PDA

View Full Version : Very skinny fat. Need advice

DT1988
10-28-2013, 09:55 PM
A couple months back I decided I wanted to finally loose some fat. So I decided to eat better and exercise. Im 5"11 and I was about 207lbs then, I started counting calories and exercising . Mostly cardio and some weight training at home . I'm currently at 185.. I'm glad I've lost weight and I'm able to fit into smaller clothes . But I am also depressed at how my body has turned out . I made the mistake of working out basically everyday while eating very little protein . No where near what's recommended on here of 1gram per body weight. I managed to loose a good amount of fat but I also think I burned off a lot of muscle... I really had no idea what I was doing ... I'm a bit more informed now but I'm confused as to what to do next to get rid of this horrible skinny fat body that I have . I dont know wether to cut or bulk. I've heard lots of people say different things . Some say to bulk to build muscle others say to cut . All I really want to do at this point is loose this body fat around mid section and moobs... And then work on getting toned . Should I cut ? And what's the best way to do it for a guy my height and weight ? My fitness pal recommends I eat around 2,333 calories a day. I've only eaten about 1,300 today is that too little? Ive consumed about 120 grams of protein today. mostly from chicken breasts,turkey, lean ground beef and some protein bars . I've stayed away from cereals and carbs . I've only had a couple of fruits. Am I going about this the wrong way ? Any advice is appreciated. I'm a very big noob and new to all of this

Gatorrr
10-28-2013, 10:38 PM
A couple months back I decided I wanted to finally loose some fat. So I decided to eat better and exercise. Im 5"11 and I was about 207lbs then, I started counting calories and exercising . Mostly cardio and some weight training at home . I'm currently at 185.. I'm glad I've lost weight and I'm able to fit into smaller clothes . But I am also depressed at how my body has turned out . I made the mistake of working out basically everyday while eating very little protein . No where near what's recommended on here of 1gram per body weight. I managed to loose a good amount of fat but I also think I burned off a lot of muscle... I really had no idea what I was doing ... I'm a bit more informed now but I'm confused as to what to do next to get rid of this horrible skinny fat body that I have . I dont know wether to cut or bulk. I've heard lots of people say different things . Some say to bulk to build muscle others say to cut . All I really want to do at this point is loose this body fat around mid section and moobs... And then work on getting toned . Should I cut ? And what's the best way to do it for a guy my height and weight ? My fitness pal recommends I eat around 2,333 calories a day. I've only eaten about 1,300 today is that too little? Ive consumed about 120 grams of protein today. mostly from chicken breasts,turkey, lean ground beef and some protein bars . I've stayed away from cereals and carbs . I've only had a couple of fruits. Am I going about this the wrong way ? Any advice is appreciated. I'm a very big noob and new to all of this
We need pics

DT1988
10-28-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm not allowed to post pics seeing as this is my first ever post on this site.... My abdomen is a bit odd shaped. Pear shaped I would say . My ribs show a little on the sides. But I'm slightly wider at the bottom by a few inches . My chest (man boobs)stick out a bit farther than stomach. And the left is slightly bigger . They do have a bit of tightness to them from bench pressing, push ups, planks, dumbell flys etc. my arms are a bit skinny . But they do have muscle but it's only really visible when I flex .. It's hard to find decent fitting clothes . Some clothes can look ok. And others just plain look horrible. I feel as if my body is just a mix of semi fit and fat. With a bit of muscle an definition in some parts and soft and fat in others.

zerocoolflo
10-29-2013, 03:11 PM
You really need to eat way more calories OP, check out my guide on bulking: http://www.nobsbb.com/how-to-bulk-up/

tara19
10-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Upload photos to your bodyspace.

And, learn to paragraph.

canadiancoops
10-29-2013, 07:00 PM
I was there but was 158lbs and skinny fat. Right now you are at 185lbs. I think you might just be fat.

If you want to lose the middle, as you say, then do it. Try eating 2000 calories a day and lifting heavy. Maybe try 5x5 workout 3 times a week. Get a good amount of protein, say 180 grms, and you might well add muscle and lose fat.

DT1988
10-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Upload photos to your bodyspace.

And, learn to paragraph.

Ok sorry about not spacing out any of it . It was typed out on my smartphone.

I uploaded 2 pictures to my gallery . I guess you can say I'm more fat/skinny than skinny/fat . I still have fat all over my stomach and chest . But my arms and shoulders look pretty skinny to me :( ..

Any advice needed... Cut.. Bulk?.. I weigh 183 I just weighed myself now . Thanks

chevy72blu
10-30-2013, 09:11 AM
You arent skinny fat brah. You are just fat.

Read the stickies and follow a cutting plan plan until you are leaner. Lifitng heavy between now and then should minimize the skinny fat look, but you do not look like you have much lean mass so its a possibility. Bulk from there.

RobbenH
10-30-2013, 10:51 AM
You could do with eating more calories, 1,300 is VERY little! I'd recommend cutting first, just so you can start from scratch, then you can start to bulk.

proconsul
10-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Ok sorry about not spacing out any of it . It was typed out on my smartphone.

I uploaded 2 pictures to my gallery . I guess you can say I'm more fat/skinny than skinny/fat . I still have fat all over my stomach and chest . But my arms and shoulders look pretty skinny to me :( ..

Any advice needed... Cut.. Bulk?.. I weigh 183 I just weighed myself now . Thanks

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think the problem is that you've burned muscle. The problem is that you have a meaningful amount of remaining fat to be burned. I would guess that you could cut to 165 easily, given your frame and fat levels in your profile pic.

For what it's worth, muscle will come back very quickly when you work out. If I were you, I'd cut hard to lean out, then lift hard with a clean diet to add muscle.

DT1988
10-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the positive advice . I will cut . I already started this Monday actually. My carbs have been really low but it looks like I have to raise my calories a bit.

To be honest I sit around a lot when I'm not working out .Should I do some cardio to burn fat faster ? Maybe 3 days of weights and 2 days of cardio ?

goodcupcakes
10-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the positive advice . I will cut . I already started this Monday actually. My carbs have been really low but it looks like I have to raise my calories a bit.

To be honest I sit around a lot when I'm not working out .Should I do some cardio to burn fat faster ? Maybe 3 days of weights and 2 days of cardio ?

You can so long as you keep a constant deficit under your TDEE. I wouldn't do that much cardio unless you enjoy whatever cardio workout you chose for yourself. Your body will firm up; don't despair.