PDA

View Full Version : New to dieting

dancoates
01-08-2014, 11:52 PM
I have been lifting for around two years now but never really paid attention to a diet as I am pretty lean but want to start looking at what I eat.

I just want to know if this is a good meal example:

1 chicken breast
4 baby potatoes
125g white rice

Thinking of mixing this up with veggies aswel, aiming for 2000 calories a day as the calculator recommends 2200 calories. What's your opinion on that meal example?

Thanks for your advice
Dan

rhadam
01-09-2014, 12:01 AM
It's a good meal if you like eating it and it fits your macros.

dancoates
01-09-2014, 12:05 AM
It's a good meal if you like eating it and it fits your macros.

Yeah its nice. I forgot to mention I put a little bit of hot nandos sauce but hardly has anything in it and I'm pretty sure it does. Not too knowledgeable on this macro stuff yet

rhadam
01-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Yeah its nice. I forgot to mention I put a little bit of hot nandos sauce but hardly has anything in it and I'm pretty sure it does. Not too knowledgeable on this macro stuff yet

Think of it this way: in an acute setting, no food is "bad" for you. The sooner you dispense with the words bad and good and clean and dirty, in a nutritional setting, the better off you'll be. The burrito from chipotle is a go-to of mine, it fits my macros, and tastes great. However for the person struggling to limit calories, that 900 calorie burrito from Chipotle may not be the best meal. A meal consisting of chicken and rice and veggies may be more applicable at roughly half the calories. Also, given the same caloric and macronutrient profile, your home cooked meal vs my Chipotle meal won't mean different body composition outcomes. Contrary to idiotic (public) opinion, you can still make positive body composition changes while eating out.

dancoates
01-09-2014, 02:57 AM
Think of it this way: in an acute setting, no food is "bad" for you. The sooner you dispense with the words bad and good and clean and dirty, in a nutritional setting, the better off you'll be. The burrito from chipotle is a go-to of mine, it fits my macros, and tastes great. However for the person struggling to limit calories, that 900 calorie burrito from Chipotle may not be the best meal. A meal consisting of chicken and rice and veggies may be more applicable at roughly half the calories. Also, given the same caloric and macronutrient profile, your home cooked meal vs my Chipotle meal won't mean different body composition outcomes. Contrary to idiotic (public) opinion, you can still make positive body composition changes while eating out.

Don't get me wrong I love myself a subway or a good old pizza (calorie heaven) once a month or so but I am going in the navy in around 5 month so I need fitness aswel as trying to keep my gains! I just wish I had someone to plan out my meals I always feel like Im doing something wrong