PDA

View Full Version : When your grand children ask you why Brady won his 3 superbowls early on...

QuizMaster
10-26-2013, 01:12 PM
When your grand children ask you why Brady won all of his 3 superbowls early on in his career what will you say?

His defense wasn't good enough later on?
He took up too much of the cap space?
The Gisele curse?
The kicker signed with the Colts?
Didn't have the luxury of spy gate anymore?
Karma?
Just a coincidence?

scotyg
10-26-2013, 01:13 PM
defense

stevedarsh
10-26-2013, 01:15 PM
he was two plays away from being 5-0

3lixer
10-26-2013, 01:18 PM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/2BD9/i-don-t-always-cry/image.png

http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tom-brady-crying-elite-daily.jpg

EastCoastNiner
10-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I'll tell them about how he had the greatest winning percentage in NFL history, played in the salary cap era, and was at least a two time regular season MVP as well as two time Super Bowl MVP.

It's interesting you mention this as I was just reading this:

http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9781600786365_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Suit
10-26-2013, 01:21 PM
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/weswelker2.jpg

MattLAX0473
10-26-2013, 01:50 PM
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/weswelker2.jpg

ha yea its Welkers fault Brady threw that ball high and to the wrong side.

BigDawg69
10-26-2013, 02:01 PM
i legit think it's Giselle's fault, mainly just life in general though. He's not as hungry as he was a young player and doesn't put in as much work on his mechanics and film study as he did before he had a wife and kids, which is understandable

sdballer5588
10-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Brady is the GOAT, and that is what I will tell them.

EastCoastNiner
10-26-2013, 02:06 PM
i legit think it's Giselle's fault, mainly just life in general though. He's not as hungry as he was a young player and doesn't put in as much work on his mechanics and film study as he did before he had a wife and kids, which is understandable

http://i.imgur.com/5NvsU7O.gif

Please, show me where it's been said he doesn't put as much time in. I'm pretty sure I read he has been putting in the MOST time he's ever put in during film study and working with his rookie WR's.

sdballer5588
10-26-2013, 02:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5NvsU7O.gif

Please, show me where it's been said he doesn't put as much time in. I'm pretty sure I read he has been putting in the MOST time he's ever put in during film study and working with his rookie WR's.

Can't take haters opinion srs at all as a Brady fan. Srsly. Has there ever been people more delusional than Tom Brady's detractors? It's honestly ridiculous lol

HankScorp1o
10-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Can't take haters opinion srs at all as a Brady fan. Srsly. Has there ever been people more delusional than Tom Brady's detractors? It's honestly ridiculous lolThis. I used to think Brady haters were actually serious with their arguments, then I realized they were either one of, or a combination of these three things:

1. Envious
2. Trolling
3. Stupid

No point arguing with anyone who has that lethal combination of potato qualities.

TAWS6
10-26-2013, 03:04 PM
3 > 1

J2BDifferent
10-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Montana
Brady

2nd goat and nobody comes close to these two

TTexasTT
10-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Not many QBs have lost as many Superbowls as Brady. Hes getting near that Jim Kelly status.

Montana
Aikman

Brady

5x10
10-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Brady is the GOAT, and that is what I will tell them.yeah, you seem like someone who would lie to his own grand kids

ShweezyBTFO
10-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Brady is the GOAT, and that is what I will tell them.

Agreed, Jay-Z is the GOAT brah

HankScorp1o
10-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Not many QBs have lost as many Superbowls as Brady. Hes getting near that Jim Kelly status.

Montana
Aikman

Bradyhttp://www-thescore.s3.amazonaws.com/images/63807/original.gif?1358050950

Messiahtype
10-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Honestly, he should have had #4, but not #5. #4 was 100% the Giants D Line abusing the Pats O-line. To this day that was the worst pocket I have ever seen Brady have in his career. It was like a band of rabid dogs surrounding him.

aestheticsGSF
10-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Brady is the goat killed my team too many teams to not accept it.

Amaso
10-26-2013, 03:30 PM
one of the greatest game managers we've ever seen boys, just sit back and appreciate him while we still can

rampagefc77
10-26-2013, 03:31 PM

He was 2 plays away from not even making it to 2 of those superbowls at least... Brady has put up some of the worse AFC championship game performances. Check out his numbers in that game...

ItsWhatIDo

Wasn't he also a few missed field goals from being 0-5?

usersignup2
you are aware you're asking this question on misc? almost everyone here is an FA virgin.

they won't have grandchildren.

3lixer
10-26-2013, 03:35 PM
He should only have 2 rings

http://sportswars.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/temp-600-62537945.gif

DatBroKnight
10-26-2013, 03:36 PM

Montana
Aikman

Brady

You're supposed to have John Elway in there.

Aikman won every superbowl he went to. 3.

ShweezyBTFO
10-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Honestly, he should have had #4, but not #5. #4 was 100% the Giants D Line abusing the Pats O-line. To this day that was the worst pocket I have ever seen Brady have in his career. It was like a band of rabid dogs surrounding him.

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/thumb/1341/97/1341970009416s.jpg

Wasn't he also a few missed field goals from being 0-5?

How quickly they forget.

Brady is the goat killed my team too many teams to not accept it.

well at least we can rule out the Giants as "your" team.

DatBroKnight
10-26-2013, 03:41 PM
He should only have 2 rings

http://sportswars.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/temp-600-62537945.gif

Exactly.

Thanks refs.

Caesar1991
10-26-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm a huge Giants fan, but I would not argue with Brady being the GOAT QB. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I could understand someone's reasoning.

Zylantypic
10-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Why should he have 4? He shouldn't have even made the Super Bowl in 2011. One pathetic kicker got him into the Super Bowl, and if we count the Tuck rule, he shouldn't even have 3.

Plus Eli didn't overthrow Manningham in crunch time, WITH THE TIGHTEST OF SPACES. Brady had Welker wide open and missed him lol. That should be enough to show you which quarterback actually put his team in the best position to win that day. Brady d*ckriders are 10x worse than Brady haters. It seems like it's one extreme or the other. Nobody can actually discuss his legacy without being a bitter hater or a blind homer.

Coming from somebody who's team has beat the Pats 3 times in a row and has NO hate for them at all (except their fanbase) people like Excenyx and me can give you a non-biased view on this. Brady is a top 3 quarterback of all time, but everybody needs help around them to succeed. He had all the help in the world in 2007 and couldn't get it done, but I don't think any quarterback could have done anything in that situation vs that Giants D-Line. His legacy is a HOF quarterback being apart of a great situation with a great coach and having a very good collection of players for his SB runs.

EastCoastNiner
10-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Why should he have 4? He shouldn't have even made the playoffs in 2011. One pathetic kicker got him into the Super Bowl, and if we count the Tuck rule, he shouldn't even have 3.

Plus Eli didn't overthrow Manningham in crunch time, WITH THE TIGHTEST OF SPACES. Brady had Welker wide open and missed him lol. That should be enough to show you which quarterback actually put his team in the best position to win that day. Brady d*ckriders are 10x worse than Brady haters. It seems like it's one extreme or the other. Nobody can actually discuss his legacy without being a bitter hater or a blind homer.

Coming from somebody who's team has beat the Pats 3 times in a row and has NO hate for them at all (except their fanbase) people like Excenyx and me can give you a non-biased view on this. Brady is a top 3 quarterback of all time, but everybody needs help around them to succeed. He had all the help in the world in 2007 and couldn't get it done, but I don't think any quarterback could have done anything in that situation vs that Giants D-Line.

Why do people mention the tuck rule? It honestly makes no sense at all.

-It was the correct call.
-It had been called many times before.

Yes, it was a dumb rule, but it wasn't new, and it was called correctly.

Brady stacks up favorably against pretty much every QB in NFL history. His closest competition is Montana, and it's DAMN close. Name any QB that is near his caliber, and I'll let you know why Brady is better. I won't argue against Montana, although Brady has a strong case.

Zylantypic
10-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Why do people mention the tuck rule? It honestly makes no sense at all.

-It was the correct call.
-It had been called many times before.

Yes, it was a dumb rule, but it wasn't new, and it was called correctly.

Brady stacks up favorably against pretty much every QB in NFL history. His closest competition is Montana, and it's DAMN close. Name any QB that is near his caliber, and I'll let you know why Brady is better. I won't argue against Montana, although Brady has a strong case.
Because the rule was the Brady Rule, it was almost NEVER called against any other QBs. It was NOT called ''many times before'' lol (until this game happened, then it become a rule called all the time). The rule was ticky tacky and was called in the most random of situations, like that time, and that's why that Oakland game is still talked about. It was a fumble, his arm was falling backwards WAY before he got rid of the ball.

Nobody but bitter haters disagree about Brady's legacy of being a top 3 QB of all time, depending on how Peytons career ends (another SB this year, beating Brady head to head in the playoffs, which will be more fair to Brady this time since his D is better than Peytons, and maybe the same thing next year), Brady is still ahead of him..but who knows how it all ends.

Psyren
10-26-2013, 04:10 PM
It all started cause McNabb dun goofed

NewYorkGiants
10-26-2013, 05:01 PM
I will tell them about the savior, one Elisha Nelson Manning, and how he kept the GOAT from taking his throne.

(And Strahan, Tuck, Osi, JPP, Kiwanuka, Jay Alford, Barry Coefield, Linval Joseph, etc)

Then I will pull out the dvds and show them.

PureCardio
10-26-2013, 05:12 PM
I'll tell them about the 7 all pros he had on defense

HankScorp1o
10-26-2013, 06:27 PM
I'll tell them about how even the GOAT of GOATs can only be expected to be excellent, not perfect, and I'll point to Montana's 3 straight one-and-done's in the playoffs, as well as Pey-Pey's atrocious postseason record and the way he singlehandedly lost a Super Bowl to the Saints as examples of great players who just can't hold a torch to Lord Brady.

Babyframes
10-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Bottom line is no spygate, no rings. Stay mad

ShweezyBTFO
10-26-2013, 07:18 PM
I will tell them about the savior, one Elisha Nelson Manning, and how he kept the GOAT from taking his throne.

(And Strahan, Tuck, Osi, JPP, Kiwanuka, Jay Alford, Barry Coefield, Linval Joseph, etc)

Then I will pull out the dvds and show them.
fukkin biuriful

houtexans23
10-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Can't take haters opinion srs at all as a Brady fan. Srsly. Has there ever been people more delusional than Tom Brady's detractors? It's honestly ridiculous lol

legoat detractors, much worse

EastCoastNiner
10-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Because the rule was the Brady Rule, it was almost NEVER called against any other QBs. It was NOT called ''many times before'' lol (until this game happened, then it become a rule called all the time). The rule was ticky tacky and was called in the most random of situations, like that time, and that's why that Oakland game is still talked about. It was a fumble, his arm was falling backwards WAY before he got rid of the ball.

Good thing Mike Pereira has said it was called 150-200 times BEFORE and after the "tuck rule" game. It wasn't some out of the blue call like many morons like to think.

sdballer5588
10-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Why should he have 4? He shouldn't have even made the Super Bowl in 2011. One pathetic kicker got him into the Super Bowl, and if we count the Tuck rule, he shouldn't even have 3.

Coming from somebody who's team has beat the Pats 3 times in a row and has NO hate for them at all (except their fanbase) people like Excenyx and me can give you a non-biased view on this. Brady is a top 3 quarterback of all time, but everybody needs help around them to succeed. He had all the help in the world in 2007 and couldn't get it done, but I don't think any quarterback could have done anything in that situation vs that Giants D-Line. His legacy is a HOF quarterback being apart of a great situation with a great coach and having a very good collection of players for his SB runs.

Mind = obliterated that a game TYING kick means Brady would lose in OT at home lol