PDA

View Full Version : Starting a cut

JSAFitness
12-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone, Im currently ready to start cutting after my weightloss journey of 6 stone in 13 months. I feel so good at the minute with my progress but now I want to define more muscle and cut up. Please help me on my diet here. Below I worked out my macros from the calorie and macro stickie. I cant seem to hit my macros so any advice is welcome. MY NORMAL DAILY EATING ROUTINE IS ATTACHED ALONG WITH A BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURE SO FAR.

MY STATS
Bf: unknow exact (18-20%)
Weight: 221 lbs (100kg)
BMR: 2040
Activity level: 1.6-1.7 (2 lifting days/3 lifting days with cardio/1day cardio/1day rest)
Maintenance Cals: 2987 (cut -20% 2387) (bulk +20% 3584)

Protein: 1g x 221 lbs = 221g (884 cals)
Fat: 0.5 x 221 lbs = 110.5g (994.5 cals)
Carbs: 2387 - (884+994.5)=509/4 = 127.25g

P: 221g
F: 88.4g
C: 127.25g

Any help fully appreciated

dgrierms
12-19-2013, 01:06 PM
0.5*221 = 110.5*9 = 995cals

JSAFitness
12-19-2013, 01:07 PM
0.5*221 = 110.5*9 = 995cals

my bad, nightmare haha bad calculations

JSAFitness
12-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Bump

jbu22
12-22-2013, 07:08 AM
if 2900 is your tdee then your calories are too low. it's gives you a higher chance of losing muscle

Former300lber
12-22-2013, 08:26 AM
if 2900 is your tdee then your calories are too low. it's gives you a higher chance of losing muscle

No, if OP hit's his protein, and continue's to lift the only downside of a huge deficit would be energy level's, don't be so naive. It is a lot harder to lose dry muscle mass then the bodybuilding world would have you believe.

Larger deficit = Quicker results, however more of a risk of bingeing, if you have the experience and the will power to cut on such a deficit, then go for it.

JSAFitness
12-22-2013, 09:24 AM
No, if OP hit's his protein, and continue's to lift the only downside of a huge deficit would be energy level's, don't be so naive. It is a lot harder to lose dry muscle mass then the bodybuilding world would have you believe.

Larger deficit = Quicker results, however more of a risk of bingeing, if you have the experience and the will power to cut on such a deficit, then go for it.

Thanks man

sa7soon
12-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Don't mean to hijack, but OP seems to have had his question answered

So if I were to go on a PSMF with a little more fat in the diet (no choice, food I am given is fried) that would be fine? It would be a grand total of 1,000-1,100 cals.. 205g P/30g F

That being said, is the only difference between a PSMF and a Ketogenic diet the amount of fat intake?
How would such a low fat intake affect hormone production, mood, long term satiety?
Why does Lyle advocated up to 6 weeks of that hellish low fat diet for overweight individuals (with 2 cheat meals/week, 0 refeeds)

If the fat intake is too high for a PSMF, would a Ketogenic diet be more beneficial in this scenario?

Former300lber
12-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Don't mean to hijack, but OP seems to have had his question answered

So if I were to go on a PSMF with a little more fat in the diet (no choice, food I am given is fried) that would be fine? It would be a grand total of 1,000-1,100 cals.. 205g P/30g F

That being said, is the only difference between a PSMF and a Ketogenic diet the amount of fat intake?
How would such a low fat intake affect hormone production, mood, long term satiety?
Why does Lyle advocated up to 6 weeks of that hellish low fat diet for overweight individuals (with 2 cheat meals/week, 0 refeeds)

If the fat intake is too high for a PSMF, would a Ketogenic diet be more beneficial in this scenario?

PSMF is a diet where your body convert's protein for energy through gluconeogensis and of course bodyfat, a Keto diet is where your body get's it's fuel source from dietary fat and of course bodyfat, the difference between the 2 is that a PSMF diet is a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) whereas a Keto diet isn't necessarily low calorie's, it's just has minimal carb's in it.

I would never recommend a PSMF diet for somebody like you, slow and steady my friend, although PSMF does work, it's not sustainable for a long period of time, and will probably lead to binge eating, erasing any progress you've made, 9 time's out of 10 this is what happens, I've only ever used PSMF to get to single digit's, and for weigh ins, every time I feel like death and rebound rate after.

Like I said, just keep it slow and steady, make sure to get your protein in, and continue to lift heavy, your overall health should be your main priority over losing a few lbs faster then you normally would.

sa7soon
12-22-2013, 12:20 PM
PSMF is a diet where your body convert's protein for energy through gluconeogensis and of course bodyfat, a Keto diet is where your body get's it's fuel source from dietary fat and of course bodyfat, the difference between the 2 is that a PSMF diet is a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) whereas a Keto diet isn't necessarily low calorie's, it's just has minimal carb's in it.

I would never recommend a PSMF diet for somebody like you, slow and steady my friend, although PSMF does work, it's not sustainable for a long period of time, and will probably lead to binge eating, erasing any progress you've made, 9 time's out of 10 this is what happens, I've only ever used PSMF to get to single digit's, and for weigh ins, every time I feel like death and rebound rate after.

Like I said, just keep it slow and steady, make sure to get your protein in, and continue to lift heavy, your overall health should be your main priority over losing a few lbs faster then you normally would.

Fair enough. Been cutting for 13 months now, just getting antsy to start bulking lol.

Thanks for the info! :D

EDIT: Reps when you're off spread.