PDA

View Full Version : good lunch to buy at a supermarket?

Xylo
11-14-2013, 02:55 PM
hi guys

me and my friends always drive down to the supermarket at lunch and get food there (school food is disgraceful). they do a 3 meal deal i've been getting a while but the sandwiches are really high fat and the pastas / salads are loaded in mayo as well.

was wondering if you guys had any suggestions what to buy? i kind of have to go down to the supermarket with them as it's almost tradition. i did once try making meals the night before, but i always seem to give up after a week or so.

any suggestions on healthy things to buy at the supermarket or REALLY easy meals to make the night before?

thanks brahs

DCuddies
11-14-2013, 03:02 PM
where do you live? i.e. what store are you going to?

Ideally make your own lunches at home. If you have to buy something at a supermarket typically a salad, some fruit, or sometimes you can buy a cooked chicken breast or two are going to be the most common and best options.

Xylo
11-14-2013, 03:06 PM
where do you live? i.e. what store are you going to?

Ideally make your own lunches at home. If you have to buy something at a supermarket typically a salad, some fruit, or sometimes you can buy a cooked chicken breast or two are going to be the most common and best options.

tesco in the UK

i can buy cooked chicken there in packets - would it be healthy to just eat that?

also, any super quick meal ideas?

WonderPug
11-14-2013, 03:07 PM
me and my friends always drive down to the supermarket at lunch and get food there (school food is disgraceful). they do a 3 meal deal i've been getting a while but the sandwiches are really high fat and the pastas / salads are loaded in mayo as well.This is a good thing, right?

MrBillson
11-14-2013, 03:09 PM
tesco in the UK

i can buy cooked chicken there in packets - would it be healthy to just eat that?

also, any super quick meal ideas?

Don't Tesco do a meal deal?

Get yourself a sandwich.

Xylo
11-14-2013, 03:13 PM
This is a good thing, right?

is it? i'm trying to clean bulk at the moment, wouldn't it be better to get fats through healthier forms than dressings?

Xylo
11-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Don't Tesco do a meal deal?

Get yourself a sandwich.

yeah, a 3 meal deal with sandwich, chocolate/crisps (but i get apple slices) and a drink. it's just that the sandwiches/salads/pastas are full of mayo and dressings and have a really high fat content

MrBillson
11-14-2013, 03:16 PM
yeah, a 3 meal deal with sandwich, chocolate/crisps (but i get apple slices) and a drink. it's just that the sandwiches/salads/pastas are full of mayo and dressings and have a really high fat content

What's wrong with a high fat content?

loganhart
11-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Judging by your terminology, use of the word healthy and apparent fear of fat. Please read this link and educate yourself:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

DennisR1977
11-14-2013, 06:17 PM
is it? i'm trying to clean bulk at the moment, wouldn't it be better to get fats through healthier forms than dressings?

Do you know how mayo is made?

cumminslifter
11-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Do you know how mayo is made?pure goodness

kenny85
11-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Most supermarkets have a deli where you can buy food ready to eat

Sullivan0930
11-14-2013, 06:23 PM
rotisserie chicken. 120g of protronz under $5 Walmart Neighborhood center.

ironwill2008
11-14-2013, 06:27 PM
hi guys

me and my friends always drive down to the supermarket at lunch and get food there (school food is disgraceful). they do a 3 meal deal i've been getting a while but the sandwiches are really high fat and the pastas / salads are loaded in mayo as well.

was wondering if you guys had any suggestions what to buy? i kind of have to go down to the supermarket with them as it's almost tradition. i did once try making meals the night before, but i always seem to give up after a week or so.

any suggestions on healthy things to buy at the supermarket or REALLY easy meals to make the night before?

thanks brahs

A live chicken and a loaf of bread.