PDA

View Full Version : What Does Michael Beasley Bring To The Heat?

FAH_Q
12-11-2013, 12:07 PM
I dont know shyt about X's and O's of basketball. Assuming if Michael Beasley continues to play well what does he bring to the Heat that they did not have last year. More specifically how will he help them in the playoffs against a team like the Pacers for example?

lee4
12-11-2013, 12:12 PM
http://cdn.instructables.com/FSJ/83D8/FT7PVM9G/FSJ83D8FT7PVM9G.LARGE.jpg

FmrD3LB
12-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Hibbert and George get the publicity, but in all honesty, nobody wants to be on the blocks with this guy.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vijjug.jpg

niknguyen
12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Hibbert and George get the publicity, but in all honesty, nobody wants to be on the blocks with this guy.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vijjug.jpg

midrange beast. his 18ft jumper is silky smooth and pretty much automatic

i honestly think hibbert is only great vs. the heat. srs.

FmrD3LB
12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
midrange beast. his 18ft jumper is silky smooth and pretty much automatic

He is just an absolute monster. And yes, his midrange jumper is super sweet.

Backus21
12-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Beasley is a gifted scorer. Dude was the #2 pick because of his potential to be an all around scorer but his attitude has gotten in the way of it. The heat brought him in thinking wade/Lebron can keep him in check mentally. Last postseason we witnessed Lebron literally carry the heat without a consistent second option. Every game had a different guy that had to step up and be the #2 behind Lebron because Wade was injured and bosh was inconsistent. Beasley can be that second option come postseason time if his head is right.

FGCHENG
12-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Nothing but taking away minutes from Lebron James. Miami need intangible guys like Mike Miller who can actually do some damage come playoffs and spread the floor. Beasley is there to simply give Lebron more rest. If Miami plays both Beasley and Lebron at the same time against Pacers, they are gonna get crushed.

Beasley is a gifted scorer. Dude was the #2 pick because of his potential to be an all around scorer but his attitude has gotten in the way of it. The heat brought him in thinking wade/Lebron can keep him in check mentally. Last postseason we witnessed Lebron literally carry the heat without a consistent second option. Every game had a different guy that had to step up and be the #2 behind Lebron because Wade was injured and bosh was inconsistent. Beasley can be that second option come postseason time if his head is right.

Lol... Beasley will never ever be a 2nd option in a team that consist of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Never.

FAH_Q
12-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Nothing but taking away minutes from Lebron James. Miami need intangible guys like Mike Miller who can actually do some damage come playoffs and spread the floor. Beasley is there to simply give Lebron more rest. If Miami plays both Beasley and Lebron at the same time against Pacers, they are gonna get crushed.

Lol... Beasley will never ever be a 2nd option in a team that consist of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Never.
Why can't Beasley be on the floor with Lebron?

FGCHENG
12-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Why can't Beasley be on the floor with Lebron?

He plays the same position as Lebron. He doesn't exactly have size, and he doesn't spread the floor. If you watched Miami's games during the playoffs last season. One of their main strength was their ability to spread the floor with great shooters. This allowed James and Wade room to penetrate and have the option to dish out the ball if defenders crowded the paint.

If he's in the game with Lebron, he will most likely be guarded by guys like David West, and that's gonna be trouble for the Heat.

FAH_Q
12-11-2013, 12:54 PM
He plays the same position as Lebron. He doesn't exactly have size, and he doesn't spread the floor. If you watched Miami's game during the playoffs last season. One of their main strength was their ability to spread the floor with great shooters. This allowed James and Wade room to penetrate and have the option to dish out the ball if defenders crowded the paint.
Didn't know that. I just assumed with Lebrons flexibility as a player that he and Beasley could find a way to get on the court together. That kind of sucks. Still could be a pretty big benefit in the playoffs if he can step in and make some plays while LBJ is on the bench. Could also help keep LBJ fresher.

FGCHENG
12-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Didn't know that. I just assumed with Lebrons flexibility as a player that he and Beasley could find a way to get on the court together. That kind of sucks. Still could be a pretty big benefit in the playoffs if he can step in and make some plays while LBJ is on the bench. Could also help keep LBJ fresher.

That's pretty much the only positive for having Beasley.. allowing James to rest.

AKA taking away minutes from Lebron.

krogtaar
12-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Keep Lebron's knees warm when he's resting on the bench

Backus21
12-11-2013, 01:01 PM

Wut? Beasley has proven he can catch fire and be a great scorer on some nights. I'm not saying he's going to be the #2 guy behind Lebron the whole postseason but on a few nights? Definitely. Ray Allen, Battier, miller, cole, Chalmers, hell even Birdman have came up big on some postseason games. Beasley can do that.

FGCHENG
12-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Wut? Beasley has proven he can catch fire and be a great scorer on some nights. I'm not saying he's going to be the #2 guy behind Lebron the whole postseason but on a few nights? Definitely. Ray Allen, Battier, miller, cole, Chalmers, hell even Birdman have came up big on some postseason games. Beasley can do that.

Read your original post again. You said Beasley had the potential to be a #2 option if his head is right. You talked about consistency, and that every player aside from Lebron was consistent. Now you say it's alright if Beasley does well a couple times in the post season? Sure Beasley can do that, but that's not consistency.

Beasley doesn't have the intangibles needed to win big games. He's the perfect player for an average team because he can potentially take over games. But on a team with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. They don't need THAT from Beasley. Miami needs guys like Mike Miller, Ray Allen, etc... They also need Size.

441Forty
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
A couple o's of that green tobacco, some zig zag's, a couple lighters... Idk

FryDude
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Streaky shooting off the bench. It's good to have someone like that in your 2nd unit.

kevsom24
12-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Keep Lebron's knees warm when he's resting on the bench

dat rub

http://i.imgur.com/tVdHg.gif

Backus21
12-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Read your original post again. You said Beasley had the potential to be a #2 option if his head is right. You talked about consistency, and that every player aside from Lebron was consistent. Now you say it's alright if Beasley does well a couple times in the post season? Sure Beasley can do that, but that's not consistency.

Beasley doesn't have the intangibles needed to win big games. He's the perfect player for an average team because he can potentially take over games. But on a team with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. They don't need THAT from Beasley. Miami needs guys like Mike Miller, Ray Allen, etc... They also need Size.

I'll give you that my post didn't reflect my original thought. I think Beasley can be a consistent threat throughout the postseason. Not number 2 every night but a consistent guy

Woogiefied
12-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Didn't read the thread and sure it was posted already but the correct answer is...weed?

SRSmiscerIZsrs
12-11-2013, 01:30 PM
http://cdn.instructables.com/FSJ/83D8/FT7PVM9G/FSJ83D8FT7PVM9G.LARGE.jpg

/thread

waytoodeep03
12-11-2013, 01:38 PM
dat rub

http://i.imgur.com/tVdHg.gif

this is the most awkward gif ever

cashinout
12-11-2013, 02:22 PM
he can score lots of points in a very little time frame (good for when your offense is struggling but your D is good)

he's pretty beast at rebounding too this year

FAH_Q
12-11-2013, 02:36 PM
he can score lots of points in a very little time frame (good for when your offense is struggling but your D is good)

he's pretty beast at rebounding too this year
That is another thing the Heat could definitely use

TheJimmyRustler
12-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Being a Beasley, it's weird seeing or hearing my name in other places, in regards to sports most of all.

Also ironic that Beasleys in America that are in sports, and my bro's always joked I'm a black man in a white man's body (love black chicks, big butts and legs, chicken and watermelon - no racial)

Need to head over to America and hang out with the real Beasleys, my real family.

BENTLEY1
12-11-2013, 03:18 PM
A 20 sack and a philly?

drock2190
12-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Is Beasley balding?

I swear I was playing 2k and it looked like he had a thining crown. So did Deron Williams.

Can anyone confirm?

PureCardio
12-11-2013, 03:26 PM

I agree with this. I think Beasley is a regular season rotation player who can come in and spark the offense, especially since Wade is taking games off. I don't expect him to play much in the playoffs.

It's much more of a reflection of just how inflexible Beasley is. He is a tweener that never made the transition to the 3 or 4, so he's simply just a scorer that slots at either position in the second unit. Unfortunately he's not good off of the ball, so he is relegated to attacking the defense when it's out of position and rebounding, that's pretty much it.

FGCHENG
05-19-2014, 02:12 PM
bump. where is this beasly?

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Another classic case of people who hate the Heat acting like every bench scrub they have deserves 25 minutes a game and 6th man of the year and a hall of fame bid.

Heat hater agenda points

-LeBron is overrated
-DWade could win the chip by himself
-Chris Bosh would average 30 and 12 by himself
-Michael Beasley could put up 20 and 10
-Ray Allen is the greatest shooter of all time and is a phenomenal 6th man
-Shane Battier shuts down everyone
-Birdman best energy guy in the league
-Norris Cole is a young Allen Iverson
-Mario Chalmers ...... actually I don't think even haters see redeeming qualities in Chalmers
-Spo invented smallball
-James Jones 3 point champ
-Greg Oden best big man in the league when healthy

YWOC
05-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Another classic case of people who hate the Heat acting like every bench scrub they have deserves 25 minutes a game and 6th man of the year and a hall of fame bid.

Heat hater agenda points

-LeBron is overrated
-Mario Chalmers ...... actually I don't think even haters see redeeming qualities in Chalmers
-Spo invented smallball

WTF are you even rambling about

BatteryBro42
05-19-2014, 03:33 PM
For the life of me I don't understand, why in the hell they are so damn pleased with Rashard mother ****ing Lewis. Good lord Jesus you mean to tell me this decrepit mummy of a All Star is better than Beasley, says a lot about where Beasley's game must be.

Give me 5 minutes of Beasley, he is the ultimate lazy player, see what he can do on the big stage, he may just suprise everybody

MCrow
05-19-2014, 03:48 PM
OP, Beasley has 6 fouls and that is his value.

J1992
05-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Another classic case of people who hate LeBron acting like every bench scrub they have deserves 25 minutes a game and 6th man of the year and a hall of fame bid.

LeBron hater agenda points

-LeBron is overrated
-Spo invented smallball

Fixed.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Fixed.

Same difference lol

FGCHENG
06-12-2014, 11:01 PM
What happened to Beasely? Heat got nothing to lose, they should play him.