PDA

View Full Version : why not more love for Andre Johnson???

svtballa
12-06-2013, 07:25 AM
The guy has done nothing but produce his entire career with Awful QBS while being on a run first team...Just last night he tied Jerry Rices record for most games with at least 10 catches and 150 yards...All he needs is 2400 more yards to be 5th all time and around 200 more receptions would put him at #2 or 3 all time depending on Reggie Wayne.....those #s are easily attainable. People make to big of a deal with his TD totals...The guy played for a Run first team arguably his whole career...Moss/Owens/Calvin/Fitz/Wayne/Harrison/Holt/Bruce ect all played on a throw first team the majority of there careers...AJ needs more respect around here

Howiester
12-06-2013, 07:38 AM
He's played on bad teams and has no charisma, therefore, he doesn't get the exposure of those other receivers.

SearsBrah
12-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Because he's my on my opponent's team this week, first week of playoffs, in a PPR league, and he had like 13 catches last night. FUUUUUUUUU

chlaxman
12-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Pretty much everyone here respects the hell out of Andre...

Dave P
12-06-2013, 07:48 AM
He has the voice of a mongoloid.

Kinda like Orakpo and Luck

waytoodeep03
12-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Pretty much everyone here respects the hell out of Andre...

This but outside of sports forums and Houston no one really follows the Texans or even knows who is on the team. SRS

chlaxman
12-06-2013, 07:50 AM
He has the voice of a mongoloid.

Wacist

BENTLEY1
12-06-2013, 07:51 AM
I dnt see any hate on aj here.
He may not get the exposure as a megatron but definitely an elite wr for sure.
Played him in ff n he hooked it up last night.

DA_MOSS
12-06-2013, 08:01 AM
I always knew he put up consistent numbers, but had no idea how good his numbers actually were until last night..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/06/andre-johnson-continues-his-assault-on-the-record-books/

He's up there with some legends.. Definitely underrated IMO

neighborr
12-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Just probably due to the fact that he plays on the chitty texans.

Dude is a stud. Always enjoyed watching him since he was a Hurricane

STA1011
12-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Averages more than 6 catches per game throughout his career. Highest all time. Come at The U

Beliedat
12-06-2013, 08:28 AM
He's a boring guy, but one of the best ever at his position (srs). I love his game, dude is quiet and grinds.

svtballa
12-06-2013, 10:41 AM
I always knew he put up consistent numbers, but had no idea how good his numbers actually were until last night..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/06/andre-johnson-continues-his-assault-on-the-record-books/

He's up there with some legends.. Definitely underrated IMO

This is what I'm getting at.

Phil9
12-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Has had poverty QBs his entire career. Would have loved to see him with a good QB, even an off and on QB like what Calvin Johnson has.

jolanar1
12-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Bad or mediocre QBs and he doesn't have an ego. Guys with big mouths and egos always get more media coverage even if they suck.

lee4
12-06-2013, 03:39 PM
i absolutely love Andre's game, but let's clarify a few things.

1) his QB's have not been "awful" or "poverty", instead mediocre is more accurate. half of the league would trade their current QB for Shaub if given the chance.

2) run first teams can actually assist a receiver's numbers, as it shifts the focus of the defense permitting more quality reception opportunities than if the team were strictly a passing offense where no run defense has to be implemented. it's part of the reason why they say the run game "keeps the defense honest".

aside from that, take any given year out of the past decade-ish and i don't think anyone would not view him as a top tier receiver. simply because he's not talked about doesn't mean he's ignored. take fitz for example. he's been largely irrelevant for a couple years due to poor team play, but that doesn't mean posters here wouldn't sh*t their pants in a heartbeat if their team picked him up because everyone knows he's still a top threat surrounded by incompetency.

Ecnewyx
12-06-2013, 04:34 PM
This but outside of sports forums and Houston no one really follows the Texans or even knows who is on the team. SRS

Really? Andre Johnson has been on my top 5 receivers list for many of the past few years... I'm surprised that he's considered an unknown.

sdballer5588
12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Anyone saying his QB's were poverty is being disingenuous. Schaub was an INCREDIBLY serviceable QB. Stop being such a prisoner of the moment. This ONE SEASON they have been terrible, but it has hardly altered his production because they still throw to him all the time.

AJ was already pretty properly rated and respected by everyone.

You're also ignoring what being run first does for his numbers in a positive way. They need to prepare to stop the run, not the pass, meaning he gets more single coverage or soft zones.

I get the impression you just watched him for the first time in 2 years. You're basically the one who forgot about him.

lee4
12-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Anyone saying his QB's were poverty is being disingenuous. Schaub was an INCREDIBLY serviceable QB. Stop being such a prisoner of the moment. This ONE SEASON they have been terrible, but it has hardly altered his production because they still throw to him all the time.

AJ was already pretty properly rated and respected by everyone.

You're also ignoring what being run first does for his numbers in a positive way. They need to prepare to stop the run, not the pass, meaning he gets more single coverage or soft zones.

I get the impression you just watched him for the first time in 2 years. You're basically the one who forgot about him.

just for future reference, you're more than allowed to simply quote me with a reply reading "^^^this^^^".

;)

sdballer5588
12-06-2013, 04:54 PM
just for future reference, you're more than allowed to simply quote me with a reply reading "^^^this^^^".

;)

Did not see your post til now, but I've posted in like 8 threads, the last one was about Fitz vs AJ claiming that AJ has these awful QBs and a run first offense. Such tired arguments.

lee4
12-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Did not see your post til now, but I've posted in like 8 threads, the last one was about Fitz vs AJ claiming that AJ has these awful QBs and a run first offense. Such tired arguments.

lol, if AJ has had awful QB's, then FITZ... i don't even...

people seem to think Fitz had "prime Warner" for half of his career. it was less than TWO seasons (and people also forget Warner had been benched and released for Eli Manning when the Cards picked him up as a BACKUP). since then, he's had 100% pure and pristine sh*t.

sdballer5588
12-06-2013, 05:20 PM
lol, if AJ has had awful QB's, then FITZ... i don't even...

people seem to think Fitz had "prime Warner" for half of his career. it was less than TWO seasons (and people also forget Warner had been benched and released for Eli Manning when the Cards picked him up as a BACKUP). since then, he's had 100% pure and pristine sh*t.

Preaching to the choir.

The_Standard
12-06-2013, 05:20 PM
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/JOHNSON-CATCH.gif

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185q2ui8ilryegif/ku-xlarge.gif

http://mobilwi.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a6dde087970b01348994722a970c-500wi

DrWilliam
12-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Because he walked off the field while a game was still in progress

EvilChicken
12-07-2013, 12:50 AM
He's that quiet guy you don't wanna fuk with.

houtexans23
12-07-2013, 06:32 AM
http://mobilwi.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a6dde087970b01348994722a970c-500wi

memories :')

jkeithc82
12-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Because he walked off the field while a game was still in progress

Yeah he did that once earlier this year. Explains his entire career. :rolleyes: