PDA

View Full Version : how do you eat alot?

choose2lose420
01-07-2014, 09:21 AM
How do you guys manage to eat so much while bulking?
for breakfast It took me 30+ mins to eat 2 servings of oats a banana a scoop of protein and 4 eggs scrambled with some peppers
and its killin me. I'm also not a small guy so eating usually isn't an issue. Makes me wonder how the guys that are 150lbs and below even bulk.

ironwill2008
01-07-2014, 09:30 AM
for breakfast It took me 30+ mins to eat 2 servings of oats a banana a scoop of protein and 4 eggs scrambled with some peppers
and its killin me. I'm also not a small guy so eating usually isn't an issue. Makes me wonder how the guys that are 150lbs and below even bulk.

Add in some fatty, high-calorie food items to bump up the calorie count.

kenny85
01-07-2014, 09:33 AM
I just love to eat!

NorthernMusicia
01-07-2014, 09:34 AM
I find four eggs is a lot of egg. I'm not really a breakfast person. I stay a little smaller with it in an case since I work out shortly after breakfast. I've never felt breakfast was the most important meal of the day. I believe they all are equal. They make or break you. The unwavering component breakfast of course is the quad-shot of espresso. Sadly, eating a lot has never been one of my problems. Like Will says. Get a few calorie dense foods going and you'll be fine.

amoroque
01-07-2014, 09:35 AM
I hate eating OP and I have a very low appetite.

You just gotta wolf it down bro, its not about taste and chewing its about getting your macros in.

I could of taken down that breakfast in less than 10 mins guaranteed.

whiteboyy09
01-07-2014, 09:36 AM
I love eating I can eat pretty much all day without stopping

choose2lose420
01-07-2014, 09:38 AM

Yeah I could always get some 2% milk into the mix. Easy cals there.
but what about carbs? Like I used iifym.com to calculate my macros and I ended up with 2900 cals, 170 gs of protein, 70 gs of fat and 410 gs if carbs. Carbs seem like the hardest thing to hit. Is it absolutely essential that I hit that exact number? Yesterday I hit all my macros but holy **** was that alot of food.

ChanceGamble
01-07-2014, 09:41 AM
If you just started, it may take a little while for your body to adjust to the portions, especially breakfast. Back in the day, I would get sick in the mornings after a big breakfast. Now, it ain't nothing but a thaing.

choose2lose420
01-07-2014, 09:41 AM
I hate eating OP and I have a very low appetite.

You just gotta wolf it down bro, its not about taste and chewing its about getting your macros in.

I could of taken down that breakfast in less than 10 mins guaranteed.

Now that's some motivation. I guess I gotta do it.
And to be honest, before I started this I ate like **** as well. Maybe a meal a day if that.
so this is quite the change.

nrowles
01-07-2014, 09:44 AM

This. Peanut Butter. Vit D milk. Just a couple examples.

SuperHippo
01-07-2014, 09:48 AM
whole milk, olive oil, cheese, nuts, peanut butter, dried fruit, pasta, steak, oats, avacado

ChanceGamble
01-07-2014, 09:50 AM
whole milk, olive oil, cheese, nuts, peanut butter, dried fruit, pasta, steak, oats, avacado
I'm not above downing a box of gold fish macaroni for breakfast...

TikiCabales
01-07-2014, 10:04 AM

Rather than eating your oatmeal...drink it down!

Here's My Oatmeal Cookie Protein Shake. Because your Macro requirement or Limit is substantially different than mine, I'll just give you a run down of the ingredients that you can put together.

Oatmeal Cookie Protein Shake
Vanilla Protein
Oatmeal (uncooked)
1 Apple
1-2c Milk (will vary depending on how much oats you use)
1-2tbs of PB
1tbs Honey
Cinnamon
4-8 Ice Cubes
Then Blend Until Smooth.

My Shakes come out to a little over 400 Calories -- Yours will likely be 600-700 calories. *adjust according to your plan*

Hope that helps.

choose2lose420
01-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Rather than eating your oatmeal...drink it down!

Here's My Oatmeal Cookie Protein Shake. Because your Macro requirement or Limit is substantially different than mine, I'll just give you a run down of the ingredients that you can put together.

Oatmeal Cookie Protein Shake
Vanilla Protein
Oatmeal
1 Apple
1-2c Milk (will vary depending on how much oats you use)
1-2tbs of PB
1tbs Honey
Cinnamon
4-8 Ice Cubes
Then Blend Until Smooth.

My Shakes come out to a little over 400 Calories -- Yours will likely be 600-700 calories. *adjust according to your plan*

Hope that helps.

I'm an idiot. Why didn't I just do that. Thank.you.

TikiCabales
01-07-2014, 10:33 AM
No Prob! :)

Willnotquit
01-07-2014, 10:42 AM
I just think in my head that my body needs feeding, I generally have more motivation to eat when I am resting days after the gym, you still feel the pump and such, and it just motivates you.

Plus, if that doesn't work, I just force myself and do it the Furious Pete way, chew and swallow with water, not the best texture, but as long as it's in your body.

Also, taking a being dump in the morning helps.

meschc4
01-07-2014, 12:34 PM
As stated eat fattier foods like peanut butter sandwiches and different kinds of nuts.

sitsonCHROME
01-07-2014, 12:35 PM
I like this post its a question ive wondered myself. The OP and I have very similiar height/weight so i see where ur coming from with "holy **** thats a lot of food". It feels like im constantly eating and im still only gaining weight rather slowly. I guess that means most of what im gaining is muscle but id still like to gain faster. And its like as i gain weight and am more active in the spring/summer ill have to eat even more. I like eating its never been a problem in the past but these days i eat a lot healthier.

The ways I try to eat enough is by adding high calorie foods like milk, nuts, fruits, making epic shakes with tons of sutff in them and by eating right when i wake up, constatly throughout the day right up until bed time. Yes im eating when im not hungry too. Must have a lot to do with the fact that im intense in the gym, crush those weights.

Cronos1247
01-07-2014, 01:06 PM
As mentioned, I just throw whatever sounds good in my blender and is high calorie. Mostly normal stuff...oats, pb, bananas, frozen strawberries, whey and kale has been my go to lately.

shesprints
01-07-2014, 01:34 PM
With caution... the alot may become angry.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TTPQCPA6I/AAAAAAAACwA/ZHZH-Bi8OmI/s400/ALOT2.png

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html