PDA

View Full Version : Sodium Avoidance?

EyesoftheMaker
01-02-2014, 07:25 PM
How much do you concern yourself with sodium? Used to avoid it on keto when I wanted to weigh less the next day.

Cottage cheese, deli meat, cheese, seasonings--that taste good, beef jerky. I know there are ways to avoid it, but these are staples in my eating plan.

I drink a ton of water to wash a lot of it out.

Just curious.

I apologize in advance if this question is stupid, annoys you, in the stickies, or makes me look like a troll.

TheParalyzer
01-02-2014, 07:57 PM
no fux given about sodium

beastlymandude
01-03-2014, 05:47 AM
If you're a healthy individual, i.e. you don't have high blood pressure, you shouldn't worry about sodium

SuffolkPunch
01-03-2014, 06:01 AM
It only affects water retention - this is only a problem if you worry what the scales will read. If you know it's just water, you can relax about it.

AnderzMan
01-03-2014, 06:56 AM
I don't worry about Sodium, if you drink enough fluids it won't affect you at all.

ironwill2008
01-03-2014, 07:09 AM
How much do you concern yourself with sodium? Used to avoid it on keto when I wanted to weigh less the next day.

Cottage cheese, deli meat, cheese, seasonings--that taste good, beef jerky. I know there are ways to avoid it, but these are staples in my eating plan.

I drink a ton of water to wash a lot of it out.

Just curious.

I apologize in advance if this question is stupid, annoys you, in the stickies, or makes me look like a troll.

Simply do this:

*Eat some potassium-rich foods every day; it's easy, as K is found in just about everything that tastes good, such as potatoes, bananas, beans, raisins, spinach, salmon, etc., etc., etc.

*Salt your food to taste.

*Drink enough water to stay a little bit ahead of thirst all day.

*Your body will take care of everything else.

Keep in mind that adequate sodium intake is essential, not optional. Without it, you'd fold up like a lawn chair.