PDA

View Full Version : activity factor

choose2lose420
12-31-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm 6.1, 175lb, I'm using iifym.com to calculate my macros and I'm doing all pros
so I put my excersise level at 5 times per week putting my TDEE at 2712
Also I'm clean bulking so I'm going to be eating 3012 cals/day.
im wondering if my exercise level is correct at 5 days since I will be doing all pros mon/wed/fri and the recommended cardio/abs duting off days which I assume is tues/thurs.
also do these macros make sense for me:
413/175/70 C/P/F and fiber is 35-44
thanks in advance.

AlwaysTryin
12-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Few things

Pick any activity factor as it doesn't matter. It's only to give you an estimate so you can adjust based on real results!!

Only ~35g of fibre in over 400g of carbs? What you eating, candy?

choose2lose420
01-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Few things

Pick any activity factor as it doesn't matter. It's only to give you an estimate so you can adjust based on real results!!

Only ~35g of fibre in over 400g of carbs? What you eating, candy?

Lmao no I haven't eatin candy in years I dunno that's just the numbers that iifym spit out.
is that incorrect?

PuTangSlayer
01-01-2014, 10:58 AM
All of that is a rough estimate. Trial error until you figure your body out. Clean bulk I like to go up .5 weekly on scale or maybe 1lb. If you aren't moving up adjust to it.

choose2lose420
01-01-2014, 01:09 PM
All of that is a rough estimate. Trial error until you figure your body out. Clean bulk I like to go up .5 weekly on scale or maybe 1lb. If you aren't moving up adjust to it.

I understand but what did alwaystryin mean when he spoke about fiber vs carbs.

EjnarKolinkar
01-01-2014, 01:20 PM
I understand but what did alwaystryin mean when he spoke about fiber vs carbs.

Don't panic, your macros look like a good starting point. You can make adjustments based on results. He just meant many people get more fiber from 400g carbs consumed.

If you find you want a little more fat or protein you can always replace some carbs with fats or proteins. Be a little flexible. Test what works best for you.

choose2lose420
01-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Don't panic, your macros look like a good starting point. You can make adjustments based on results. He just meant many people get more fiber from 400g carbs consumed.

If you find you want a little more fat or protein you can always replace some carbs with fats or proteins. Be a little flexible. Test what works best for you.

Alright thanks, how would the ratio be? Like how many carbs would I replace with fat ect.

AlwaysTryin
01-01-2014, 02:08 PM

This is what I meant. That I'd expect more than 35g from 400g + of carbs

choose2lose420
01-03-2014, 12:04 PM
This is what I meant. That I'd expect more than 35g from 400g + of carbs

i see. well what would be ideal for me?
i'm 21, 6,1 and 175 lb.
i'm not 100% sure on how to adjust and switch fat/carbs ect for eachother.

ninealiases
01-03-2014, 01:41 PM
My dilemma as well. Not to hijack the thread, but I'm overweight and I'm using said site to calculate my macros. Based off the nutrition macro calculation sticky, the Mifflin-St Jeor & Harris-Benedict methods aren't ideal when it comes to figuring out my macros since they over exaggerate the results. If I apply the 20% cut then I'm looking at 2381.6 macros to take in everyday. But should I trust this number since both methods mention above may not be my true macros? Am I over thinking this?

AlwaysTryin
01-03-2014, 03:24 PM
My dilemma as well. Not to hijack the thread, but I'm overweight and I'm using said site to calculate my macros. Based off the nutrition macro calculation sticky, the Mifflin-St Jeor & Harris-Benedict methods aren't ideal when it comes to figuring out my macros since they over exaggerate the results. If I apply the 20% cut then I'm looking at 2381.6 macros to take in everyday. But should I trust this number since both methods mention above may not be my true macros? Am I over thinking this?

Yes you're severely overthinking it

The formulas only provide an estimate if you can't decide on a random number yourself. Pick a number to intake, monitor for a few weeks and adjust as required

choose2lose420
01-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Should I not be taking in 413 gs of carbs? Is it ok to lower to 300 or something?
or do I just up fiber intake?

MrBillson
01-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Should I not be taking in 413 gs of carbs? Is it ok to lower to 300 or something?
or do I just up fiber intake?

No one's saying you need more fibre, it's just likely that on 400g of carbs you will take in more than that without even trying.

You can replace some car with fats or protein if you fancy it. The amount really doesn't matter. Just depends how you feel most comfortable.

choose2lose420
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
No one's saying you need more fibre, it's just likely that on 400g of carbs you will take in more than that without even trying.

You can replace some car with fats or protein if you fancy it. The amount really doesn't matter. Just depends how you feel most comfortable.

Just don't want to gain unnecessary fat haha.