PDA

View Full Version : Spiking Insulin Gluten-Free

Cortic
11-24-2013, 06:19 PM
After the horrible experience I had last weekend eating carbs on my CKD I will be trying again this weekend however focusing on gluten free foods (to see whether that was the cause to my MAJOR gastrointestinal issues).

At this stage I plan on eating:

PWO Shake (30g Dex / 30g Malto GLUTEN FREE)

Rice Pudding (Jasmine Rice, Rice Milk, Dextrose, Vanilla Essence)

I am trying to focus mainly on high-GI carb sources (similar to CBL principles). Do people have other suggestions as to what I could eat/incorporate? I am trying to avoid Fructose (and consequently Sucrose).

Thanks in advance

cumminslifter
11-24-2013, 06:24 PM
thats all you plan on eating? what your TDEE and macros?

Cortic
11-24-2013, 06:52 PM
TDEE including my training comes out at around 2300 for maintenance (still a lightweight). Eating Keto 6.5 days of the week, limiting my protein intake to around 120g max, carbs 20g and rest comes from fat (usually 200g daily) and maintaining my bw fairly well (actually gained .5kg since starting although its not my goal). Calculated that on my carb-up night I need to injest around 300g insulin-spiking carbs to illicit the necessary hormone reaction I am looking for (leptin etc). The 2x items ive listed above have about 300g in total so I am looking for more options I guess you could say.

Just an additon I am unsure whether the Jasmine Rice/Dextrose pudding is going to have the effect on blood sugar I am looking for? While the rice itself has a GI close to 100 appaently the II is quite low?

The Running Man
11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Protein can raise insulin more than carbohydrate, and it's gluten free.