PDA

View Full Version : Cutting options

vapeescape
11-21-2013, 10:45 PM
During the past two months I have been going to the doctor to try and get trt (might not be popular around here) due to multiple symptoms. One gp, endo, urologist, and three blood tests later, they will not help me, reason being my morning test is 500 and free is 103. However two tests at about 11:00 am showed me in the 260-280 range. This has not necessarily affected my gains however anytime I try to cut with a perfect diet I start losing muscle instead of fat. Get well over 200gs protien and recently upped to 80gs fat. Still rarely see a morning wood. At any rate, it's only gettin lower when my body senses calorie restriction, so my question is how should I go about this cut. Maitnence with cardio or small deficit? Thanks for reading.

AlwaysTryin
11-21-2013, 10:50 PM
How long have you been cutting for and how low was your fat prior to increasing to 80g? Dieting and low fat will reduce levels

Even then, your levels aren't that bad

vapeescape
11-21-2013, 10:53 PM
How long have you been cutting for? Dieting and low fat will reduce levels

Even then, your levels aren't that bad

Yeah that's the thing even tho I'd prefer upper 600 it could be worse. I'm just wrapping up a bulk now I'd like to cut tho. To just get to about 11%. But every time I cut even 3-400 cals I start losing strength and muscle just seem to stay around the same bodyfat. How should I go about this without tanking my hormones.

AlwaysTryin
11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah that's the thing even tho I'd prefer upper 600 it could be worse. I'm just wrapping up a bulk now I'd like to cut tho. To just get to about 11%. But every time I cut even 3-400 cals I start losing strength and muscle just seem to stay around the same bodyfat. How should I go about this without tanking my hormones.

You said you've increased fats to 80g now. What was it before

vapeescape
11-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Well during blood tests closer to 50 or 60. Which I realize might have been part of the problem. So would I just want to cut with extra sat fat? I'm trying to go into this one smart so I don't throw away my gains.

AlwaysTryin
11-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Well during blood tests closer to 50 or 60. Which I realize might have been part of the problem. So would I just want to cut with extra sat fat? I'm trying to go into this one smart so I don't throw away my gains.

There's so many variables

Your lifting might be crap, lack of intensity and weight
Lack of sleep
Lack of calories
Lack of protein

You'd have to list it all

sa7soon
11-22-2013, 05:20 AM
Quoting InItForFitness:

CUTTING
-Calculate TDEE/MACRO needs HERE (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183)
-Eat at a 10-20% deficit
-Compose your diet of foods you enjoy that help you meet calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient needs
-Maintain your calorie level for 3-4 weeks to allow proper adjustment and then monitor your weight fluctuations weekly/bi-weekly (aim for 1lb/week weight loss) and adjust your calorie intake accordingly.
-Pair this with a proper workout program (preferably selected from the WORKOUT PROGRAMS SECTION (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)) and you’ll see results

WonderPug
11-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Increased dietary fat, increased energy intake, increased D3 (via sensible sun exposure and/or supplementation) and curing any deficiencies in zinc and magnesium are your best lifestyle options.