PDA

View Full Version : Post workout idea: any good?

TearsOfIce
11-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Hey guys,
Today I really wanna be annoying so here's another question.
I just ordered my first quest bars so that I have a good alternative to my shake. Just wanted to ask you if this sounds like a good idea for a post workout meal in order to et enough carbs and proteins:
70 gr oats (1 bowl)
1 tbs peanut butter
1/2 tbs cocoa powder
1 questbar

Is questbar good in oatmeal? Has anyone tried it?

Gxp23
11-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Do you need the calories after your workout? If it helps you reach your daily intake go for it, other than that, I see no real benefits from it.

AlwaysTryin
11-25-2013, 01:13 AM
OP... Seriously... Another thread? More obsessive issues?

Patrickgmaris
11-25-2013, 01:15 AM
Eat what you like. IIFYM

Domicron
11-25-2013, 01:18 AM
the answer is yes, it's fine.

the follow up is: i hope you're not eating post workout because you think it offers any other benefits besides making you feel full when you feel hungry.

TearsOfIce
11-25-2013, 01:29 AM
OP... Seriously... Another thread? More obsessive issues?

Omg I just wanted to ****ing know if a damn questbar tastes good with oatmeal. Jesus Christ I really can't stand you anymore

WonderPug
11-25-2013, 03:10 AM
Why do you even bother posting questions? You've been given tons of advice on these forums only to come back, get all defensive and never listen to anyone.

Here's another one of your typical threads:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158315173

You constantly undereat and you overexercise period. I don't care if you're a tennis player and I don't want to hear your bull**** excuses about why you exercise so much. It's been said before and I'll say it again...you have serious issues when it comes to food, so smarten up and listen for once.

You don't eat enough to support the work load. You lose weight and you lose your period...it's not rocket science.

Eat more, keep a basic track of your calorie intake...problem solved.I strongly agree with your post.

AlwaysTryin
11-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Omg I just wanted to ****ing know if a damn questbar tastes good with oatmeal. Jesus Christ I really can't stand you anymoreyou actually asked if it was enough carbs and protein

Yes you tried to hide it there

TearsOfIce
11-25-2013, 03:43 AM
you actually asked if it was enough carbs and protein

Yes you tried to hide it there

No I don't give a **** about that, I know how much carbs and protein I need. You're not a genius, mate. Stop with this bull**** please

pettlan
11-25-2013, 04:03 AM
AlwaysTryin so hard to be the smartass in these forums, why dont you just **** off? Is it really that important every goddamn time to write a comment where you express your displeasure for the OP? It's so ****ing annoying when you try to be the guru here, god****ingdamnit

anyways, I agree with you though

Iceman1800
11-25-2013, 04:10 AM
@TearsofIce. Knock it off. Keep your juvenile attitude off this site.

TearsOfIce
11-25-2013, 04:28 AM

Me? EVERY SINGLE TIME I POST A ****ING THREAD SOMEONE ATTACKS ME WITHOUT A ****IG REASON AND IM ****IG TIRED. Okay?

pettlan
11-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Just read the stickies, calculate your macros and then consider whether you should add in those extra carbs to your postworkout meal. You don't actually need any carbs at all after your workout (except those times where you burn oout your glycogen stores, but thats rarely after a session of lifting), but you probably didnt knew that did you? The results will be the same, just in a different period of time

TearsOfIce
11-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Just read the stickies, calculate your macros and then consider whether you should add in those extra carbs to your postworkout meal. You don't actually need any carbs at all after your workout (except those times where you burn oout your glycogen stores, but thats rarely after a session of lifting), but you probably didnt knew that did you? The results will be the same, just in a different period of time

Of course I knew it, but that would be my postworkout after 2 hours of tennis at high level. But you probably didn't know that, did you? Anyways, I better re-write my question in a simpler way:

DO QUESTBARS AND OATMEAL TASTE GOOD TOGETHER?
Thank you.

WonderPug
11-25-2013, 06:31 AM
DO QUESTBARS AND OATMEAL TASTE GOOD TOGETHER?That's subjective.

Not everyone likes the same foods. The way to decide if something tastes good is to taste it.

kenny85
11-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Of course I knew it, but that would be my postworkout after 2 hours of tennis at high level. But you probably didn't know that, did you? Anyways, I better re-write my question in a simpler way:

DO QUESTBARS AND OATMEAL TASTE GOOD TOGETHER?
Thank you.

Wouldn't it be easy to just try it for yourself and see how you like it? Not picking on you, just that's a question only you can answer.

TearsOfIce
11-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Wouldn't it be easy to just try it for yourself and see how you like it? Not picking on you, just that's a question only you can answer.

Don't wanna waste my bars, I've only got 12 to try and then I will order them again but they don't sell them in my country

Gxp23
11-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Don't wanna waste my bars, I've only got 12 to try and then I will order them again but they don't sell them in my country

Just eat something with a similar macro profile if its hard to get a hold of them, just improvise, if memory serves correct you are Italian, so it should not be hard with all those delicious foods.

Just try a bar, if you like it, then eat it with your oatmeal, if you don't like it, try it with something that you think will make it taste better, no point wasting them, but then you will no not to waste money on them next time.

InItForFitness
11-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Me? EVERY SINGLE TIME I POST A ****ING THREAD SOMEONE ATTACKS ME WITHOUT A ****IG REASON AND IM ****IG TIRED. Okay?

Relax, deep breathes and may I suggest if a post or certain forum member upsets you that you simply disregard their post and continue on.

AT is correct though and in your initial post you did ask the question of whether this would be a good post workout meal with enough carbs and protein.
Given you also did ask if it tasted good with oatmeal as well, but he still was not wrong.
Simply word your posts better to avoid confusion.

No one is going to attack you for asking about items that go together and taste preference (even though it is highly subjective).

kenny85
11-25-2013, 07:35 AM

Gotcha.

WonderPug
11-25-2013, 07:42 AM

Me? EVERY SINGLE TIME I POST A ****ING THREAD SOMEONE ATTACKS ME WITHOUT A ****IG REASON AND IM ****IG TIRED. Okay?Please stop cursing at numerous posters who are trying to help you.

TearsOfIce
11-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Please stop cursing at numerous posters who are trying to help you.

Wonderfpug go talk to someone from your family. You surely have an eating disorder.

No it doesn't make sense.

Just wanted to know how if feels to be you.

InItForFitness
11-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Wonderfpug go talk to someone from your family. You surely have an eating disorder.

No it doesn't make sense.

Just wanted to know how if feels to be you.

You claim that you're sick and tired of certain members "harassing" you, yet you continue to respond directly to them and encourage the conversation.
If you're not going to take my advice given below than it's not your fault that you're the target.

Relax, deep breathes and may I suggest if a post or certain forum member upsets you that you simply disregard their post and continue on.