PDA

View Full Version : So Knicks fans.... be honest....

nvrstopworking
11-14-2013, 12:20 AM
If you could go back in time would you have given Lin a contract to keep him in NYK?

Kid took a TON of heat from people here (and pretty much everywhere TBH)... but he seems to be doing his best to shut the haters up. His game's improved since last season. The TOs are still a problem and his D could improve but his offense is wet and he still haz dat court vision.

ShweezyBTFO
11-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Knicks fans will bring up references to the poison pill and all that nonsense to justify their front office's potato decision-making. When you're a fan of a team run by incompetent retards, you tend to follow suit.

PuTangSlayer
11-14-2013, 12:24 AM
I enjoy having Lin in Houston.

nvrstopworking
11-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Knicks play Houston tomorrow

Oh lawd... and it's at MSG too.

inb4 40 & 10 from Lin.

3nt3r51l3nc3
11-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Watching asian friends and asians at MSG go nuts for him was one of the funniest things ever. I wish he was still here just for that.

FGCHENG
11-14-2013, 01:05 AM
When they gave up Lin, they gave up hope. Linsanity was bigger than the game of basketball. The last time MSG was that electric was probably in the 1999 Finals. The atmosphere was amazing in the era of Linsanity.

8iWWFk6TX18

ai3mac1
11-14-2013, 01:26 AM
This may sound stupid, but watching the whole Linsanity era play out was some of the most fun I've had as a fan watching basketball

Jmart66
11-14-2013, 02:04 AM
He lost his starting role to a bum...

Maybe i should remind you, this is what happens when he plays a real team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Z0US7lPp4

Cannonsex
11-14-2013, 02:13 AM
When they gave up Lin, they gave up hope. Linsanity was bigger than the game of basketball. The last time MSG was that electric was probably in the 1999 Finals. The atmosphere was amazing in the era of Linsanity.

8iWWFk6TX18

Jeremy Lin was the best thing that happened to the Knicks since 1999.

sh0tcall3r
11-14-2013, 02:30 AM
He didn't fit in NY, Melo wasn't willing to accept that Lin was the alpha male and best player on the team, same thing is happening now in Houston with Chuck Haren.

FGCHENG
11-14-2013, 02:31 AM

Lin was injured around that time. And don't act like NBA players doesn't have a bad day. Lin just made 9 3-pointers today against the 3rd best team (so far) in the East.

ai3mac1
11-14-2013, 02:45 AM

The dude was about 2 weeks into playing a meaningful NBA game, not to mention the Heat put an emphasis on embarrassing him.

He's no all star, but he definitely belongs in the NBA

Rebounds45
11-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Watching Lin torch the Lakers for 38 points during Linsanity was unbelievable.

Psyren
11-14-2013, 04:23 AM
what...hell no. 3 year 25 mil no thanks Jeff

Asians that were suddenly Knick fans were awful as well. Glad Houston has to deal with all that he brings now

he has been awful in Houston up until like 2 games now, you guys are pathetic
Where was OP when he was being outplayed by Beverly

kgzk111
11-14-2013, 05:09 AM
lmao rondo dropped 18/17/20 on his ass. lin was so overrated

pnc9ez485vI

TyGuy505
11-14-2013, 05:44 AM
No. The contract Houston offered was ridiculous considering we're paying over 20 mil for a bench player

JetLife21
11-14-2013, 06:12 AM

Asians that were suddenly Knick fans were awful as well. Glad Houston has to deal with all that he brings now

So you don't mind paying scrubs like Barn and Stat much more? Lin has been the most consistent player on the Rockets this season and has been in a different league than Beverly.

Kmacc222
11-14-2013, 06:58 AM
I would take Felton over Lin at the moment but back then i would have signed him and tried to develop him as an all around consistent player.

nvrstopworking
11-14-2013, 07:45 AM

$8M/yr is toom much for a guy who can play both guard spots? A guy who currently avgs 18/2/5 and is shooting better than 50% from the field AND from 3? And you think he's been "awful" up to this point?

notsureifsrs.

mexanacho
11-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Too much money for a guy whose a good but not great NBA player. Btw his current hot streak is not indicative of how much his game has improved since last year. I'd be willing to bet that he will regress back to his normal numbers by the end of December.

rocketsfanumad
11-14-2013, 08:03 AM
$8M/yr is toom much for a guy who can play both guard spots? A guy who currently avgs 18/2/5 and is shooting better than 50% from the field AND from 3? And you think he's been "awful" up to this point?

notsureifsrs.

lol this^^^^^^^^^
J lin has been phucking killing it offensively and will continue to do so unlike Felton who is currently averaging 6 points fewer and at only 38% luls. It really surprised me that Dolan didn't just pay the luxury tax and keep him because of the potential he possessed, instead he signed an already peaked Felton top lel

Antonio519
11-14-2013, 09:08 AM
ITT asians argue with non asians

Chairman7w
11-14-2013, 09:19 AM
This may sound stupid, but watching the whole Linsanity era play out was some of the most fun I've had as a fan watching basketball

Agreed, that was a pretty cool couple/few weeks.

Chairman7w
11-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Too much money for a guy whose a good but not great NBA player. Btw his current hot streak is not indicative of how much his game has improved since last year. I'd be willing to bet that he will regress back to his normal numbers by the end of December.

Only time will tell. Gonna have to let it play out before making any bold declarations. Just watch and enjoy.

ShadowBarkley
11-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Too much money.

Knicks are unwatchable. Thank god im a bandwagon fan.

FGCHENG
11-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Watching Lin torch the Lakers for 38 points during Linsanity was unbelievable.

I couldn't believe my eyes when that happen, just when I thought Linsanity couldn't get any bigger.. that game happened. He literally played the perfect game.

CheeseSteak
11-14-2013, 09:38 AM

lol was thinking the same thing

nvrstopworking
11-14-2013, 11:17 AM

I'm not asian. ;)

Edelman12
11-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Always been a Knicks fan... No winning tho. Horrendous front office that makes bad decision after bad decision. Will never make it to the conference finals with Dolan as the owner....yea were missing Lin. Felton doesn't get in shape for anyone

RogerSterling
11-14-2013, 11:26 AM

lol this

was just to make a post about how easy it is to spot the asians ITT

lin had a remarkable two week run and then came back down to earth. lol at **** like this:

When they gave up Lin, they gave up hope. Linsanity was bigger than the game of basketball.

pls go

SighGR
11-14-2013, 11:33 AM
He lost me as a fan with the 85% garbage. Melo played with a torn labrum last season, and didn't say anything. Here this guy was, knowing the Knicks needed a PG, and sat out.

He also went to Morey for more money. I don't mind not having him. Knicks had a great season last year, even if Felton stinks

Game_Set_Tat
11-14-2013, 11:41 AM

this, those weeks were some of the best times i had watching bball. would want it again if possible.

iSwearItWasntMe
11-14-2013, 11:46 AM
this, those weeks were some of the best times i had watching bball. would want it again if possible.

Strong this. My eyes was glued to the TV every time the Knicks played. Everywhere I went, people was talking about Lin.

rayallenscalves
11-14-2013, 11:51 AM
The bigger question is Why does Raymond Felton have a starting point guard job for the Knicks...dude is chubby sloppy, and doesn't have swag. Knicks should have cut him for Lin and went with a Lin/shump/Hardaway/prigs/Udrih/Smith backcourt. Felton is really a bad fit. People forget that the other players have to like their starting point guard in order for a team to win rings.

nvrstopworking
11-14-2013, 11:55 AM
He lost me as a fan with the 85% garbage. Melo played with a torn labrum last season, and didn't say anything. Here this guy was, knowing the Knicks needed a PG, and sat out.

He also went to Morey for more money. I don't mind not having him. Knicks had a great season last year, even if Felton stinks

Guy was in a contract year and he was a fringe player making "peanuts". If he came back and got hurt he could have jeopardized his entire future. I understand that it sucked watched the Melo-led Knicks get spanked in the playoffs but they seemed to think that they didn't need Lin anyway so why would we have risked his career for them?

As for him going for more money.... notsureifsrs. ALL players do that. Again... he was getting paid peanuts and was grossly underpaid considering his numbers.

Psyren
11-14-2013, 12:20 PM
The bigger question is Why does Raymond Felton have a starting point guard job for the Knicks...dude is chubby sloppy, and doesn't have swag. Knicks should have cut him for Lin and went with a Lin/shump/Hardaway/prigs/Udrih/Smith backcourt. Felton is really a bad fit. People forget that the other players have to like their starting point guard in order for a team to win rings.

Player A: 13.9ppg 42.7% FG 36.0 3P 78.9 FT% 5.5 APG 2.3 TO7%
Player B: 13.4ppg 44.1% FG 33.9% 3P 78.5 FT% 6.1 APG 2.9TO

one is getting paid 8.3M/year and the other 3.5M/year

Felton>Lin

Felton was by far our best player in the first round of the playoffs

bumped his scoring and assits to 17/5 and what was Lin doing? Being injured for another straight playoff series and shot 25% on the games he did play

you don't know what the fuk you are talking about

rayallenscalves
11-14-2013, 12:34 PM

Felton>Lin

bumped his scoring and assits to 17/5 and what was Lin doing? Being injured for another straight playoff series and shot 25% on the games he did play

Using the eye test, whose better? Do the Knicks appear to like Felton? How did Felton look against Indiana last year? Felton > Lin

rocketsfanumad
11-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Using the eye test, whose better? Do the Knicks appear to like Felton? How did Felton look against Indiana last year? Felton > Lin
strong use of '>' sign

MurkinSeason
11-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Is he going off right now or something? Cause I've watched him a few times after linsanity and didn't see anything too special anymore

rayallenscalves
11-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Is he going off right now or something? Cause I've watched him a few times after linsanity and didn't see anything too special anymore

He's a really good player dude.... Look at it this way. You have a guy like JR Smith or Josh Smith. Immense Talent and athleticism, drafted out of high school. But they decided to smoke lots of weed, get tattoos, nonetheless putting up good numbers but definitely not reaching their full potential. Any kind of smoke ingested into the lungs affects stamina, and lets be honest JR smith probably wasn't taking basketball as seriously as he should have.

Now you have Jeremy Lin. Not going to touch a drug. Not going to eat junk food. Harvard graduate. Going to be a serious student of the game. He is going to only go up. What I've been saying all along is going to manifest itself, harden is a cancer for Houston. Parsons, Lin, Howard, Asik, need to be the foundation. They need to get rid of harden because his teammates don't like playing with him, he can be a flopper and a black hole on offense, and he's a poor man's Manu. It would be a franchise saver if Houston could get butler/derozan/etc, someone whose going to give you a high motor defensively but also bring size, athleticism, and raw offensive ability.

Chairman7w
11-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Strong response. Strong stats.

Strong everything.

Felton>Lin

Shutuponions
11-14-2013, 02:22 PM

This. Linsanity is what got me into watching NBA srs. And what made me enter the Sports Misc lol

BodyBuildingGo
11-14-2013, 02:49 PM

LOL, he was basically a 2 week rookie at that point. Miami gameplanned to eat him alive.
Bev is a better FIT with the starting unit. Lin's still the better player overall.

KevC
12-06-2013, 05:14 PM
shameless bump, into to jus say i <3 Lin. I watch all houston games cuz of him lol

and to above posters, I've been watchin nba my whole life and that linsanity streak was the best thing i ever seen.

sdballer5588
12-06-2013, 05:33 PM

Lol no melo did not play with a torn labrum. Lol @ tearing your labrum and rotator cuff yet never getting surgery.

You realize this is just bull**** to make him sound super tough right? The labrum literally does not heal itself fully, ever. Surgery is the only way to actually repair it.

Mind blown that people can be this dumb lol, speaking as someone who just tore his labrum and rotator cuff and got the surgery done.