PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks until we see the vaunted seattle defense out of the comfy confines of home

PostMoves
01-19-2014, 09:39 PM
it's a whole different story.

Ejjw18
01-19-2014, 10:11 PM
I can't wait.

MEGAMANLET
01-19-2014, 10:18 PM
they went on the road and held carolina to 7 points. went to NY already once this year, giants didnt score 1 point on them.

Radioactive Man
01-19-2014, 10:21 PM
they went on the road and held carolina to 7 points. went to NY already once this year, giants didnt score 1 point on them. During that stretch, Carolina lost 3 out of their first 4 games. And did you just mention the Giants?

MEGAMANLET
01-19-2014, 10:23 PM
During that stretch, Carolina lost 3 out of their first 4 games. And did you just mention the Giants?yeah giants were chit but they beat 3 playoff teams. its not like that win doesnt count for the hawks just cause the giants werent very good. its crazy hard to hold a team scoreless in the nfl

METALxGEAR
01-19-2014, 10:24 PM
It's funny because I remember back in 09 when everyone doubted the saints and said it would be a cake walk for manning, how'd that work out again? Oh yea he choked it away to Tracy porter for a pick 6 hahaha history will repeat itself

armored
01-19-2014, 10:26 PM
their defense is still good, they just do exceedingly well at home

Radioactive Man
01-19-2014, 10:27 PM
yeah giants were chit but they beat 3 playoff teams. its not like that win doesnt count for the hawks just cause the giants werent very good. its crazy hard to hold a team scoreless in the nfl I agree, but....the Giants.

You're really gonna pretend you're not worried about Manning's offense against Seattle in a neutral field?

MEGAMANLET
01-19-2014, 10:32 PM
I agree, but....the Giants.

You're really gonna pretend you're not worried about Manning's offense against Seattle in a neutral field?i would have rather faced brady, but overall nah not really. already beat brees twice, our secondary is our strongest asset, and denver D isn't very good. plus D wins championship.s

SquallFF8
01-19-2014, 10:33 PM
It's funny because I remember back in 09 when everyone doubted the saints and said it would be a cake walk for manning, how'd that work out again? Oh yea he choked it away to Tracy porter for a pick 6 hahaha history will repeat itself

Oh yeah? I remember Manning having that game in control until his special teams and defense gave up a momentum changing onside kick to start the 2nd half where the Saints went down and scored and changed the entire atmosphere of that game. That was Manning's fault right? And just when hes bringing them back after his defense gave up chunk plays to Brees all game and is down 7, he marches down the field, and being forced to pass late game, he makes a throw and Tracy Porter makes a good play.

Dallas Cowboys says everything about your post btw. Strong post to your team's QB. Hes the biggest choker in NFL history as of now.

And lol @ guys ITT mentioning the Giants as a viable team the Seahawks shut out. Look what the Broncos did to them, along with a dozen teams this year.

Radioactive Man
01-19-2014, 10:45 PM
i would have rather faced brady, but overall nah not really. already beat brees twice, our secondary is our strongest asset, and denver D isn't very good. plus D wins championship.s You faced Brees' offense twice at the Clink.

SquallFF8
01-19-2014, 10:47 PM
i would have rather faced brady, but overall nah not really. already beat brees twice, our secondary is our strongest asset, and denver D isn't very good. plus D wins championship.s

As a Denver fan, i'm glad we get the Seahawks. I found SF to be the more dangerous team. The SB isn't in Seattle, and Wilson is a lot less scary of a QB than Kap.

Iron121
01-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Every week theres a new excuse yet they keep winning

METALxGEAR
01-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Oh yeah? I remember Manning having that game in control until his special teams and defense gave up a momentum changing onside kick to start the 2nd half where the Saints went down and scored and changed the entire atmosphere of that game. That was Manning's fault right? And just when hes bringing them back after his defense gave up chunk plays to Brees all game and is down 7, he marches down the field, and being forced to pass late game, he makes a throw and Tracy Porter makes a good play.

Dallas Cowboys says everything about your post btw. Strong post to your team's QB. Hes the biggest choker in NFL history as of now.

And lol @ guys ITT mentioning the Giants as a viable team the Seahawks shut out. Look what the Broncos did to them, along with a dozen teams this year.

Strong excuses, he still choked it away. Btw chiefs right?...Alex smith lmao good luck with that trash, when was the last time your team was relevant again? Was it 1969?...I can't remember

SquallFF8
01-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Strong excuses, he still choked it away. Btw chiefs right?...Alex smith lmao good luck with that trash, when was the last time your team was relevant again? Was it 1969?...I can't remember

I like the Broncos. I live in Kansas and the Chiefs are located in MO anyway. I don't have to like them just for living here.

TyBaseball
01-20-2014, 12:03 AM
yeah giants were chit but they beat 3 playoff teams. its not like that win doesnt count for the hawks just cause the giants werent very good. its crazy hard to hold a team scoreless in the nfl

Manning has been on one mission all year. He will not lose this game to a bunch of hot headed Seahawks. Manning just easily worked the pats for a AFC Championship and he'll be more focused for this next game. Seahawks are going to need a miracle and a decent offense to show up if they want to have a chance. Manning didn't even get touched today let alone hit, good luck

Gooner89
01-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Denver by 14+. Wilson with 50% completion rate.

cor030
01-20-2014, 12:16 AM
Ugh.

Give credit when it's due. They have built an outstanding defense and while they do benefit from playing at home that doesn't at all take away how talented they are.

stevemckenna
01-20-2014, 12:28 AM
As a Denver fan, i'm glad we get the Seahawks. I found SF to be the more dangerous team. The SB isn't in Seattle, and Wilson is a lot less scary of a QB than Kap.

Agreed. Also, SF linebackers are scary good and very disruptive on the line; would not bode well for a mobile-less QB in Peyton Manning.

Key to Denver winning against Seattle is limiting Lynch and avoiding turnovers on their side of the field; basically forcing Wilson to win with his arm.

aksnowbrder
01-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Every week theres a new excuse yet they keep winning

Strong fcking this. Hawks have been "supposed" to lose every game this season. We were supposed to get knocked out by the saints, we were supposed to get knocked out by the niners and guess what? we're either the first or second best team in the league at this point, in disputably. So keep talking chit, keep guaranteeing they lose, keep making ban bets and we will see how it turns out.

dekd
01-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Lets not act like Seattle doesn't have the best defense in the NFL hands down. Wanted to deny it when the Pats were still in it, but can't anymore. They have the players to match up with Denver perfectly.

Maybe I am just butthurt but I think Seattle will shut them down completely.

aksnowbrder
01-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Agreed. Also, SF linebackers are scary good and very disruptive on the line; would not bode well for a mobile-less QB in Peyton Manning.

Key to Denver winning against Seattle is limiting Lynch and avoiding turnovers on their side of the field; basically forcing Wilson to win with his arm.

1. MUCH easier said than done.
2. if you force wilson to beat you with his arm, he will. dude is not just a manager, he GETS IT.

HumptyBrah
01-20-2014, 12:33 AM
2. if you force wilson to beat you with his arm, he will. dude is not just a manager, he GETS IT.
:rolleyes:

If you're really going to tell us Wilson won the game today, I've got sum bad nuwz

IsLifeRealLife
01-20-2014, 12:33 AM
Strong fcking this. Hawks have been "supposed" to lose every game this season. We were supposed to get knocked out by the saints, we were supposed to get knocked out by the niners and guess what? we're either the first or second best team in the league at this point, in disputably. So keep talking chit, keep guaranteeing they lose, keep making ban bets and we will see how it turns out.

lol literally 90% of the misc had u guys winning the saints game and probably 100% of analysts had you guys winning as well. Strong "suppose to get knocked out by the saints"

SquallFF8
01-20-2014, 12:37 AM

lol @ acting like Wilson is an elite QB. Del Rio will want him to be dropping back like he does, scrambling, and throwing it. They sacked Rivers 3-4 times and Brady twice today. They'll be getting to him.

Please tell me how well Wilson has played in these playoffs and give me his stats.

SquallFF8
01-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Lets not act like Seattle doesn't have the best defense in the NFL hands down. Wanted to deny it when the Pats were still in it, but can't anymore. They have the players to match up with Denver perfectly.

Maybe I am just butthurt but I think Seattle will shut them down completely.

Yeah, I think its because you're butthurt. You're right.

Oh and they arn't playing the SB in Seattle and they don't match up perfectly with Denver. They have 4-5 elite players like Sherman to cover all of Denver's weapons? TB put up 24 on them at Seattle this season….strong best defense in the NFL hands down.

stevemckenna
01-20-2014, 12:41 AM

I'm not discounting Wilson's ability to make plays. I'm saying if Lynch is limited to the point where Wilson is forced to throw on two or three consecutive downs rather than run-run-bootleg, he will be more prone to mistakes giving Denver the edge.

U.S.M.C. TANKER
01-20-2014, 12:51 AM
Stats miscers,

the best defensive team denver played this season?
the best offensive team seattle played this season?

SquallFF8
01-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Stats miscers,

I saw these posted earlier in different threads:

Denver played the Chiefs twice who were #5 in defense.

Seattle played the Saints twice (both times at home) who were # 10 in offense.

All that led to was butthurt and bitter pats fans/Seahawks fans discrediting them with excuses (such as how the AFC has poverty defenses) .

U.S.M.C. TANKER
01-20-2014, 12:59 AM
I saw these posted earlier in different threads:

Denver played the Chiefs twice who were #5 in defense.

Seattle played the Saints twice (both times at home) who were # 10 in offense.

All that led to was butthurt and bitter pats fans/Seahawks fans discrediting them with excuses (such as how the AFC has poverty defenses) .

repped. Sheriff Forehead def gonna go in dry on em.

stevemckenna
01-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Stats miscers,

Technically, Houston had the 5th best defense in terms of YPG, so yeah...let's not use this argument to make our point.

U.S.M.C. TANKER
01-20-2014, 01:02 AM
Technically, Houston had the 5th best defense in terms of YPG, so yeah...let's not use this argument to make our point.

we all know YPG is a garbage stat to measure how good a D is. PPG allowed and turnovers are a lot more reliable.

dekd
01-20-2014, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I think its because you're butthurt. You're right.

Oh and they arn't playing the SB in Seattle and they don't match up perfectly with Denver. They have 4-5 elite players like Sherman to cover all of Denver's weapons? TB put up 24 on them at Seattle this season….strong best defense in the NFL hands down.

Ok so TB put up 24 points on them oh ****

How about Denver who blew an epic lead to the Pats, lost to the Chargers and got absolutely shat on by the Colts? No but it doesn't count cause it's Denver.

Seattle has the best secondary in the NFL (would argue that the entire season). They have enough to match with the Broncos receivers without a doubt, along with a pretty solid front 7. Not as good as the 9ers front 7 but still pretty good.

And are we gonna act like Denver is some elite force on the road?

SquallFF8
01-20-2014, 01:09 AM

How about Denver who blew an epic lead to the Pats, lost to the Chargers and got absolutely shat on by the Colts? No but it doesn't count cause it's Denver.

Seattle has the best secondary in the NFL (would argue that the entire season). They have enough to match with the Broncos receivers without a doubt, along with a pretty solid front 7. Not as good as the 9ers front 7 but still pretty good.

Yeah, because Denver blew that lead at home against TB….lol the Bucs….I can't even name their QB that game at Seattle but they scored 24 points at Seattle. They lost to a hot, desperate Chargers team, and the Colts shat on them? They lost by 5 in an emotional game at Indy for Peyton. All 3 playoff teams, not the Bucs….24 points lmao

The 49'ers were the better all around matchup for the Broncos btw. The broncos wanted the Seahawks on a neutral field.

dekd
01-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Yeah, because Denver blew that lead at home against TB….lol the Bucs….I can't even name their QB that game at Seattle but they scored 24 points at Seattle. They lost to a hot, desperate Chargers team, and the Colts shat on them? They lost by 5 in an emotional game at Indy for Peyton. All 3 playoff teams, not the Bucs….24 points lmao

The 49'ers were the better all around matchup for the Broncos btw. The broncos wanted the Seahawks on a neutral field.

Not going to debate the matchups and all that cause all that shyt is useless at this point.

Seattle D matches up better against the Denver offense (imo), but the 49ers offense matched up better against the Denver defense. Despite my drunk rage at the moment all we can really do is speculate.

/end rant
/yes mad

Stannisthemanis
01-20-2014, 01:22 AM
Andrew luck with the most poverty o-line, 2nd year and rookie recivers,(Although at that time wayne still wasn't hurt) ****in trent richradson and dammit Donald put up 34 against seattle. Peyton's 4th reciver is better then indy's 1st reciver. Its very possible for a good offense to put up big numbers against this defence.

stevemckenna
01-20-2014, 01:23 AM

Could you care to explain how the Patriots would beat the Seahawks if the Pats were to go to the Superbowl instead of the Broncos? They did lose to the Jets, right? Their offense would pose no threat to the "best defense in the league, hands down," no?

dekd
01-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Could you care to explain how the Patriots would beat the Seahawks if the Pats were to go to the Superbowl instead of the Broncos? They did lose to the Jets, right? Their offense would pose no threat to the "best defense in the league, hands down," no?

I mean I can't argue that cause they aren't in that position. Pats lost fair and square today and that's a fact. Seattle has been the #1 defense all year, but because I root for the Patriots that isn't true anymore right?

stevemckenna
01-20-2014, 01:38 AM
I mean I can't argue that cause they aren't in that position. Pats lost fair and square today and that's a fact. Seattle has been the #1 defense all year, but because I root for the Patriots that isn't true anymore right?

No, I don't believe you'd be over-hyping the shiet out of Seattle's defense or caring about regular season losses if your boy Brady was facing Seattle. In fact, I would think you'd be underplaying the significance of both...you know how like Brady is super clutch in the playoffs or like how the secondary won't be a factor with Amendola torching Seattle's poverty linebackers...you know, stuff like that.

socrates07
01-20-2014, 04:57 AM
Denver by 14+. Wilson with 50% completion rate.

This

That denver team is no joke, dat offense... sheeesh

reverse79
01-20-2014, 04:59 AM
Manning has been on one mission all year. He will not lose this game to a bunch of hot headed Seahawks. Manning just easily worked the pats for a AFC Championship and he'll be more focused for this next game. Seahawks are going to need a miracle and a decent offense to show up if they want to have a chance. Manning didn't even get touched today let alone hit, good luck

Lol..comparing new england defense to seattle

Denver fans thinking theyre going to march up and down the field..

How do you beat denver/peyton? Keep the offense off the field...create turnovers.

Fact is= denver has not faced a dominant defense ALL year. Lets see how they fair...wouldnt bet my money on them

WarrNation
01-20-2014, 05:10 AM
lol @ Denver fans thinking Manning will have it easy against Seattle defence, esp in cold conditions. Manning has never played well in any superbowl and this year its not gonna be any different.

WarrNation
01-20-2014, 05:13 AM
This

That denver team is no joke, dat offense... sheeesh

Can their defence stop Harvin's speed? Can their pass rushers force Wilson out of the pocket as the 49ers did?

Offence win games, defence wins championships.

PrimeraRS
01-20-2014, 05:54 AM
Fact is= denver has not faced a dominant defense ALL year. Lets see how they fair...wouldnt bet my money on them

KC was #5 and they beat them twice. Do you just ignore that on purpose or for negs?

Thai_Clinch
01-20-2014, 06:02 AM
ITT: Seahawks are the bad guys. So lets act like they arent any good.

Should respect them because you know damn well Denver does.

Shrugs4Life
01-20-2014, 06:05 AM
they went on the road and held carolina to 7 points. went to NY already once this year, giants didnt score 1 point on them.

LMAO Giants had the worst offense in the NFL this year, even the Redskins D gave them fits at times.

eMan0n
01-20-2014, 07:16 AM
lol @ Denver fans thinking Manning will have it easy against Seattle defence, esp in cold conditions. Manning has never played well in any superbowl and this year its not gonna be any different.
Seattle's secondary is gonna go full Ty Law on Manning

WarrNation
01-20-2014, 07:19 AM
KC was #5 and they beat them twice. Do you just ignore that on purpose or for negs?

lol chiefs were only that high because of an easy schedule. In reality, the chiefs defence is below average..no pass rushers whatsoever and a sec that can't keep up with receivers.

Manning has never faced a D like Seattle and those quick releases will be of no help against the legion of boom.

oh, and winter is coming...

AgRyan
01-20-2014, 07:31 AM
GOAT offense vs GOAT defense. Let's not act like these type of games go to the defense more often than not. Should be a great game regardless though. Perfect match up really, and the two best teams from day 1.

XterraRob
01-20-2014, 07:33 AM

Wilson is a mexicanized version of Joe Flacco.

alphadodger
01-20-2014, 08:13 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3a5fc3d525e837a73441d919c983271b/tumblr_muidhmbvx51qm9rypo1_500.jpg

Best pepper your angus seattle. The Sheriff is going in dry.

Herr13
01-20-2014, 08:42 AM
giants didnt score 1 point on them.

lol you dont say

ceizer1985
01-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Not concerned about Seattle. The sheriff has two weeks to figure them out.

More worried about the weather.

scotyg
01-20-2014, 08:47 AM

if i was a denver fan i wouldve wanted SF. they dont have the talent in the secondary that seattle does.

Hishiad
01-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Food for thought:

Seattle only played 4 teams that were in the top 15 in points per game this year losing to 2 of them. (@ 49ers & @ Colts).

The only top 10 points per game offense they faced was the 10th ranked Saints.

Denver played 3 top 5 teams and went 2-1 losing @ Patriots.

SquallFF8
01-20-2014, 08:58 AM
if i was a denver fan i wouldve wanted SF. they dont have the talent in the secondary that seattle does.

No but Seattle doesn't have the offensive weapons that SF has. Not worried because Denver has too many weapons that all can't be covered by that secondary.

Hishiad
01-20-2014, 09:00 AM

Lol @ declaring a Kansas person a Chiefs fan by location. Geography much?

WarrNation
01-20-2014, 09:01 AM
No but Seattle doesn't have the offensive weapons that SF has. Not worried because Denver has too many weapons that all can't be covered by that secondary.

Pats and Chargers defences held that team to 26 points and less. I don't how Manning will suddenly explode against the best defence in the league. Plus the weather conditions don't favor Manning.

Personally, I see the Seattle offence having a better night than Broncos offence. Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, Karse against a below average Broncos secondary? No competition there.

SquallFF8
01-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Pats and Chargers defences held that team to 26 points and less. I don't how Manning will suddenly explode against the best defence in the league. Plus the weather conditions don't favor Manning.

Personally, I see the Seattle offence having a better night than Broncos offence. Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, Karse against a below average Broncos secondary? No competition there.

Probably because Manning was purposely taking 7-8 min. drives to keep Rivers and Brady off of the field, thus ONLY scoring 26 points after having the lead and control of the game both times. If they had to get into a shootout and score faster, they probably would have.

And lol @ acting like Wilson is an elite QB who can win a shootout or even sling the ball. Have you even watched this post season? You are red for a reason I guess.

Oh and Seattle gave up 24 points to the Bucs this season AT SEATTLE…..LOLOLOLOLOL….THE BUCS lol

Hishiad
01-20-2014, 09:10 AM

Denver's D held both those offenses to fewer than 20 pts and the Chargers & Patriots have superior passing games to the Seahawks.

WarrNation
01-20-2014, 09:11 AM
Probably because Manning was purposely taking 7-8 min. drives to keep Rivers and Brady off of the field, thus ONLY scoring 26 points after having the lead and control of the game both times. If they had to get into a shootout and score faster, they probably would have.

And lol @ acting like Wilson is an elite QB who can win a shootout or even sling the ball. Have you even watched this post season? You are red for a reason I guess.

Oh and Seattle gave up 24 points to the Bucs this season AT SEATTLE…..LOLOLOLOLOL….THE BUCS lol

lol Wilson is better at throwing deep balls than Brady. Pepper yourselves Denver.

And no, Peyton won't be having it his way against the Seattle defence. This ain't burger king.

scotyg
01-20-2014, 09:11 AM

peyton threw a pick six to the jags

the jags

lets not try to bring up meaningless games

SquallFF8
01-20-2014, 09:13 AM
peyton threw a pick six to the jags

the jags

So you're comparing a guy throwing a pick 6 to what nuthuggers on here want to deem the GOAT defense in Seattle who barely won a game at home this season against the Bucs who scored 24 ponts on them with some scrub QB. They were down 21-0 I believe….the Bucs lol

Logic.

WarrNation
01-20-2014, 09:15 AM
So you're comparing a guy throwing a pick 6 to what nuthuggers on here want to deem the GOAT defense in Seattle who barely won a game at home this season against the Bucs who scored 24 ponts on them with some scrub QB. They were down 21-0 I believe….the Bucs lol

Logic.

Believe it or not.. anomalies do exist.

scotyg
01-20-2014, 09:17 AM

Logic.
point being idk why you would bring up the bucs game when the jags gave denver all they could handle. your fans booed your team at halftime it was so bad.

also,
what do you think about them shutting down the saints twice?

also this-

Believe it or not.. anomalies do exist.

HoustonMiscer
01-20-2014, 09:21 AM

Y u do dis? Y u bring back bad memories. I just want to forget, srs.

waytoodeep03
01-20-2014, 09:24 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3a5fc3d525e837a73441d919c983271b/tumblr_muidhmbvx51qm9rypo1_500.jpg

Best pepper your angus seattle. The Sheriff is going in dry.

Why they leave out julius and tamme

Hishiad
01-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Seahawks have held teams under 20 twice and lost. Denver has only scored as few as 20 once all season.

This game to me hinges on Seahawks offense vs Denver defense.

#1 rushing team vs #7 rushing defense, which is playing even better in the playoffs.

scotyg
01-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Seahawks have held teams under 20 twice and lost. Denver has only scored as few as 20 once all season.

This game to me hinges on Seahawks offense vs Denver defense.

#1 rushing team vs #7 rushing defense, which is playing even better in the playoffs.

sf had the #4 rushing defense and hadnt allowed a 100-yard rusher all year

houtexans23
01-20-2014, 09:41 AM

Logic.

it's time for an intervention, SquallFF8. Your obsession is getting out of control.

Hishiad
01-20-2014, 09:49 AM
sf had the #4 rushing defense and hadnt allowed a 100-yard rusher all year

49ers gave up 124 to Green Bay & 93 to Carolina.
Denver gave up 65 to San Diego & 64 to New England

But that is my point Denver has to stop the run or they will lose like the 49ers did.

xnitemare
01-20-2014, 10:05 AM

Your team is only relevant bc of ESPN the Cowboys are 8-8 team every single year