PDA

View Full Version : Have gained weight whilst cutting!

jwardmagic
11-08-2013, 05:12 AM
I have started Kris Gethins 12 week trainer, on week two. I calculated my macros to the T, and took away 20% starting a new diet with correct macronutrient ratios. After the first week I gained about 0.3 lbs. I decided to drop it by 30% (from my original TEE). I have now gained a lb, whilst doing increased amounts of cardio and working out!

I'm hoping it's just water retention as I didn't really do much cardio in the past, but it's annoying! I was aiming for about 1 - 1.5lbs of weight loss a week. Argh!

I'm thinking of doing the Low GL Diet, basicaly just balancing my blood sugar levels whilst incoroporating the correct amount of calories for weight loss and see if that helps. I'm new to cutting so I'm guessing these issues are quite common, but still frustrating!

I'm off to the gym in a bit to do my shoulders, abs and calves, then a bit of cardio. I hope I'm not losing any mass!

AlwaysTryin
11-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Correct macronutrient ratios? What?

There is no correct ratio

InItForFitness
11-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Gaining weight while cutting?
...you're doing it wrong.

Read the sticky threads.
Ditch Gethin's **** program (both workout and nutrition)
Develop a rational diet based on your individual nutritional needs and choose an established workout program from that section of the forums.

Gxp23
11-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Seen Kris Gethin, new he was doomed.

tyler1636
11-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Time to hop on the IIFYM band wagon and eat at a calorie deficit my friend!

InItForFitness
11-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Time to hop on the IIFYM band wagon and eat at a calorie deficit my friend!

When dafuq did it become a bandwagon?

kinesthetic1234
11-08-2013, 11:30 AM
op first of all you look great now sir - dont go trippin out and just take it easy. It's a lifestyle, not a destination.

2. Careful with scales - they should only be used to gather a (GENERAL SENSE) of progress (ESPECIALLY IN YOUR CONTEXT - WHAT A WEEK OR TWO?) Scales are far more telling when in the context of 1 month or more see?

3. It may be time to re-evaluate what you think your foods caloric value's equal too. You say your to the tee, and we cant know whether you are, but if your in a deficit and after a month (not week) you have gained ..... then as init suggested ... you are doing it wrong.

jwardmagic
11-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Correct macronutrient ratios? What?

There is no correct ratio

There are no correct ratios but there are certain experts which give guidelines to stick by. Obviously not one shape fits all but its the best you can do.

ironwill2008
11-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Check out Black dragon labs new supplement line! Use code BDLZKO for 20% off your entire order!!

Ignore ^^^^ this nonsense, OP. That junk is useless.

MetilHed
11-09-2013, 08:24 AM
There are no correct ratios but there are certain experts which give guidelines to stick by. Obviously not one shape fits all but its the best you can do.

No, it isn't the best you can do. Basing your macros on physiological sufficiency, as outlined in the stickies, is about the best you can do.

MetilHed
11-09-2013, 08:25 AM

Looks like a rep who *forgot* to put his affiliations in his sig . . . .

dee45special
11-09-2013, 08:31 AM
You are on week 2?

Finish the program then your will know if it worked or not. Too soon to tell bro

Gxp23
11-09-2013, 08:43 AM
You are on week 2?

Finish the program then your will know if it worked or not. Too soon to tell bro

No, ditch the program.

InItForFitness
11-09-2013, 09:13 AM
You are on week 2?

Strong NOT THIS^

AlwaysTryin
11-09-2013, 02:44 PM
No, it isn't the best you can do. Basing your macros on physiological sufficiency, as outlined in the stickies, is about the best you can do.

Exactly