PDA

View Full Version : Should I mini cut??

Tomzazo
01-05-2014, 08:48 AM
So I've been bulking since October and I've noticed some muscle gains, but there have also been gains of fat, sadly... I'm at 18.5% bf at the moment, and I'm starting to get love handles. Would it be worth it to cut for 6 weeks and then continue with a lean bulk?

devilsrule61287
01-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Do mini cuts actually work? I myself considered it but I'm afraid its a recipe for spinning my wheels (since I'm sure that, of the 15 lbs I've gained on my bulk, more than I would like is actually fat weight, meaning I will look the same as i did before after I spend 6 weeks cutting)

mdustinfitness
01-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Do mini cuts actually work? I myself considered it but I'm afraid its a recipe for spinning my wheels (since I'm sure that, of the 15 lbs I've gained on my bulk, more than I would like is actually fat weight, meaning I will look the same as i did before after I spend 6 weeks cutting)

This is what's happened in my experience. Spun my wheels going from 12% or so up to 16/17%, freaking out, then mini-cutting. Ended up not getting any stronger in the long run, and only gaining maybe 1-2lbs of muscle over about 8 months. Just pick one and stick with it.

Although, and this may not be what you were asking but it's useful, at lower bodyfat levels your body can optimize it's hormones and insulin sensitivity better, so with proper diet you should have an easier time making lean gains.

Tommy W.
01-05-2014, 09:35 AM
So I've been bulking since October and I've noticed some muscle gains, but there have also been gains of fat, sadly... I'm at 18.5% bf at the moment, and I'm starting to get love handles. Would it be worth it to cut for 6 weeks and then continue with a lean bulk? 6 weeks is fine but you may want to figure a week for every lb. of fat you want to lose. I'd get down to 12%. Just git er done! after that THEN concentrate on putting on mass and not before. Stay below 15% at all times after that.

Tomzazo
01-05-2014, 09:40 AM
6 weeks is fine but you may want to figure a week for every lb. of fat you want to lose. I'd get down to 12%. Just git er done! after that THEN concentrate on putting on mass and not before. Stay below 15% at all times after that.

Thanks for the advice! Yea this was my first time bulking and in the beginning it kind of was a dirty bulk. I'll cut to 12% and continue with a clean bulk after that!

Serpentarius
01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
18% is pretty fat, cut to about 10% and dont get over 13%

Tommy W.
01-05-2014, 10:05 AM
18% is pretty fat, cut to about 10% and dont get over 13%

. I'd get down to 12%. Just git er done! after that THEN concentrate on putting on mass and not before. Stay below 15% at all times after that.

So there you have it. Cut to 11% and don't go over 14%