PDA

View Full Version : What worked for you?

MikeTheBiceps
01-07-2014, 03:45 AM
The nutrition information over the years change alot and i cannot keep track any more of what is outdated and what is debunked. But it doesn't mether aslong as it works for you. Thats why i was wondering what nutrition approach worked for you? You can list it here i would love to know and read in to it.

InItForFitness
01-07-2014, 03:52 AM
Composing a rational diet, primarily from whole food sources, and refusing to exclude individual foods/food groups/ingredients simply because the mass media advocates them as "UNHEALTHY".

Focus on meeting calorie/macronutrient goals, eat with some common sense, and make sure nutrition is a passion/hobby...but not an obsession.

If you're looking to read into it further here is a great thread on the subject ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471

MikeTheBiceps
01-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Composing a rational diet, primarily from whole food sources, and refusing to exclude individual foods/food groups/ingredients simply because the mass media advocates them as "UNHEALTHY".

Focus on meeting calorie/macronutrient goals, eat with some common sense, and make sure nutrition is a passion/hobby...but not an obsession.

If you're looking to read into it further here is a great thread on the subject ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471

Already read it :D but i was also wondering why not go for macro dense food (''healthy'') in IIFYM, i mean doesn't that make it better then poping anything you want in there? And whats your intake on foods with load of sodium?

InItForFitness
01-07-2014, 04:07 AM
Already read it :D but i was also wondering why not go for macro dense food (''healthy'') in IIFYM, i mean doesn't that make it better then poping anything you want in there? And whats your intake on foods with load of sodium?

Did you read my post?
Not trying to be a douchebag here but...

My first sentence specifically says "Composing a rational diet, primarily from whole food sources...", meaning I compose the majority of my diet (90-95% of total intake) from nutrient rich, whole food sources or what would be classified as "healthy" by the general public.

Red meats, poultry, fish, veggies, fruit, lots of complex sources of carbohydrates.

"IIFYM" DOES NOT MEAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT (also stated specifically in the link I provided), however it is commonly misconstrued as such. (which is why this silly acronym really should be disregarded entirely)

In regards to sodium intake, well all I can offer is personal opinion (haven't really done much research in regards to health effects, etc. although I do believe there isn't much out there showing negative effects of such).

I don't see a reason to be consciously avoiding foods high in sodium content, but that's just my opinion and everyone can base their own conclusion on what's worked best for them.

MikeTheBiceps
01-07-2014, 04:16 AM
Did you read my post?
Not trying to be a douchebag here but...

My first sentence specifically says "Composing a rational diet, primarily from whole food sources...", meaning I compose the majority of my diet (90-95% of total intake) from nutrient rich, whole food sources or what would be classified as "healthy" by the general public.

Red meats, poultry, fish, veggies, fruit, lots of complex sources of carbohydrates.

"IIFYM" DOES NOT MEAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT (also stated specifically in the link I provided), however it is commonly misconstrued as such. (which is why this silly acronym really should be disregarded entirely)

In regards to sodium intake, well all I can offer is personal opinion (haven't really done much research in regards to health effects, etc. although I do believe there isn't much out there showing negative effects of such).

I don't see a reason to be consciously avoiding foods high in sodium content, but that's just my opinion and everyone can base their own conclusion on what's worked best for them.

Thanks, i wasn't realy talking about you saying that eat whatever you want. Sorry if i made it look that way, it was not my intension. But want i ment to say was: i see loads of people just eating crap and saying as long as it fits my macro's. I mean whats your intake on that, i do not beleave it or atleast what to beleave that it works that way. I mean IIFYM is new to me, i start reading about it like half year ago.

About the sodium, i read something about bloodpesure and that it hold water. Thats why i wanted to know if that is still the case or is it out dated?

InItForFitness
01-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Thanks, i wasn't realy talking about you saying that eat whatever you want. Sorry if i made it look that way, it was not my intension. But want i ment to say was: i see loads of people just eating crap and saying as long as it fits my macro's. I mean whats your intake on that, i do not beleave it or atleast what to beleave that it works that way. I mean IIFYM is new to me, i start reading about it like half year ago.

About the sodium, i read something about bloodpesure and that it hold water. Thats why i wanted to know if that is still the case or is it out dated?

No worries, I just misinterpreted what you were saying, should have known it was more in regards to the general lifting population. Although if you talk to anyone who's been following "IIFYM" correctly (I'd prefer to say 'Flexible Dieting') they will basically say the same thing me and you have both said in regards to the topic, that people should be focusing on whole foods that are nutrient rich to be meeting their calorie/macronutrient goals.

The people you're referring to are doing it wrong :p

My opinion on that...you're absolutely right. These people are misinformed and simply using "IIFYM" as an excuse to be lazy, whether because they don't want to get off their ass and cook some food or simply because they have no self control in regards to certain food items and want to use "IIFYM" as a crutch to pack in 12 fudge cakes a day.

I'll do some researching into the sodium thing and come back with a more intellectually composed answer for you :)