PDA

View Full Version : Almost done getting to target weight, but not at target bf%.

SwagenGTI
11-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Hey everyone, so Almost a year ago, I started bulking up; went from 135 to 150 but realized that i was just getting fat. I was skinny fat, probably with a bf% of 20-25; nothing too bad but had a belly and my belly just got bigger. I decided to cut, get back to down to my old high school weight and get a nice low bf% base before I started bulking again. Anyways, my target weight was 115 lbs. Took a long time to do get there since I wasn't properly counting/weighing my food and the weekends always went to ****. I hit 115 yesterday and while I am definitely leaner (proper lighting, my 6/8pack shows but not flexing only the top 4 are visible.

My question is, should I keep going down to maybe 110 lbs? Can I eat at maintenance at 115 lbs and still lose body fat? Btw, I am male and 5'3. I'd say I am probably around 11-12% bf.

On a side note, how long should I eat at maintenance before bulking again? Is a couple of weeks enough? I am ready to eat :D

moter98
11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Lean bulk! Won't matter how much weight you lose, you will not have the look you want because you don't have a muscle base for it. Gain some muscle and forget about being 115 lbs, you're a male! You are very underweight. Start eating and lifting.

SwagenGTI
11-12-2013, 05:42 PM
I guess I should have mentioned that I didn't soley just start cutting. Ive been lifting consistently for over a year and a half now. Squats, dead lifts, bench, shoulder press, weighted dips, etc.

Dan8890
11-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Hey everyone, so Almost a year ago, I started bulking up; went from 135 to 150 but realized that i was just getting fat. I was skinny fat, probably with a bf% of 20-25; nothing too bad but had a belly and my belly just got bigger. I decided to cut, get back to down to my old high school weight and get a nice low bf% base before I started bulking again. Anyways, my target weight was 115 lbs. Took a long time to do get there since I wasn't properly counting/weighing my food and the weekends always went to ****. I hit 115 yesterday and while I am definitely leaner (proper lighting, my 6/8pack shows but not flexing only the top 4 are visible.

My question is, should I keep going down to maybe 110 lbs? Can I eat at maintenance at 115 lbs and still lose body fat? Btw, I am male and 5'3. I'd say I am probably around 11-12% bf.

On a side note, how long should I eat at maintenance before bulking again? Is a couple of weeks enough? I am ready to eat :D

Op could you upload pics? If you think you need to cut more just do it