PDA

View Full Version : Ever paid for a nutritionist, and if so, what was your experience?

metalmancpa
11-07-2013, 06:30 AM
I know a couple of nutritionists, those who went to school and got their degrees in nutrition, who help a couple of acquaintances of mine who are into competing in body building locally.

I read their marketing material, and wonder if paying for a short term/one time shot analysis of nutrition and devising a meal plan based on individual goals is worth it.

Charlie581
11-07-2013, 06:33 AM
If your just looking for general self improvement (as opposed to competition prep) honestly, you can find pretty much all the info you'd need in the stickies or from trusted sources online for free.

FunkDaddy
11-07-2013, 07:20 AM
After I was diagnosed diabetic, part of the "diabetes education" was a few appointments with a nutritionist. Obviously her advice was geared towards keeping blood sugar levels stable as opposed to competing in a BB show, but she took into account the fact that I was into weightlifting, definitely knew her stuff. Basically helped me find a happy medium between a diabetic nutrition plan and one that would still support putting on muscle and losing fat (which would help in the long run to control blood sugar)