PDA

View Full Version : Cheat vs. Refeeds for cutting.

dylanbohn95
10-27-2013, 05:10 PM
I've been doing cheat meals but am curious about refeeds, are they better? How do you do them? Another question i have is, since im currently bulking, should i still have cheat meals? I mean, is there any benefit to them thats not mental when your trying to put on mass[the good kind]? I've heard that they can help with muscle building plateaus kind of how they work with fat loss plateaus.

mavajo
10-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Cheats don't offer any physical benefit - they're just a mental release. If you're doing it purely for physical benefit, re-feeds are the only real choice here. Cheat meals are just indiscriminate gorging.

tara19
10-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Re-feeds are generally for people with low bf% & low-carbers. Physical & mental help.

Cheat meals or days are just an excuse for someone to binge. Although, can help mentally.

Serpentarius
10-27-2013, 05:44 PM
bulking and need "cheat meals"? How are you having issues eating foods you want? The only muscle building plateaus are not enough food, poor programming, poor genetics, in that order.

mavajo
10-27-2013, 05:45 PM
bulking and need "cheat meals"? How are you having issues eating foods you want? The only muscle building plateaus are not enough food, poor programming, poor genetics, in that order.

^^^^

Yeah, what the heck? I didn't even notice OP said he was bulking.

MrM27
10-27-2013, 05:48 PM

This^^^

I mean, you should have so many calories available that every day should be filled with stuff you love. Are you using these "cheat meals" to eat a whole pizza pie, bucket of KFC or diving into a bowl of jelly beans?

amw9490
10-27-2013, 05:50 PM
No need to cheat when bulking.

dylanbohn95
10-27-2013, 06:43 PM
No need to cheat when bulking.IDK im still relatively new to bodybuilding, im pretty sure im going to stop cheats while i bulk though. You couldnt fit those foods you love in your macros, just saying.

Renegadegod
10-27-2013, 06:52 PM
I would do it for psychological reasons. You always have to curb those cravings somehow :)

Serpentarius
10-27-2013, 07:11 PM
IDK im still relatively new to bodybuilding, im pretty sure im going to stop cheats while i bulk though. You couldnt fit those foods you love in your macros, just saying.

How? Dude you need like 96g protein and 55g fat, you are saying you cant find any calories left over after 879????

MrM27
10-27-2013, 07:57 PM
How? Dude you need like 96g protein and 55g fat, you are saying you cant find any calories left over after 879????

I'm guessing maybe he's got the all or nothing mentality. If he can't pull a serp and have the whole pint of ice cream then he doesn't want it.

But you are 100% right. When I was cutting at 1900 calories I fit in a decent amount of extra treats I wanted. Now that I'm at 2500 it leaves me so much more room that "cheat days or meals" like OP says just would make no sense. IIFYM

SeventhSin
10-27-2013, 08:16 PM
You couldnt fit those foods you love in your macros, just saying.

Why couldn't you? It's easy, portions.