PDA

View Full Version : Tired of football players thanking "God" during football games

redelite191
10-26-2013, 06:58 PM
For example, during the current Ohio State/Penn State game, everytime OSU makes a touchdown, a football player "prays" and points up at the sky, thanking God. What the heck are you pointing up at, nimbostratus clouds above and thanking an invisible fairy? Besides, why would an invisible imaginary being want to be involved in a football game? These football players should thank their skills and what they have learned for winning, not the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Makes me sick to my stomach.

Impurityz
10-26-2013, 07:00 PM
came in to neg... already red

go cry some more

TTexasTT
10-26-2013, 07:02 PM
All I know is that Penn State should not have any athletics at their university again. EVER.

What a disgusting group of people. Its unfortunate that the whole school has to get painted with the same brush but when the crimes against children are that atrocious the needs to be serious change. A change that sends a message, a change that lasts forever. When people talk about Penn state nothing needs to come to mind except perhaps Sodom, Penn State and Gomorrah. The crimes that were allowed to happen there over those decades are perhaps some of the most hideous that Ive ever heard. The university as a whole is a black eye to the entire United States and perhaps mankind. The fact that they are allowed to dress out and run a team on a field just shows how filthy crimes can be swept under the rug. How can the innocent children be forgotten so quickly? Are we going to just go on acting as if these unholy acts never had taken place? The student body should have some pride, self respect and hold themselves to a higher standard and transfer elsewhere. How can they open their wallets and empty thir bank accounts out for tuition to such a hellish place?

houtexans23
10-26-2013, 07:03 PM
you sound upset. did jesus not want to be your friend?

scotyg
10-26-2013, 07:05 PM
cant imagine being rustled over such inconsequential things.

mcbizkit02
10-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Typical atheist is mad that everyone isn't as miserable as him.

IDontPlay247
10-26-2013, 07:42 PM
All I know is that Penn State should not have any athletics at their university again. EVER.

What a disgusting group of people. Its unfortunate that the whole school has to get painted with the same brush but when the crimes against children are that atrocious the needs to be serious change. A change that sends a message, a change that lasts forever. When people talk about Penn state nothing needs to come to mind except perhaps Sodom, Penn State and Gomorrah. The crimes that were allowed to happen there over those decades are perhaps some of the most hideous that Ive ever heard. The university as a whole is a black eye to the entire United States and perhaps mankind. The fact that they are allowed to dress out and run a team on a field just shows how filthy crimes can be swept under the rug. How can the innocent children be forgotten so quickly? Are we going to just go on acting as if these unholy acts never had taken place? The student body should have some pride, self respect and hold themselves to a higher standard and transfer elsewhere. How can they open their wallets and empty thir bank accounts out for tuition to such a hellish place?

Agreed.

As for OP stop crying and fist yourself phaggot. its a free country

Bigcarllittlewi
10-26-2013, 07:44 PM
U mad?

Monstarx
10-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Just let people do what they want man jeez. Don't make fun of others for what they believe.

Ramrod2615
10-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Worry about yourself OP

Forumite
10-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Maybe they are thanking God for the opportunity to do what they are doing? Some of those kids come from a not so glamorous background and use collegiate sports as a way to get an education and more.

Forumite
10-26-2013, 07:56 PM

go cry some more

Nothing against you m8 but part of me wants to neg you just to see if your rep power would be 11111.

travellingbrah
10-26-2013, 08:09 PM
It's pretty obnoxious and petty to be honest. "Thank you god, for letting me score this touchdown"...I mean seriously?

Mark Jackson is the worst. Every other word involves god.

montecarlo
10-26-2013, 09:06 PM

go cry some more

this.

Ramrod2615
10-26-2013, 09:15 PM
It's pretty obnoxious and petty to be honest. "Thank you god, for letting me score this touchdown"...I mean seriously?

lol at this being "obnoxious"

montecarlo
10-26-2013, 11:55 PM

you seem a little obsessed.

ShweezyBTFO
10-27-2013, 12:37 AM
would lol if refs started flagging "prayer" celebrations as unsportsmanlike conduct. You're gonna take away all the entertaining shiit and leave us with this cut and dry religious garbage? Strong agenda.

EDIT:

Right on cue, in after a typical 0/10 post from the least intelligent poster on this site.

Zylantypic
10-27-2013, 01:23 AM

Your boy C.Ronaldo is probably the worst, he does it every single chance he gets.

Poolee32
10-27-2013, 01:49 AM

Really hope this is a troll post.

Why should kids that have dreamed of going to PSU to be athletes since they were kids be penalized? Why should students who love PSU not get the option to attend sporting events because of something that was out of their control? The guilty parties were charged and taken care of the way society deemed it necessary. Being a christian and abiding by your values you wouldn't judge the people sending their kids to their alma mater rather turn the other cheek and know that god has a better plan for them. But since there is no invisible man in the sky, it's all moot.

IsLifeRealLife
10-27-2013, 02:20 AM
Meh...don't really care about the celebrations but I do get annoyed when players say "god" after every sentence in their press conference or w/e. I can understand once in the beginning and maybe one more at the end but anything more than that is just over the top -- no need to inflict your religion on everyone else.

SpiderSense
10-27-2013, 02:45 AM

Anddddd that was where the thread officially ended.

Impurityz
10-27-2013, 03:08 AM
Maybe they are thanking God for the opportunity to do what they are doing? Some of those kids come from a not so glamorous background and use collegiate sports as a way to get an education and more.

this...
or their health... etc...

kyleTX
10-27-2013, 03:54 AM
waiting for someone to change things up and thank satan

ArchangelDante
10-27-2013, 04:40 AM
Sometimes they point to the sky as if a dead loved one is watching them, either way don't cut yourself on that edge OP.

ShweezyBTFO
10-27-2013, 04:59 AM

some athlete with a reputation for being a clown needs to do this.

"Yeah I'd like to thank Lucifer for making this possible. Thanks Uncle Lu!"

multicultural
10-27-2013, 05:06 AM
For example, during the current Ohio State/Penn State game, everytime OSU makes a touchdown, a football player "prays" and points up at the sky, thanking God. What the heck are you pointing up at, nimbostratus clouds above and thanking an invisible fairy? Besides, why would an invisible imaginary being want to be involved in a football game? These football players should thank their skills and what they have learned for winning, not the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Makes me sick to my stomach.

I believe in god. U mad ?

Kv492
10-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Why didn't you become a pro football player so you could thank whoever you wanted?

lsiberian
10-27-2013, 06:04 AM
Why so serious OP? He's not doing you any harm.

Calhexas
10-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Oh this thread again?

rayallenscalves
10-27-2013, 07:22 AM

Bro dont be so damn dense. I definitely see where OP I coming from. This politically correct religion bullcrap needs to go. Do you know how many evil things are done in the name of religion? Slavery, bullying, torture, circumcision, discrimination etc.

Brb George bush saying god bless America. Brb turning around and sending 10,000 armed troops plus tanks boats and planes to foreign countries to go consolidate their resources. Anybody thanking god is pretty much an oxymoron at this point, with OP 100%.

And I definitely don't label myself as an atheist, I believe in the power of Mother Nature if that makes sense.. Yin, yang, hot, cold, male, female, fire, water, etc. but lets be honest organized religion is mostly bull. It's always been about money and controlling the masses. Brb 2000bc, huge class disparity, tell the poor that there going to heaven so they'll be content living in shtty conditions on earth

Religion is cool if people use it to better themselves, but I just use basic morals and common sense to be a good person. I'm not going to be politically correct and thank god for everything. If god is real then why does he let people starve and why does he let 90% of all governments in history become corrupt

Ramrod2615
10-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Brb George bush saying god bless America. Brb turning around and sending 10,000 armed troops plus tanks boats and planes to foreign countries to go consolidate their resources. Anybody thanking god is pretty much an oxymoron at this point, with OP 100%.

Football players who thank God=George Bush?

rayallenscalves
10-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Jack black did it at a nickelodean awards ceremony.. Look it up! He blatantly thanks satan. (Whom isn't real) but still, you don't say things like that when you know how devil-phobic the world is nowadays. That's the biggest rustler possible

It's just really sad that you hav self proclaimed Christians that do drugs, fornicate, lie cheat, steal, and get tattoos. Religion has pretty much lost credibility imo but people continue to soak it up cause they can't accept the fact that we all have to die someday. And I'm 19

Brb ray Lewis thanking god and Jesus Christ that his wife chose to make wafflles today

rayallenscalves
10-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Football players who thank God=George Bush?

Why take one quote out of context? I'm saying that we live in a society where being religious is the norm and most fall in line not due to faith, but just to look good.

MontelWilliams
10-27-2013, 07:33 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/27/7d/277dfe_1109856.jpg

god be trolling

Ramrod2615
10-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Why take one quote out of context? I'm saying that we live in a society where being religious is the norm and most fall in line not due to faith, but just to look good.

So whats your point? You dont like religion. Other people do. As a non-religious person myself Im having a hard time understanding the point of any of your and OP's butthurt rants.