PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is going to be a free agnet. (oh lawd)

frezKo
10-25-2013, 05:04 PM
http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nba/lakers-to-let-kobe-be-free-agent-next-year

Lakers vice president Jim Buss reportedly says the team will let Kobe Bryant become a free agent after the 2013-14 season.

Tucked into the bottom of T.J. Simers' Oct. 24 column is quite the nugget: The Lakers are supposedly going to let Kobe Bryant become a free agent at the end of this season.

That may or may not mean much by the time this season ends. Bryant, 34, is attempting to return from a ruptured Achilles tendon, and the odds are against him.

But there is possibility that Bryant will not finish his career in purple and gold, and that 20 years from now you'll find a Kobe Bryant jersey in some other color at a thrift store and go, "Oh yeah..."

"He becomes a free agent at the end of the season, and Jim Buss says because of the pay structure of the NBA, the Lakers will allow Kobe to become a free agent," Simers writes. "He says he has talked to Kobe and believes they have an understanding, Bryant waiting as a free agent while the team spends to upgrade and then using what is left over to pay Kobe. 'Weve probably talked,' says Kobe while being somewhat vague, 'but Im putting off any thought of that.' "

sickkuntj
10-25-2013, 05:05 PM
inb4 he goes to Heat

OutWorkedByNo1
a free agnet?

what dat?

TerellOwens
if he wants another ring he knows which beach he should take his talents to

pakmansc300
10-25-2013, 05:06 PM
INB4 dynasty with the Bulls

AirCanada
10-25-2013, 05:10 PM
This is like the least newsworthy thing I've ever read. His contract is due to expire, of course he's going to be a free agent. So was Duncan either last summer or the one before it. They obviously aren't going to start discussing an extension without seeing what Free Agents are interested in going to LA so they can plan Kobe's contract around that. Not to mention the whole 35 years old and coming off an Achilles rupture, so people won't even have an idea of what type of salary he should be getting until he actually plays games.

pg2tall
10-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Kobe and Wiggins in Philly. Ut oh. lol

Bezzz
10-25-2013, 05:11 PM
He's going to take a pay cut and Melo or Lebron will come to LA.

StrongM477
10-25-2013, 05:12 PM
he'd be a decent 6th man for the heat i guess

skizz
10-25-2013, 05:14 PM
This is like the least newsworthy thing I've ever read. His contract is due to expire, of course he's going to be a free agent. So was Duncan either last summer or the one before it. They obviously aren't going to start discussing an extension without seeing what Free Agents are interested in going to LA so they can plan Kobe's contract around that. Not to mention the whole 35 years old and coming off an Achilles rupture, so people won't even have an idea of what type of salary he should be getting until he actually plays games.

exactly this.

sickkuntj
10-25-2013, 05:16 PM
He's going to take a pay cut and Melo or Lebron will come to LA.

Lebron won't go to LA. It's too much pressure.

jross2021
10-25-2013, 05:23 PM
inb4 he goes to thunder

best chance at a title
loves westbrook "lil mamba"
reunited with fisher

SompletelyCober
10-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Lebron won't go to LA. He doesn't feel like taking over Shaq's role and gifting Kobe another ring.

Fixed

brb_ballin
10-25-2013, 05:38 PM
best chance at a title
loves westbrook "lil mamba"
reunited with fisher

Kobe and Westbrook fighting over the ball, no touches for KD and still weak at C other than mean muggin

Terrible move for OKC

frezKo
10-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Kobe and Westbrook fighting over the ball, no touches for KD and still weak at C other than mean muggin

Terrible move for OKC

if kobe moved to okc. okc would win 5 titles

METALxGEAR
10-25-2013, 05:44 PM

No, stop son, jus stop

cashinout
10-25-2013, 05:45 PM

lmao

if kobe even plays 3 more years i'll be impressed

Psyren
10-25-2013, 05:49 PM
fuark Kobe going to Philly would be cool since his hometown hates him but he said he doesn't want to tarnish his legacy leaving the lakers and having us watch his game decline.

I hope he'd retire before leaving LA.

FGCHENG
10-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Kobe ain't goin anywhere, he'll retire for good before he even toys with the idea of wearing another uniform.

GetBigyo
10-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah, im sure the poverty Sixers would be foaming out the mouth to sign a close to 37 year old chucker who will probably get at least 15 on the open market.

MurkinSeason
10-25-2013, 06:30 PM
He aint going no where

NYSackExchange
10-25-2013, 06:32 PM
He aint going no where
This, why won't people just accept this fact. He will always be a Laker.

Nutellabruh
10-25-2013, 06:32 PM
He would never leave the Lakers.

uanjum
10-25-2013, 06:33 PM
inb4 he comes to the rockets!!

bezarker
10-25-2013, 07:01 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Jfwp2mBZCUc/maxresdefault.jpg

frezKo
10-25-2013, 07:03 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Jfwp2mBZCUc/maxresdefault.jpg

I saw that ****ing video. will smith, ll cool jay, eddie murphy or what ever his ****ing name is he is a contradicting phaggot. a turtle knows more about the nba than he does.

HoustonMiscer
10-25-2013, 07:11 PM
I saw that ****ing video. will smith, ll cool jay, eddie murphy or what ever his ****ing name is he is a contradicting phaggot. a turtle knows more about the nba than he does.

Was lulzy but he should of slapped the chit out of Cari Champion when she raised her voice at him, srs. If I were Nelly I would've been like "bish don't you fukking dare raise your voice at me you fukking sloot whore. The fukk outta here bish. Give a nikka a 500 Liter glass so a nikka can fish out all dat semen from your stank ass poon you fukking diry whore." Semisrs.

CalmWind
10-25-2013, 07:15 PM
He would never leave the Lakers.

buahhaa

where were you when he demanded a trade in 07

lowroller21212
10-25-2013, 07:30 PM
they'll re-sign him for less money though, all been arranged

http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/basketball-reasons.jpg

/thread

CurryTech777
10-25-2013, 09:25 PM
buahhaa

where were you when he demanded a trade in 07

all great players should be upset about a ****ty franchise

you know the bulls almost traded mj to the clippers right? and when told this, MJ was all for it. The bulls kept him just because of money reasons. Kids these days

GingerBrah
10-25-2013, 09:41 PM
I could see him leaving LA, he's come right out and said all he cares about are rings at this point in his career, he prolly realizes he won't be able to get one in LA

SYST3M4T1C
10-25-2013, 09:41 PM
He's not going anywhere lol

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9880132/jim-buss-says-los-angeles-lakers-let-kobe-bryant-free-agent

GetBig0rDieTryn
10-25-2013, 10:24 PM
People are naive if you don't think Kobe would leave. He wants wins to win, period. It all depends if L.A. can make some moves and get a Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook type. Kobe has no loyalty with this Laker management. Another variable is if Phil Jackson comes back and coaches the Knicks. He'd definitely sign there or a place like Chicago, places with legit markets. He wants to finish his career with legit chances at titles.

eljobber
10-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Kobe to Miami BOOK IT

Phaze2
10-25-2013, 10:48 PM
inb4 he goes to Boston to pair up with his favorite player in Rondo. Wiggins might be there too.

00o
10-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Kobe to Miami BOOK IT

By the time he goes to Miami, Lebron would become a free agent as well. What makes you think Bron Bron will sign an extension?

XeReaZ
10-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Was lulzy but he should of slapped the chit out of Cari Champion when she raised her voice at him, srs. If I were Nelly I would've been like "bish don't you fukking dare raise your voice at me you fukking sloot whore. The fukk outta here bish. Give a nikka a 500 Liter glass so a nikka can fish out all dat semen from your stank ass poon you fukking diry whore." Semisrs.

Yea well thats not nelly, you bish dont you fukking dare make a mistake like that you fukking sloot whore. Its Chris Tucker.

rayallenscalves
10-26-2013, 06:15 AM
lmao

if kobe even plays 3 more years i'll be impressed

Please refer to my user title...

Jerry rice put up 900 recieving yards at age 40....Hakeem at 50 still looks fluid and can dunk. Kobe isn't some scrub dude, he's got another 6-7 years of averaging 15ppg 7 ast 4rpg If he can put his ego aside. And to all the Kobe haters ITT, yeah he's such a ballhog! When he was on the Olympic team with Melo and LeBron didnt you see how much they were fighting for the ball? Not srs. He's a grown man and a 17 year vet who can fit Into any offense he wants. Kobe to Brooklyn

rayallenscalves
10-26-2013, 06:20 AM
People are naive if you don't think Kobe would leave. He wants wins to win, period. It all depends if L.A. can make some moves and get a Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook type. Kobe has no loyalty with this Laker management. Another variable is if Phil Jackson comes back and coaches the Knicks. He'd definitely sign there or a place like Chicago, places with legit markets. He wants to finish his career with legit chances at titles.

Lakers would've been serious contenders last year with Shaw or Jackson. Brb d'antoni claiming Dwight and Pau couldn't play together, that coach is not the right fit for the lakers. Not only did he turn that team into a debacle he essentially tore Kobe's ACL because of making it such a run and gun game instead of a cerebral one. With Jerry buss dead Kobe needs to get the hell out of there. Dwight Howard had 50 double doubles last year and the lakers still ran him out of town. Jerry turning over in his grave

frezKo
10-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Please refer to my user title...

Jerry rice put up 900 recieving yards at age 40....Hakeem at 50 still looks fluid and can dunk. Kobe isn't some scrub dude, he's got another 6-7 years of averaging 15ppg 7 ast 4rpg If he can put his ego aside. And to all the Kobe haters ITT, yeah he's such a ballhog! When he was on the Olympic team with Melo and LeBron didnt you see how much they were fighting for the ball? Not srs. He's a grown man and a 17 year vet who can fit Into any offense he wants. Kobe to Brooklyn

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/957/904/brad-cooper-bro-gif_original.gif?1373293005

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

ITzChurch
10-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Lakers would've been serious contenders last year with Shaw or Jackson. Brb d'antoni claiming Dwight and Pau couldn't play together, that coach is not the right fit for the lakers. Not only did he turn that team into a debacle he essentially tore Kobe's ACL because of making it such a run and gun game instead of a cerebral one. With Jerry buss dead Kobe needs to get the hell out of there. Dwight Howard had 50 double doubles last year and the lakers still ran him out of town. Jerry turning over in his grave

u fkn wot?

AirCanada
10-26-2013, 07:18 AM
So much for this topic.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230413/Lakers-Expect-To-Sign-Extension-With-Kobe-Bryant-Before-His-Free-Agency

AreolaBorealis
10-26-2013, 08:23 AM
inb4 he goes to Boston to pair up with his favorite player in Rondo. Wiggins might be there too.The only time Wiggins will ever step foot in Boston is when the Raptors play the Celtics.

lee4
10-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Kobe will not leave LA... unless LA folds... and they won't. They're going to add pieces, like they always manage to, and Bean will take a cut to be a leader/legacy to lead the next generation of Lakers. Kobe's money in endorsement on a contender is worth more than his salary. He'd have to be stupid to undercut his own value/image for a couple quick bucks at a point in his career when he knows he's unable to shoulder an entire franchise load.

Kobe will turn into Kareem/Duncan/Drexler/Wade,etc.

rayallenscalves
10-26-2013, 09:23 AM
u fkn wot?

Good Job Nitpicking The Difference Between An Achilles And ACL, Great Post

ITzChurch
10-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Good Job Nitpicking The Difference Between An Achilles And ACL, Great Post

I know this is said quite a bit in sports misc but you are seriously becoming the worst poster on this board

rwil118
10-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Last piece for Rockets championship run!!

rayallenscalves
10-26-2013, 11:33 AM
I know this is said quite a bit in sports misc but you are seriously becoming the worst poster on this board

But You Can't Refute My Points...So What Does That Make You? Ill Give You A Multiple Choice

A) An Plebeian Mouthbreather
B) An NeckBeard Phaggot

frezKo
10-26-2013, 12:23 PM
But You Can't Refute My Points...So What Does That Make You? Ill Give You A Multiple Choice

B) An NeckBeard Phaggot

C none of the above?

ITzChurch
10-26-2013, 01:25 PM

B) An NeckBeard Phaggot

I'm not trying to refute your points..I'm pointing out you dont know the difference between an ACL injury and achilles phaggot. Also you type like a fkn phaggot..stop that ****