PDA

View Full Version : Ok lost again haha plz help

Chimpos
11-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Hi ok so after the gym 2day i was talking with one of the PT's that work there he asked what i was eating daily i told him 2200 calories i have been eating around that mark he said although i have lost some weight i need to eat more "eat more to loss more" what does this mean lol can this be right surely not he told me to try to drop carbs down to 100g a day but what do i do with the rest of calories left over how can i do this i weigh 210 pounds and at 16% BF im 25 and 5'11 he said eat around 2500 ? my BMR is around 2100 im so lost again please help i thought i had it then more lost haha

rhadam
11-14-2013, 04:57 PM
First: don't listen to retarded PTs. They literally can not be trusted to tie your shoe for you.

Second, who cares what your BMR is, you need to find your TDEE. If you want to lose weight, find TDEE, subtract 20% or so calories, then hit that goal each day. Manipulating macronutrients is pointless for someone just starting out. It gets too complicated and just confuses people that don't have the education in this field to understand what's going on.

WMLifting
11-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Well your awfully close to your BMR.
Even if your sedentary (1.2) it still seems low: 2100*1.2=2520 TDEE
^Which I doubt is the case unless you don't even lift lol

How has your weight loss been weekly and monthly?

Chimpos
11-14-2013, 05:15 PM
ok thanks man my TDEE is 3442 so if i subtract 20% i'm left with 2753 it just seems like a lot to eat to lose weight lol

WMLifting
11-14-2013, 05:31 PM
ok thanks man my TDEE is 3442 so if i subtract 20% i'm left with 2753 it just seems like a lot to eat to lose weight lol
Nah it isn't believe me. I am currently bulking on that amount, but again realize I'm 80 pounds lighter. Give this (http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/) a go as well.

rhadam
11-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Why does it seem like a lot? Everyone is different man. There is no set calories that apply to the general population. What I bulk on isn't what you bulk on. The contractor that works 10 hour days has different caloric needs than the office receptionist.

respawn
11-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Why does it seem like a lot? Everyone is different man. There is no set calories that apply to the general population. What I bulk on isn't what you bulk on. The contractor that works 10 hour days has different caloric needs than the office receptionist.

THIS.

I am bulking on 2700 - 3000 calories a day and I am bigger then all of you. gaining about 1kg a week.

I guess what the PT was saying was don't eat too little as you will drop weight too fast messing with your BMR. So I am assuming he is saying eat a little bit more then the 2200 calories you mentioned you were eating so you don't lose it too fast so this is where I think he means eat more to lose more being that the weight will be easier to keep off in the long run. I am sure he has done calculations and pre medical screening for you and all of the legal paperwork correct?