PDA

View Full Version : Putting on more mass.. HELP!

LiftsRus
11-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I am 19 currently I weigh ~185lbs.
My meals are set up as follows:
-I take a whey shake at ~6:00am followed by a bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1% milk at ~6:20.
-My next meal is 220g brown rice with 85g of tru roots bean trio (site: nutmegnotebook.com/2011/02/tru-roots-sprouted-bean-trio-review-weight-watchers-pointsplus-3) and 60g peas/corn with a banana and a Kelloggs Special K Crisps at 9:45.
-Lunch is 250g white pasta with 180g lean ground turkey (I mix the protein source up each week but I am trying to aim for 40g protein here) with 180g sliced canned peaches 1/2 a cucumber, 1/2 a pepper, 1 tomatoe, and a handful of carrots.
-I typically get home at 4:00-5:30 and try to eat some type of white carb (Rice or pasta) before I go to the gym at 6:30, I take C4 with creatine(5g total) before the gym, ive been experimenting with BCAAs intra workout but take whey isolate with dextrose after the gym.
-I get home at 8:30-9:00 and eat whatever dinner my parents have made (if its something i feel isnt that healthy I make a tuna salad) and wait till I go to bed (around 10:00-10:30) before pounding back a caseine shake with milk and a banana.

I am currently trying to approximate the total calories this is as well as macros but I havnt really been able to put on any more mass.. I was looking at making my own mass gainer and maybe replacing it with my morning shake and post workout shake? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.. THANKS!

Domicron
11-11-2013, 09:52 PM
I am 19 currently I weigh ~185lbs.
My meals are set up as follows:
-I take a whey shake at ~6:00am followed by a bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1% milk at ~6:20.
-My next meal is 220g brown rice with 85g of tru roots bean trio (site: nutmegnotebook.com/2011/02/tru-roots-sprouted-bean-trio-review-weight-watchers-pointsplus-3) and 60g peas/corn with a banana and a Kelloggs Special K Crisps at 9:45.
-Lunch is 250g white pasta with 180g lean ground turkey (I mix the protein source up each week but I am trying to aim for 40g protein here) with 180g sliced canned peaches 1/2 a cucumber, 1/2 a pepper, 1 tomatoe, and a handful of carrots.
-I typically get home at 4:00-5:30 and try to eat some type of white carb (Rice or pasta) before I go to the gym at 6:30, I take C4 with creatine(5g total) before the gym, ive been experimenting with BCAAs intra workout but take whey isolate with dextrose after the gym.
-I get home at 8:30-9:00 and eat whatever dinner my parents have made (if its something i feel isnt that healthy I make a tuna salad) and wait till I go to bed (around 10:00-10:30) before pounding back a caseine shake with milk and a banana.

I am currently trying to approximate the total calories this is as well as macros but I havnt really been able to put on any more mass.. I was looking at making my own mass gainer and maybe replacing it with my morning shake and post workout shake? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.. THANKS!

calculate your TDEE and macro nutrient needs. then log your food into an app like fitday or MFP so you can get a close approximation of your daily intake. take your TDEE and increase by about 15-20% and eat at that level while meeting your protein and fat minimums, also making sure you get enough fiber and micro nutrients. try to get your nutrients from real food. exercise hard. then gain mass.

Gxp23
11-12-2013, 12:02 AM
calculate your TDEE and macro nutrient needs. then log your food into an app like fitday or MFP so you can get a close approximation of your daily intake. take your TDEE and increase by about 15-20% and eat at that level while meeting your protein and fat minimums, also making sure you get enough fiber and micro nutrients. try to get your nutrients from real food. exercise hard. then gain mass.

What he said.