PDA

View Full Version : Eat before the gym?

Tonka8
12-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi all just wondering should I eat before the gym around hour or two before going I've been told mix answers so thought I'd asked you guys I'm trying to drop my weight but also give my best when I'm doing weights so shall keep doing what I'm doing now?

WonderPug
12-10-2013, 12:55 PM
If eating helps your performance and you're hungry then yes. Otherwise, no.

Nyrin
12-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Losing weight is going to be all about your net calorie balance. If you eat before the gym, you'll need to eat less later on to meet your daily deficit goals.

Some people swear by fasted training and some people would metaphorically melt away without some food in their stomachs; it's ultimately up to you to decide what lets you meet your diet and training goals.

If you do work out fasted, having a meal relatively soon after training would likely be helpful.

Tonka8
12-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys dunno what's best my main goal is drop my weight as I wanna do it as fast but as safe as possible but still wanna get the best out my weight sessions so shall I go oats with my shake or leave my oats or both as I do my cardio before my session and also after ?
What's your thoughts

DjOnEChuck
12-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Like other said, it's about calories in vs calories out. So just spread your calories throughout the day in the way that will give you the best results in the gym. Just try different things and see what works best. (When you try something new, do it a few times to have a better idea)

For me, I know I need to eat before working out. I hate feeling hungry and sluggish. So I'm timing my pre-workout meal in function of my workout. Some like to have a big meal at night, go to bed and straight to the gym when they wake up in a fasted state. There's no perfect recipe, it's all about personnal preference.

Good luck with your goals!

Tonka8
12-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks!! yeah just going to keep to what I'm doing then see how I go just hear a lot go on about do cardio on empty stomach that I understand but when you do weights together it's hard to train as hard without carbs and plus more beneficial due to work if I do my workouts together!!!

Thankyou