PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K14 NEXT GEN THREAD (vids)

MrABrown
11-15-2013, 05:28 AM
Chris Smoove's whole next gen playlist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L9wbMpIXVI&list=SPVknSjv5hAFL6W1PyspTgYzZXCIOpm0NP&index=1

first vid
_L9wbMpIXVI

now that is phucking awful if you cant customise your my player anymore.

MrABrown
11-15-2013, 05:34 AM
bump. i wonder if my white my player will still act/talk like a black/gangster/wigger

sknot1454
11-15-2013, 05:49 AM
Slightly disappointed, but the pre-rendered face models look 1000x better than last gen.

No matter how much I could customize my nostrils or cheek depth, the face still looked weird and alien like.

And yes, the My Player still seems to have one voice from what I saw in various videos on Youtube.

Harden4mvp
11-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Lol the my player sounds like drake

The Chillosopher
11-15-2013, 05:56 AM
This is classic 2k. They remove standard features just so they can say the next year "we implemented customization again". They intentionally stripped it down so they could say they added more to it next season. They've been doing this since NBA 2K.

I watched the vids before and it kind of seems really cheesy. IMO they should try and do something more unique in future games that has a little more depth/seriousness to it and isn't so cliche.

I also think that it's time they bring back 24/7 mode. People used to hate this but I think it'd be a good mode to revisit and could tie in nicely with My Career.

MrABrown
11-15-2013, 06:05 AM
onto how the characters always seem to have an attitude problem... some of the cut scenes are cool, but it all seems really predictable and generic. if you genuinely cant customise your my player, im not going to bother spilling out more money for it. just wait till 2k15 comes out

Psyren
11-15-2013, 06:10 AM
damn it's a game within a game with those cutscenes

hope we got fight scenes ala palace brawl

AirCanada
11-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Played a few games so far, PS4 came in early today. Game is fukking hnng.

I even played a few games in The Park and honestly I wasn't expecting to like the feature but it's too fukking sick.

It's basically a giant ass set of courts and you can watch all the games being played on them in real time. If you want to play you go to one of the sidelines and call next and wait for a winner or enough players to walk over and call for a game.

They have 2 on 2 half court games, 3 on 3 full-court (shrunken court so it's not quite as big as usual), and a full size 5 on 5. You can also see all the other players watching you on the sidelines while you're playing and you can taunt and chit when you win. It's actually really well done. Gonna look even cooler in a couple of weeks when people start customizing their players and making them wear different clothes. Right now literally everyone is in black sweatpants and a t-shirt.