll play anyway.

PG: Payton
SG: MJ
SF: Pippen
PF: Dirk
C: Duncan

Hack a Shaq and zone defense for days. Enjoy trying to make free throws/3s.

I'm also not the OP because I'm not a phaggot.

socrates07
01-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Well you took IMO the two best centers available, but I'll play anyway.

PG: Payton
SG: MJ
SF: Pippen
PF: Dirk
C: Duncan

Hack a Shaq and zone defense for days. Enjoy trying to make free throws/3s.

I'm also not the OP because I'm not a phaggot.

interesting strategy young jedi

wade gonna weave through that sh*t though, it's gonna be a problem srs that guy in his prime used to split double and triple teams like a gawd

therightfulking
01-21-2014, 05:11 PM
ricky rubio would single handedly lose the game for them LOL

AirCanada
01-21-2014, 05:12 PM
interesting strategy young jedi

wade gonna weave through that sh*t though, it's gonna be a problem srs that guy in his prime used to split double and triple teams like a gawd

That's why I went with Payton over Kobe...there's enough offense on the team and Kobe was a great defender when he wanted to be, but too much overlap between his and MJ's skillsets would make him a waste. Rather go with the better perimeter defender since that will likely be what wins this matchup.

Rebounds45
01-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Lol just leave Rubio alone and let Harper double on Hakeem all day. If this is in a 7 game series then Rubio would probably get hot from the 3pt in only like 2 games or something.

HotCheetos
01-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Except those PFs =/= a prime KG. Not even close. Doesn't mean ****.

Hook? Hakeem would legit blow by Luc. Or just dream shake him to death.

Cheat in, and get abused by T-mac on the wing.
Shutting down whoever he was guarding would at least slow KG down enough while Jordan and pippen pour it on at the other end of the floor. kG isn't getting a clean look at the rim, meanwhile Jordan and pippen are completely destroying t Mac and AI. Hakeem couldn't blow by Luc simply because he luc is so wide. Help is coming in and out constantly making him dish the ball out. Obviously Ewing or Malone are no Hakeem, but they worked this strategy all the time and did it very well. Like I said Hakeem would get his points, but nobody is doing the damage jordan and pippen are offensively in that game. Easy baskets constantly while the other team has to work for theirs.

gottalooksharp
01-21-2014, 06:47 PM
The Sonics almost beat that Bulls team.

niknguyen
01-21-2014, 06:50 PM
this nikka... are you serious?

thekid42
01-22-2014, 12:13 AM
The Sonics almost beat that Bulls team.

exactly. no way my team cant win lol

bigcc
01-22-2014, 12:30 AM
lol@ delusional jordan nut huggers.... the sonics took them to 6 with a starting lineup of:

PG- Payton
SG-Hersey Hawkins
SF-Detlef Schrempf
PF- Shawn Kemp
C- Sam Perkins

EDIT: Don't get me wrong this was a legit team that would win most years but OP's team would blow the bulls out

thekid42
01-23-2014, 11:30 AM
lol@ delusional jordan nut huggers.... the sonics took them to 6 with a starting lineup of:

PG- Payton
SG-Hersey Hawkins
SF-Detlef Schrempf
PF- Shawn Kemp
C- Sam Perkins

EDIT: Don't get me wrong this was a legit team that would win most years but OP's team would blow the bulls out

lol @perkins, but yeah kemp schrempf and payton were legit tho

AirCanada
01-23-2014, 01:17 PM

PG- Payton
SG-Hersey Hawkins
SF-Detlef Schrempf
PF- Shawn Kemp
C- Sam Perkins

Autism everywhere.

Gary Payton started guarding Jordan in game 4 of that series.

First 3 games where Payton didn't guard MJ, these were MJ's stats:
31 ppg and 5.3 apg on 46% FG, 50% 3P and 12.3 free throw attempts with 2.3 turnovers (Bulls won all 3 games)

When Payton guarded MJ, these were MJ's stats:
24 ppg and 3 apg on 36% FG, 11% 3P and 10 free throw attempts with 3.7 turnovers (Sonics went 2-1)

Now please aware me on which one of Rubio, Iverson, or T-Mac is going to be putting the clamps on MJ.

uanjum
01-23-2014, 01:38 PM
McGrady was one of the laziest players ever. If that guy even tried to play defense he would have been a way better of a player. Even on offense he did nothing to help facilitate the offense unless he had the ball.

broboma2012
01-23-2014, 01:57 PM

PG- Payton
SG-Hersey Hawkins
SF-Detlef Schrempf
PF- Shawn Kemp
C- Sam Perkins

lol. bulls got lazy. they went up 3-0 i believe.

mlift11
01-23-2014, 02:33 PM
I've decided I'd take team 1. What people don't remember is that mj and the bulls won all these championships, but they didn't exactly sweep every series they were in. Team 1 is a lot better offensively and has amazing interior defense. I think they'd get the job done

khanvictt
01-23-2014, 02:45 PM
stopped reading thread at RICKY RUBIO. LMAOOOOOOO. and lol to the gumbie who thought sonics almost beat bulls in the finals, yes they were up 3-0 then got lazy but took care of business at home.

OdIRrMFVCa4

ChildPlz13
01-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Depends how the game is officiated.