PDA

View Full Version : lol @ ESPN guys arguing over Martin/Incognito situation

caj
11-07-2013, 05:23 AM
bleeding heart liberals who have never broken a sweat on a field in their life arguing with former NFL players over how players in the locker room should behave

sdballer5588
11-07-2013, 05:46 AM
bleeding heart liberals who have never broken a sweat on a field in their life arguing with former NFL players over how players in the locker room should behave

Believe it or not, playing football does not excuse you from basic human etiquette.

Bucher15
11-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Believe it or not, playing football does not excuse you from basic human etiquette.

Noone even really knows what went on. Has the voicemail that they keep referring to been released? I'd like to actually hear the tone that was used in it. Reports are saying that Martin was playing it for teammates and laughing about it.

Here is a good article from a former lineman:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

Sounds to me like Martin is just a very fragile human being that can't handle the NFL lifestyle.

PostOfficeRus
11-07-2013, 07:28 AM

Yea because Tom Jackson never played a down in the NFL...

caj
11-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Yeah, it's unclear whether there was a real problem or if Martin was just going thru PMS

Even QB Tannehill is saying that the two were good buddies, so who knows

But ESPN is so full of liberals who want everything solved thru political correctness.

blacksabbath11
11-07-2013, 07:35 AM

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/cultist/skip2.jpg

niknguyen
11-07-2013, 07:39 AM
So mark schlereth, dawkins, antonio pierce, woodson never played a down in the nfl. Gotcha.

Polian was never around the nfl culture either.

You're absolutely correct OP

5 star post is 5 star

Forumite
11-07-2013, 08:30 AM
I quit watching ESPN 10 years ago when NFLN came about.

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Yeah, it's unclear whether there was a real problem or if Martin was just going thru PMS

Even QB Tannehill is saying that the two were good buddies, so who knows

But ESPN is so full of liberals who want everything solved thru political correctness.

LOL, if you accept everything 100% that's coming out of that locker room now you're an idiot. Their stories keep getting more and more exaggerated, at some point in the next few days, someone will be talking about Incognito and Martin riding a tandem bike together down the Miami Beach Boardwalk.

You've got players and team sources saying that Incognito was just foul-mouthed and talked that way to everyone, then you've got Tannehill saying he never heard Incognito so much as swear once, the **** doesn't match up at all. It's all about CYA right now and trying to cover up any possible problems which may have happened/been happening.

What is known is that Miami leads the NFL in player grievances filed this year and when Martin's agent went to the GM to complain about the issues with Incognito, the GM told the agent that Martin should go fight him.

Bucher15
11-07-2013, 09:06 AM
LOL, if you accept everything 100% that's coming out of that locker room now you're an idiot. Their stories keep getting more and more exaggerated, at some point in the next few days, someone will be talking about Incognito and Martin riding a tandem bike together down the Miami Beach Boardwalk.

You've got players and team sources saying that Incognito was just foul-mouthed and talked that way to everyone, then you've got Tannehill saying he never heard Incognito so much as swear once, the **** doesn't match up at all. It's all about CYA right now and trying to cover up any possible problems which may have happened/been happening.

What is known is that Miami leads the NFL in player grievances filed this year and when Martin's agent went to the GM to complain about the issues with Incognito, the GM told the agent that Martin should go fight him.

Well on the other side of the spectrum we have the text of a voicemail without knowing what tone it was said in. Martin was apparently laughing about it with teammates. Also the 15k that he was "forced" to pay for a trip to Vegas that apparently he agreed to go and pay in the first place then backed out later on. And then there is the lunch room incident where he sat down and everyone stood up and left that apparently has been going on for years and a prank that he took part in a few weeks earlier when it was played on another teammate.

So the question is, is this really an issue at all? Or is this just a very weak individual that isn't cut out for such a profession? IMO that's the way I am leaning.

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 09:08 AM
So mark schlereth, dawkins, antonio pierce, woodson never played a down in the nfl. Gotcha.

Polian was never around the nfl culture either.

You're absolutely correct OP

5 star post is 5 star

Not to mention all the people interviewed who said this **** should never go down in a locker room, softies like Troy Polamalu, Donte Whitner, Bart Scott and more.

niknguyen
11-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Not to mention all the people interviewed who said this **** should never go down in a locker room, softies like Troy Polamalu, Donte Whitner, Bart Scott and more.

i think the only person that said it does fly is antonio pierce actually. he said there's a different culture in NFL locker rooms. but consensus is that it shouldnt fly.

edit: its also reported that the team likes incognito more than martin as well. probably because martin was quiet and to himself, like tannehill said, where incognito put himself out there and was more of a presence. so its not surprised that his TEAMMATES would back him up TBH. on one hand you have someone that walked out on the team, albeit being "bullied", and the other that's been with the team for years and is in a leadership role. is it really THAT surprising to see them back up incognito? it just shows poor character in that locker room TBH (which comes from the top, what GM advises a player to punch another player), because its clear that incognito is a complete POS. look at pretty much all of incognito's past problems and what his past teammates have to say about him. does anyone even have 1 nice thing to say about him?

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Well on the other side of the spectrum we have the text of a voicemail without knowing what tone it was said in. Martin was apparently laughing about it with teammates. Also the 15k that he was "forced" to pay for a trip to Vegas that apparently he agreed to go and pay in the first place then backed out later on. And then there is the lunch room incident where he sat down and everyone stood up and left that apparently has been going on for years and a prank that he took part in a few weeks earlier when it was played on another teammate.

So the question is, is this really an issue at all? Or is this just a very weak individual that isn't cut out for such a profession? IMO that's the way I am leaning.

I think it's a huge issue, especially when Martin's agent goes to the GM and is told that as a response, after the coaching staff sicced Incognito onto Martin the first place. What I gather from the Dolphins comments is that Incognito basically ran that locker room, when a guy recognized as one of the biggest pieces of **** in the NFL is perhaps the most respected veteran in your locker room, you've got major issues.

Martin was supposed to go tell someone, yet Incognito sat on the veteran's council of players, was he supposed to go tell the coaching staff who encouraged Incognito to haze him in the first place, or was he supposed to go to the GM whose response was that he should go fight Incognito.

I think by walking away, he made the best decision he possibly could in his situation. By keeping his mouth shut, he's now letting the Dolphins organization dig themselves in a bigger hole as players continue yapping despite a team-imposed gag order that apparently nobody gives a **** about, which is a further sign of the lack of discipline and overall leadership there.

Thai_Clinch
11-07-2013, 09:17 AM
This whole thing just goes to show humans have become fragile pussies.

Incognito is a man. I would like to have him on my team. If you cant handle verbal abuse, youre a ****ing pussy. If you cant stand up for yourself, youre a ****ing weak minded vag.

From the sounds of all this, Martin is using Richie as an excuse for the fact he QUIT on his team because he is what i said. Weak and Fragile. Who gives a **** what Incognito said. MILLIONS of people have said the words he has said around their friends. It's nobodies business what he said to martin in the first place. People caring about this stuff and are offended are just as weak

sdballer5588
11-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Stats 5 6. Tell us more Frodo.

Bucher15
11-07-2013, 09:20 AM
I think it's a huge issue, especially when Martin's agent goes to the GM and is told that as a response, after the coaching staff sicced Incognito onto Martin the first place. What I gather from the Dolphins comments is that Incognito basically ran that locker room, when a guy recognized as one of the biggest pieces of **** in the NFL is perhaps the most respected veteran in your locker room, you've got major issues.

Martin was supposed to go tell someone, yet Incognito sat on the veteran's council of players, was he supposed to go tell the coaching staff who encouraged Incognito to haze him in the first place, or was he supposed to go to the GM whose response was that he should go fight Incognito.

I think by walking away, he made the best decision he possibly could in his situation. By keeping his mouth shut, he's now letting the Dolphins organization dig themselves in a bigger hole as players continue yapping despite a team-imposed gag order that apparently nobody gives a **** about, which is a further sign of the lack of discipline and overall leadership there.

I'm not defending incognito...everyone knows he is a scumbag. But based on what we know, I don't really see anything that tells me there is a major bullying/hazing problem that is out of the ordinary in the nfl. Everyone is just speculating as to what went on.

Umbreh
11-07-2013, 09:22 AM

Incognito is a man. I would like to have him on my team. If you cant handle verbal abuse, youre a ****ing pussy. If you cant stand up for yourself, youre a ****ing weak minded vag.

From the sounds of all this, Martin is using Richie as an excuse for the fact he QUIT on his team because he is what i said. Weak and Fragile. Who gives a **** what Incognito said. MILLIONS of people have said the words he has said around their friends. It's nobodies business what he said to martin in the first place. People caring about this stuff and are offended are just as weak

Is this "weak" that you refer to an objective view of the word or just your badass conception. There's something to be said in standing up for yourself but just because you don't do it doesn't necessarily make you "weak" in the true sense of the word, as it means different things to different people. Yes, people who think as you do view someone like Martin as weak, but others may not necessarily.

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 09:23 AM

Federal labor laws beg to differ.

Also, LOL at calling Incognito a man. The sort of bitch-ass that likes to twist people's ankles and try to break fingers while on the field is a piece of ****, no more than that.

niknguyen
I'm not defending incognito...everyone knows he is a scumbag. But based on what we know, I don't really see anything to say that tells me there is a major bullying/hazing problem that is out of the ordinary in the nfl. Everyone is just speculating as to what went on.

i think the main issue is that JM had emotional/psychogical issues and i think it was a known fact (may be wrong, i think i read that somewhere). continuously talking **** and bullying someone like that is fcking retarded no matter how fcking big he is. you don't see any NORMAL person go around bullying people like that relentlessly. JM was a known softie. so what does incognito have to gain except to boost his ego from being bullied as a kid for being a fat ass (this is actually a fact)

its almost the equivalent of picking on someone with a minor case of autism. you just don't fcking do it when you realize they have emotional/psychological issues.

Thai_Clinch

Stats 5 6. Tell us more Frodo.

Strong hypocrite, phaggot.

eltoro24

Do they really have a gag order????

Did anyone see Tyson Clabo's interview. HOLY CRAP!!!! That guy is a f-ing retard.

Thai_Clinch
11-07-2013, 09:24 AM

Did this happen at work ? I believe this call was during the morning or night. outside of the facility.

rugbybosher
11-07-2013, 09:25 AM

What do you have against Incognito brah? every thread you are sh!tting on the guy, when every day the evidence points to him having less and less culpability. You ignore every piece of evidence that blows the Martin camps story out of the water and rigidly stick to Incognito= scumbag and should be banned. Incognito should walk from this, he did nothing wrong in an NFL context(no jockstrap rider).

sdballer5588
11-07-2013, 09:26 AM

Where are yo ugetting ANY of this information from.

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm not defending incognito...everyone knows he is a scumbag. But based on what we know, I don't really see anything that tells me there is a major bullying/hazing problem that is out of the ordinary in the nfl. Everyone is just speculating as to what went on.

Don't have too speculate too much. The coaches sent Incognito after Martin to toughen him up, the OL coaches knew about the hazing, when Martin's agent went to the GM to complain, the GM said that Martin should fight Incognito. Incognito was a member of the veteran's council, Martin was basically isolated in that locker room for the most part. Now everyone in the Dolphins organization is trying to blow sunshine and rainbows up people's asses to deflect the criticism that they are receiving.

eltoro24
11-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Did this happen at work ? I believe this call was during the morning or night. outside of the facility.

Yes this is considered workplace hazzing.

Also under FL law Martin can get Triple over time pay.

niknguyen
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM

i would gladly be hazed for triple overtime pay. holy sht lol

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Where are yo ugetting ANY of this information from.

This. Its amazing that nobody is questioning any of these accounts.

Tannehill:"No, no Richie never used that kind of language, he never swore."

Dolphins front office source: "Incognito talked like that to everyone, he swore up and down that locker room."

Former Dolphins OL:"The coaches like to use hazing to motivate players...oh and Incognito never knew when enough was enough."

Brian Hartline: "Stop bullying us you meanies."

Dolphins Player:"Martin played that voicemail for everyone in the locker room, we all heard it."

Tannehill:"I never heard of any voicemail from Incognito."

From now on I'm going to call Tannehill, Colonel Klink because based on his comments he seems to be more out of touch with his own team than any starting QB has a right to be.

Thai_Clinch
11-07-2013, 09:30 AM

That is ridiculous.

eltoro24
11-07-2013, 09:32 AM
i would gladly be hazed for triple overtime pay. holy sht lol

Want to know the best part. Richie will have to pay his fees.

It gets even better for Martin. The Florida law provides for triple damages -- yes, triple damages -- and would allow Martin to collect his legal fees from Incognito. These provisions could produce a significant jury verdict for Martin at Incognito's expense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9932264/florida-law-provide-big-payday-jonathan-martin-sue-miami-dolphins-richie-incognito

sdballer5588
11-07-2013, 09:34 AM
This. Its amazing that nobody is questioning any of these accounts.

Tannehill:"No, no Richie never used that kind of language, he never swore."

Dolphins front office source: "Incognito talked like that to everyone, he swore up and down that locker room."

Former Dolphins OL:"The coaches like to use hazing to motivate players...oh and Incognito never knew when enough was enough."

Brian Hartline: "Stop bullying us you meanies."

Dolphins Player:"Martin played that voicemail for everyone in the locker room, we all heard it."

Tannehill:"I never heard of any voicemail from Incognito."

Now we've got random dolphin sympathizers adding parts to OTHER previous stories

Forced to pay for 15k trip to vegas. Now they're claiming he chose not to go

Lunch room incident where he walks out. Now they're claiming HE DID IT earlier that week.

Incognito, noted scumbag says ******. Random players come out calling him an honorary black man (lol u fukkin wot m8?)

Tannenhill claims he has never heard incognito SWEAR (lol), and says Martin and Incognito were "best friends"

this sht is jsut getting embarrassing. Everyne on the dolphins is CLEARLY trying to go into damage control.

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Want to know the best part. Richie will have to pay his fees.

It gets even better for Martin. The Florida law provides for triple damages -- yes, triple damages -- and would allow Martin to collect his legal fees from Incognito. These provisions could produce a significant jury verdict for Martin at Incognito's expense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9932264/florida-law-provide-big-payday-jonathan-martin-sue-miami-dolphins-richie-incognito

Florida law is more hardcore than Federal law even, holy ****.

Martin's current salary is a bit more than $600,000. If he were to return to the NFL and enjoy a typical career as an offensive lineman, he would be expected to earn another $5 million or $6 million. If his career is worth $5 million, and Incognito's threats ended the career, Martin could collect as much as $15 million. Legal fees could be added to the jury award and push the total close to $17 million. Martin's career under this Florida law may be more valuable in court than it is on the field.

There's no getting back at a bully like putting them in the poor house.

baraaa
11-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Reading more about Martin's background I'm not surprised he has troubles associating with meatheads and stupid jokes.

niknguyen
11-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Now we've got random dolphin sympathizers adding parts to OTHER previous stories

Lunch room incident where he walks out. Now they're claiming HE DID IT earlier that week.

Incognito, noted scumbag says ******. Random players come out calling him an honorary black man (lol u fukkin wot m8?)

Tannenhill claims he has never heard incognito SWEAR (lol), and says Martin and Incognito were "best friends"

this sht is jsut getting embarrassing. Everyne on the dolphins is CLEARLY trying to go into damage control.

the amount of hypocrisy in the locker room is laughable.

Player A says 1 thing
Player B says the complete opposite.

lulzy...organization of peace

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 09:37 AM

This is where Martin has the advantage, he only needs to keep one story straight, as these other players keep talking and contradicting each other, it becomes pretty clear as to what they are doing.

Thai_Clinch
11-07-2013, 09:47 AM

Also, LOL at calling Incognito a man. The sort of bitch-ass that likes to twist people's ankles and try to break fingers while on the field is a piece of ****, no more than that.

welcome to almost half the league. All of these guys do this. I remember a story of john lynch being in a pile his rookie year on kickoffs, where he forced a fumble on Steve Tasker. Tasker grabbed him by the nuts and squeezed telling john lynch "dont you ever hit me like that again".

I take it a lot of you guys have never spent time in a locker room.

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 09:56 AM
welcome to almost half the league. All of these guys do this. I remember a story of john lynch being in a pile his rookie year on kickoffs, where he forced a fumble on Steve Tasker. Tasker grabbed him by the nuts and squeezed telling john lynch "dont you ever hit me like that again".

Nobody but a handful of guys take it to the level that Incognito does. BRB, comparing getting your nuts groped to some asshat trying to break your ankle in the pile.

Incognito is one of the guys who has been repeatedly singled out by his own peers as the dirtiest player in the league. No, they literally voted him that title, then he got overshadowed by Suh last season. He's more known for being a dirty player than anything else. Dude was suspended from two college teams and has been ****-canned from two NFL teams in his career. Bart Scott said on the radio that it was well known from several of the Bills that he worked out with at the time that Incognito was universally disliked within the Buffalo Bills locker room and a guy who quickly wears on people. I guess he found the right locker room where nobody would challenge his authority and had a weak enough coach to let him do whatever he wanted to.

Bucher15
11-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Nobody but a handful of guys take it to the level that Incognito does. BRB, comparing getting your nuts groped to some asshat trying to break your ankle in the pile.

Are you an ex NFL player?

poonpounder311
11-07-2013, 10:10 AM

Its funny how many people keep saying this, its like being in a locker room give you an excuse to act like a complete phaggot.

Sandusky should have used this defense, half the misc would have been ok with what he did because hey, it happened in the locker room.

niknguyen
11-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Its funny how many people keep saying this, its like being in a locker room give you an excuse to act like a complete phaggot.

Sandusky should have used this defense, half the misc would have been ok with what he did because hey, it happened in the locker room.

this is the sports misc. if you're not an e-badass, you ain't **** and are a complete pussy.

ElMariachi
11-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Are you an ex NFL player?

Is this some appeal to authority bull****? "How would you know that?"

In the NFL, he quickly gained a reputation as a dirty player, even being voted as the league's dirtiest in a 2009 survey by the Sporting News.

The St. Louis Rams gave up on him after he head-butted two opponents in 2009, the latest of the 38 penalties he committed with the Rams in four seasons. The Buffalo Bills claimed him, but dumped him after three games, leading him to Miami, where he seemed to settle down after signing in 2010. He spoke of getting treatment for depression and learning from his mistakes.

"Richie Incognito is... a dirty and disrespectful player," Jackson said on Twitter. "For those wondering...I played him 4x when I was with Seattle. We all knew to watch our KNEES and be alert for his antics."

Richie Incognito once bullied a teammate so badly that the teammate suddenly got up from the ground and stomped out of football practice.

It was early 2002 — long before Incognito was accused of similar behavior with the Miami Dolphins. Incognito was just a freshman at Nebraska, but that didn't stop him from picking fights or harassing teammates, in this case a non-scholarship offensive lineman named Jack Limbaugh. Incognito plowed into Limbaugh's back during practice, knocking him to the ground for no apparent reason.

Limbaugh responded by getting up, grabbing his equipment and walking out, according to the diary of teammate David Kolowski.

Incognito was All-Big 12 as a sophomore offensive tackle at Nebraska in 2003 but was suspended for repeated violations of team rules before the 2004 season and subsequently dismissed at Oregon later that year after attempting to transfer.

Bills LB Kawika Mitchell did not roll out the welcome mat for Richie Incognito after Buffalo picked up the lineman on waivers from St. Louis on Wednesday.

Mitchell disparaged Incognito, cut by the Rams on Tuesday, in a series of Twitter posts before eventually recognizing he had spoken out of turn.

Of Incognito's addition to the Bills, Mitchell said:

" BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YR. THE GUYS A BUM. DIRTY AND ALWAYS... WILL BE. REALLY WISH I WAS PLAYIN RITE NOW. SERIOUSLY... I KNO WE'RE N NEED OF OLINE BUT THIS GUY SUKS BALLS."

"In my eyes, that's low-class," Dockett said. "That one individual that everybody knows, he's been able to play that way since college. The league is going to have to do something about it, because one day he's going to really injure somebody's career. The guy was trying to hurt some of our guys."

Seahawks players criticized Incognito before a game in 2008, accusing him of jumping late onto piles and twisting ankles.

"You know, like the FBI's 20 Most Wanted? Yeah, he'd be on that list," Seahawks linebacker Julian Peterson said.

There's virtually endless amounts of stuff about this guy out there.

YesWayNoWeigh
11-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Cringe worthy I can't even watch. Marcellus Wiley was yelling at Max kellerman lol

niknguyen
11-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Is this some appeal to authority bull****? "How would you know that?"
There's endless amounts of stuff about this guy in his relatively short time in the NFL.

like i said, has ANY of his peers had something nice to say about him? all of a sudden everyone in this dolphins locker room is making him to be some standup citizen. not surprising with a weak HC and ****ty FO

EvilChicken
11-07-2013, 10:35 AM

This. Since when is being a football player mean you can be an *******