PDA

View Full Version : Wow strong racism from Dallas/ ESPN

stevedarsh
10-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Tony Romo with Larry Bird-like ability

“I think that the No. 1 trait for Tony Romo as a quarterback is instincts,” coach Jason Garrett said. “He’s got a great feel for the game. He’s got just kind of this funny way of getting away from people."

His athleticism is an underappreciated part of his game. But quarterbacks like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have a subtle way of side-stepping defenders even if they are not blessed with the greatest physical talents (aside from their right arms, of course).

“I think you can be an elusive guy without being overly skilled, overly impressed from a motor skills standpoint -- guys who run fast and jump high and have this rare quickness,” Garrett said. “There have been some great athletes through the years who kind of get away from people. The great Larry Bird seemed to get away from people for a long time, right?”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/93616/tony-romo-with-larry-bird-like-ability

high motor guys
great football IQ
scrappy

Love Pirate
10-26-2013, 11:41 AM
So does Tebow fit the stereotype of a black QB??

Athletic, strong, not a great passer...

Fahnestock
10-26-2013, 11:47 AM
inb4 Teddy Bridgewater scouting report includes "deceptively intelligent".

stevedarsh
10-26-2013, 11:51 AM

"he may not be overly smart, not overly able to read, but boy can he learn all the routes"

FeFocus
10-26-2013, 12:04 PM
"he may not be overly smart, not overly able to read, but boy can he learn all the routes"

Read defenses. Stop reaching...

If IQ isn't high, it's just the way it is. Reality bites.

copiusGains
10-26-2013, 12:16 PM

I'm black and I actually lol'd irl...lol repped cuz :)

rayallenscalves
10-26-2013, 12:28 PM
So does Tebow fit the stereotype of a black QB??

Athletic, strong, not a great passer...

It's pretty messed up that we've allowed stereotypes to define ourselves. Instead of being a QB Cam Newton has to be a black QB, same with Tebow. People should just be allowed to play the game, this goes for all sports. It's not fair to say Jason Williams is a black point guard, he's just a guy with skills imo.