PDA

View Full Version : Taking a step back from bulking?

BarackOGanja
12-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well!

I'm a 21 year old amateur bodybuilder from Belgium, and I've been training off and on for about 4 years now. I have been getting some decent results (read noob gains) over the last few years, but only a few months ago have i started taking it seriously. My goal is to pack on size, a lot, while still retaining a 'decent' midsection and make some nice strength gains too.

I have been dirty bulking for a few months now, about 2 or 3. I'm eating a 4000-4500kcal diet consisting mostly of bread, red meats, rice, pizza, cheeseburgers, french fries (gotta love belgium), ... The thing is my midsection has been getting bloated that it's not even pretty to look at anymore. I also supplement with creatine, fish oil, multivitamins, and I make sure I drink at least 5-6l of water a day.

Now, my question to you lovely folk: how would taking a step back from bulking affect my gains overall? I have been seeing mad strength gains over the last few months, and I am far from reaching my goal (I weigh in at 83kg = 182lbs and my goal is at least 88kg before i start cutting), but the bloated midsection is something me and my girlfriend arent too fond of.. Would the pounds I gained over the last few months be packed on easier if I cut down for a month now and bulk back up afterwards?

Thanks so much for your help and advice

sharpieblet
12-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Strength doesn't correlate to size gains instantly. It takes a loss time to add pure muscle. You are likely gaining a lot of fat at this rate. Don't be fooled, just bc your lifts are going up fast doesn't mean your gaining muscle at a faster rate than someone who gains only 2-3 lbs a month.

Slow it down now or you will find out later how much fat you really ARE gaining...