PDA

View Full Version : Gortat traded for Okafor

AirCanada
10-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Gortat, Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown, and Malcolm Lee for Emeka Okafor and a top 12 protected 2014 pick.

Wiz are baking hard. Wall/Beal = hnnnnng...no way they're not the 6 or 7 seed in the East this year.

Jon85
10-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Suns going to be baking in 2-3 years

NYSackExchange
10-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Suns going full tank this year eh?

Should be a good race between them and Philly

pg2tall
10-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Boston gonna tank too.

I don't think anyone will come close to being as bad as Philly.

They are cutting dudes that should easily be on the team. Now they might not even bring Noel in to play this season and sit him out all year.

BertDiggler
10-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Phx might have 4 1st round picks?? Jealous as ****

BullBoy8
10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
If Suns and 76ers draft well, as well as Orlando. Those will be some of the top teams of the NBA in 3-5 years.

*DH*
10-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Love it. I called out one of the Suns FO reps at a season ticket event they had. I told him we're talking about building young, yet we have guys like Butler and Gortat. Both are now traded. Thank you Suns. We love you.

AirCanada
10-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Love it. I called out one of the Suns FO reps at a season ticket event they had. I told him we're talking about building young, yet we have guys like Butler and Gortat. Both are now traded. Thank you Suns. We love you.

I don't even

Backus21
10-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Gortat is a really solid big man. He needed a switch from Phx because that was bad as soon as he arrived there. Hope he does well because he was a beast in Orl. Wall/Beal/Porter/Nene/Gortat is a solid group with Brown, Marshall, and Singleton off the bench

Oranix
10-25-2013, 06:01 PM
wizards are bake. i see playoffs for sure. Beal is a beast.

AlextheWall
10-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Phoenix Tankers. If they get one of Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Gordon they will be legit in a few years though.

skizz
10-25-2013, 06:16 PM
good on the suns and wizards.

Wizards are a playoff team and Suns are no longer forever mediocre

MTCC
10-25-2013, 06:51 PM
good on the suns and wizards.

Wizards are a playoff team and Suns are no longer forever mediocre

They're about to shop dragic for more draft picks too

BeachBrah22
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Cleveland vs. Washington finna be must watch this season

21Classic
10-25-2013, 10:20 PM
U mirin the 4 1st round picks?

the way the phaggot NBA lotto ball system works, the Suns end up with both Wiggins and Parker. lol

srsly tho, that system is so ****ed up. Why cant they do the draft like any other normal sport? Go by record. Worst team gets #1 and so on.

lee4
10-25-2013, 10:23 PM
no one is tanking with better future prospects than PHX, thanks largely to their new FO.

21Classic
10-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Suns new GM reminds me of that little fat kid from Moneyball. Billy Beans nerd assistant whos a guru with numbers and finding player value.

Thats our new GM. His staff wizarded up the trade that got us Bledsoe too.

SteezeFactory
10-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Phoenix Suns 2014, we tank mode now! They better get a top two pick, don't fukk this up ping pong balls.

ElMariachi
10-26-2013, 01:25 AM

LOL, this. Errrybody getting into that Wiggins sweepstakes.

ElMariachi
10-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Phoenix Suns 2014, we tank mode now! They better get a top two pick, don't fukk this up ping pong balls.

Suns franchise has been cursed since Kareem. They could end up with the best chance for the #1 pick and most likely still get stuck with #4 or #5.

ElMariachi
10-26-2013, 01:27 AM

the way the phaggot NBA lotto ball system works, the Suns end up with both Wiggins and Parker. lol

srsly tho, that system is so ****ed up. Why cant they do the draft like any other normal sport? Go by record. Worst team gets #1 and so on.

Yeah but doing it straight-up doesn't allow the NBA to rig the draft lottery...duh :P

Suns have how many first rounders in 2014 now...3.....4?

ElMariachi
10-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Gortat is a really solid big man. He needed a switch from Phx because that was bad as soon as he arrived there. Hope he does well because he was a beast in Orl. Wall/Beal/Porter/Nene/Gortat is a solid group with Brown, Marshall, and Singleton off the bench

Nonsense. He was a beast when Nash was still on the team and looked outstanding. Last season the whole roster was completely ****ed and Gortat stopped giving a damn. He could be a very good player for Washington.

ElMariachi
10-26-2013, 01:34 AM
Miles Plumlee fitting to be the starting center for the Suns now, oh lawd. Okafor may not play at all this season.

nvrstopworking
10-26-2013, 01:36 AM
Nonsense. He was a beast when Nash was still on the team and looked outstanding. Last season the whole roster was completely ****ed and Gortat stopped giving a damn. He could be a very good player for Washington.

This. ^^^ Gortat's best season was with Nash in PHX. Hopefully he can duplicate that with Wall in WAS.

Some rumours going around that he may start @ C and Nene may move the the 4.... if that happens I like the Wiz lineup even more.

PG - Wall
SG - Beal
SF - Ariza
PF - Nene
C - Gortat

Nice.

BIRDLOVERS
10-26-2013, 02:04 AM
lol suns have the potential to have 4 first round picks in 2014...can they get wiggens?

JWilli9m
10-26-2013, 02:19 AM
lol suns have the potential to have 4 first round picks in 2014...can they get wiggens?

check out this starting lineup

Lol at this starting lineup

PG 1A: Bledsoe
PG 2A: Dragic
SF: PJ Tucker
PF: Morris (not sure which one)
C: Plumlee (again, dunno which one)

Watch out Philadelphia

ElMariachi
10-26-2013, 02:25 AM

It alll depends on how the lottery goes for them, but they should have one of the very best chances at landing the #1 pick. Beyond that, they look to have 3 more picks between 13-22, so in a deep draft they should be able to acquire some solid talent with those as well.

beertank23
10-26-2013, 03:14 AM
Gortat is a really solid big man. He needed a switch from Phx because that was bad as soon as he arrived there. Hope he does well because he was a beast in Orl.

Nash made Gortat look like an all-star for a year there!!

OutWorkedByNo1
10-26-2013, 03:53 AM
check out this starting lineup

Lol at this starting lineup

PG 1A: Bledsoe
PG 2A: Dragic
SF: PJ Tucker
PF: Morris (not sure which one)
C: Plumlee (again, dunno which one)

Watch out Philadelphia

they'll probably deal Dragic as well.

rayallenscalves
10-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Wiggins is so overrated, his coach said he's not even the best on his team.. Also there's no such thing as tanking, just rebuilding. You still have to dress a roster every night to go out and play. Guys aren't out here PoInT ShAvInG 4 WiGgINZ cuz.

AirCanada
10-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Miles Plumlee fitting to be the starting center for the Suns now, oh lawd. Okafor may not play at all this season.

But who was Alex Len?

lee4
10-26-2013, 10:13 AM
^^^first off, Len won't start IMO because he's still fresh off of this injury and reports are saying he's not really NBA ready yet. he's still holding potential way above Plumlee, but Plum's likely to get initial starts until they believe Len is ready. the last thing they want to do is crush his confidence or re-injure him right off of the bat.

second, for those speaking highly of Gortat, they're right. moreover, he performs better with a secondary big next to him to shoulder some of the weight...which Nene provides in spades. with a high energy, young backcourt the Wiz are looking at a solid season. I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak into the middle of the east (especially considering how much better they did LAST year after wall returned). however, I also have decent expectations for cleveland as well. the more time that goes by the more I like the Bennet selection.

third, and lastly, PHX is cursed when it comes to the draft. however, that is irrelevant this year as the ENTIRE TOP FIVE are considered franchise players at this point... a position PHX is all but guaranteed. the potential of three additional picks leaves PHX with...

1. A franchise player Top 5 pick in 2014
2. Cap Space for a Max Star.
3. Three added 2014 picks in "the deepest draft in decades" that may be used individually or packaged to move up/trade.
4. Dragic, Bledsoe as future G's (trade pieces or tandem, either works fine)
5. Young Center to spread the floor in Alex Len.
6. Archie Goodwin, who I'm already stoked about but aware he's going to take a couple years to develop...future monster/game changer.

while others are tanking, the suns are doing it while quietly stacking the deck.

MARK MY WORDS...Suns are Conference Contenders at a minimum within the next 3 years at most. McD is a McMiracleworker.

ElMariachi
10-26-2013, 03:12 PM
^^^first off, Len won't start IMO because he's still fresh off of this injury and reports are saying he's not really NBA ready yet. he's still holding potential way above Plumlee, but Plum's likely to get initial starts until they believe Len is ready. the last thing they want to do is crush his confidence or re-injure him right off of the bat.

second, for those speaking highly of Gortat, they're right. moreover, he performs better with a secondary big next to him to shoulder some of the weight...which Nene provides in spades. with a high energy, young backcourt the Wiz are looking at a solid season. I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak into the middle of the east (especially considering how much better they did LAST year after wall returned). however, I also have decent expectations for cleveland as well. the more time that goes by the more I like the Bennet selection.

third, and lastly, PHX is cursed when it comes to the draft. however, that is irrelevant this year as the ENTIRE TOP FIVE are considered franchise players at this point... a position PHX is all but guaranteed. the potential of three additional picks leaves PHX with...

1. A franchise player Top 5 pick in 2014
2. Cap Space for a Max Star.
3. Three added 2014 picks in "the deepest draft in decades" that may be used individually or packaged to move up/trade.
4. Dragic, Bledsoe as future G's (trade pieces or tandem, either works fine)
5. Young Center to spread the floor in Alex Len.
6. Archie Goodwin, who I'm already stoked about but aware he's going to take a couple years to develop...future monster/game changer.

while others are tanking, the suns are doing it while quietly stacking the deck.

MARK MY WORDS...Suns are Conference Contenders at a minimum within the next 3 years at most. McD is a McMiracleworker.

This, McDonough is kicking ass so far, if the Suns by some miracle wind up with Wiggins or hell, even someone like Randle, plus a major free agent signing, they'll be back in the mix sooner rather than later.

NYSackExchange
10-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Wiggins is so overrated, his coach said he's not even the best on his team.. Also there's no such thing as tanking, just rebuilding. You still have to dress a roster every night to go out and play. Guys aren't out here PoInT ShAvInG 4 WiGgINZ cuz.
lol, there is very much such a thing as tanking. You still have to dress a roster, you just happen to be doing it with D leaguers, rookies, and castoffs who can't compete with anyone in the NBA.

Obviously players don't want to lose and they're still playing to win, they're just not good enough.

yourname2221
10-26-2013, 03:35 PM

It's supposed to prevent tanking. lulz

hardestgainer
10-26-2013, 03:57 PM
So how much cap space are the suns gonna have for a free agent? Enough to get into a bidding war with Cleveland over lebron? Or Melo since he seems to want to shop around his options

lee4
10-26-2013, 05:17 PM
So how much cap space are the suns gonna have for a free agent? Enough to get into a bidding war with Cleveland over lebron? Or Melo since he seems to want to shop around his options

with a cap at ~59mil, next year the suns have 16mil guaranteed, 39 if all options used... leaving a minimum of 20mil on the table at the very least.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/phoenix-suns-team-salary

while i don't expect PHX to enter the lebron race, imagine...

C- Alex Len - 2nd Yr
F- LBJ
F- Andrew Wiggins - Rookie
G- Eric Bledsoe - 5th Yr
G- Goran Dragic - 7th Yr

+ Archie Goodwin (2nd Yr), 3-2014 1st Rounders, and roster filler via moves and current team members retained.

LBJ would be the oldest player on the team, with a roster set to win rings for ten more years. It would NEVER happen, but my dreams are still permitted! ;)

si1ver
10-26-2013, 07:21 PM
They're about to shop dragic for more draft picks too

they'll probably deal Dragic as well.
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/ThePlanetBunk/tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif
Dragic isn't going anywhere. Did you hear us crying about losing Nash last year? No, because Dragic took over and he's a beast (top 10 in assists in the NBA on a piece of sh*t team). PG is incredibly deep in this league which lowers his trade value plus he's more valuable to us than to any other team. To us he's worth more than Gortat but there is a 0.00% chance we get a top 10 pick for him. Like i said he's worth more to us than anyone else; brb helped us win playoff games and singlehandedly won one for us. Nash's best and true heir apparent. First NBA team to give him a chance, brb took a paycut to come here, willingly/happily shouldered burden of following Nash, came back to us even though we traded him away. I may feel a little strong about this but a large majority of Suns fans feel the same way. Fwiw, I had no problem trading Gortat or Scola and I loved Dudley but that was a great deal for us.

It would be absolute bull**** if we traded Goran Dragic. He's the ONLY starting caliber NBA player in the whole world that actually wants to play here. He came back to us when we needed him the most. He's productive, smart, plays hard, takes coaching, plays defense, on a reasonable deal, good example for the younger players and he WANTS to play for us. The best part is that he's still young enough that he can be on the next great Suns team. Goran Dragic is the only starting NBA player that wants to be here. He loves this team and loves playing here.

I'll be so pissed if we trade him. We already traded him once and it was a huge mistake.

http://imighthavestolethat.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/ifyoulovesomething2.jpg?w=720
http://www.bballmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Goran-Dragics-known-his-future-all-along.png

hardestgainer
10-26-2013, 09:29 PM
with a cap at ~59mil, next year the suns have 16mil guaranteed, 39 if all options used... leaving a minimum of 20mil on the table at the very least.

C- Alex Len - 2nd Yr
F- LBJ
G- Eric Bledsoe - 5th Yr
G- Goran Dragic - 7th Yr

+ Archie Goodwin (2nd Yr), 3-2014 1st Rounders, and roster filler via moves and current team members retained.

LBJ would be the oldest player on the team, with a roster set to win rings for ten more years. It would NEVER happen, but my dreams are still permitted! ;)

Im sure after a couple years Wiggins(or whoever we get out of that top 5 pick) will get resigned to a much bigger deal, but I dont see why they wouldnt atleast give it a shot with lbj. m not a big fan of his, but if they could afford him, no reason not to try and lure him away from going back to the Cavs. The suns having so many solid extra draft picks these next couple years Im sure would be very appealing to him.

montecarlo
10-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Suns franchise has been cursed since Kareem. They could end up with the best chance for the #1 pick and most likely still get stuck with #4 or #5.

this.

Spill512
10-26-2013, 10:28 PM
Wizards team is still garbage outside of Wall, Beal, and I guess Gortat. Nene is decrepit and perpetually injured.

YesWayNoWeigh
10-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Like the trade. Wiz woulda been bake last year if wall Wasnt hurt

PureCardio
10-26-2013, 11:56 PM

Getting a franchise changing player is worth so much more in the NBA than it does in the NFL. If all you had to do was take last in the league to get a player like LeBron James, teams would literally be fielding d-league rosters. I think the NBA has done it right, even though they rig it like phaggots.

Wizards team is still garbage outside of Wall, Beal, and I guess Gortat. Nene is decrepit and perpetually injured.
Team was above .500 with Wall last year if I recall. Gortat is a significant upgrade over Okafor, and Porter will provide better depth at SF.

ajn
10-27-2013, 12:02 AM

Even if Nene doesn't play a ton of games, Wall/Beal/Gortat is a good enough core to make the playoffs in the leastern conference

Only like 10 of the teams are even trying to make the playoffs. I think the Wiz could finish anywhere from 5th-7th. Cavs are too young, Hawks don't have a good backcourt, Raptors are probably gonna trade players midseason to get their tank on

Gortat is a legit two way center, this was a good move

Wall/Beal/Ariza/Nene/Gortat.. that's a better starting 5 (on O and D) than any Eastern team other than Miami, Chi, Bkn, Indy, and maybe NYK

ajn
10-27-2013, 12:31 AM

C- Alex Len - 2nd Yr
F- LBJ
G- Eric Bledsoe - 5th Yr
G- Goran Dragic - 7th Yr

I think a more viable (and likely) option for PHX would be to keep their own draft pick obviously, but use those other three first rounders as trade bait for an established star. Remember they picks are protected, so there's no guarantee you even claim them in the 2014 draft, and if you do none of them would be that high anyhow.

For example, Lamarcus Aldridge has been brought up in a lot of trade rumors. It's well known that the Blazers will deal him for the right price

So at the trade deadline you offer Portland three 2014 protected firsts + Dragic for Aldridge. If I'm Portland I do it ASAP. One it gives me a ton of picks to help rebuild from a deep draft. Two it makes my team much worse, increasing the chances of our own pick being high

So PHX finishes with a top 3 pick, you could be looking at a lineup of Bledsoe/Goodwin/Wiggins/Aldridge/Len for next season.. BEAST

Suns GM knows what he's doing

brb_ballin
10-27-2013, 04:38 AM
Wiggins isnt the only guy worth tanking for this year... hoping the Celts get Parker or Randle

lee4
10-27-2013, 10:48 AM
I think a more viable (and likely) option for PHX would be to keep their own draft pick obviously, but use those other three first rounders as trade bait for an established star. Remember they picks are protected, so there's no guarantee you even claim them in the 2014 draft, and if you do none of them would be that high anyhow.

For example, Lamarcus Aldridge has been brought up in a lot of trade rumors. It's well known that the Blazers will deal him for the right price

So at the trade deadline you offer Portland three 2014 protected firsts + Dragic for Aldridge. If I'm Portland I do it ASAP. One it gives me a ton of picks to help rebuild from a deep draft. Two it makes my team much worse, increasing the chances of our own pick being high

So PHX finishes with a top 3 pick, you could be looking at a lineup of Bledsoe/Goodwin/Wiggins/Aldridge/Len for next season.. BEAST

Suns GM knows what he's doing

i like your thinking. however, i think who we keep, if not both dragonblade, depends upon extending bledsoe. if bledsoe doesn't extend, he'll be the bait after showing the league what he's capable of with starter minutes. moreover, dragic is a proven killer who i DO NOT want to let go of. humble, happy, low-pay assassin that everyone overlooks (top ten AST on CRAP roster, 40% from down town and can create his own shot).

for those sleepin' on the dragon (remember, PHX was behind in the playoffs, against SA when the Spur-Slayer began!)
LLWjQ7nZTkI

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/4595650236_dca49084f2_o.jpg

another thing... your post forgets that we've got MAX STAR space. so, toss in any top tier UFA to that lineup. :)

say...
Alex Len (7'1)
Lemarcus Aldridge (6'11)
Lebron James (6'9)
Andrew Wiggins (6'8...yup, bump him to SG...talk about tall long athletic and VERSATILE defenders)
Dragic/Bledsoe (6'4/3'')

w/Goodwin as your Nitro off of the bench, Frye to fill minutes for Len/Aldridge, PJTucker bringing hustle help behind either LBJ or Wigs.

....oooohhhh i can TASTE that suns ring!!!!!!!!! (so long no fap)

monsterBEN
10-27-2013, 11:17 AM
The 1st round pick the Suns got is Top-14 protected, so it's not some potential jackpot pick.

lee4
10-27-2013, 11:47 AM
The 1st round pick the Suns got is Top-14 protected, so it's not some potential jackpot pick.

who or what is this in response to?

the suns record will guarantee them a top 5. they also get one unrestricted pick from IND, and two potential T-12/13 restricted picks (that carry over).

so next year it is likely that the suns will draft...
Pick 1= Spots 1-5
Picks 2&3= Spots 12-17
Pick 4 = Mid 20's.

Four 1st rounders in a draft this deep could easily provide a franchise tag, a potential all-star, and two serviceable role players. that's FANTASTIC by draft standards, and it isn't even counting second rounders.

*DH*
10-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I would love to get any of Wiggins, Parker, or Randle. All would be great fits.

For those putting my boy Archie on the bench...just LOL. Archie's gonna make so many people eat their words, it's not even funny. I'm gonna nickname him to word feeder.

Bledsoe will be our franchise PG, not Dragic. Dragic will most likely get traded by the deadline for another 1st round pick. Brb McD rallies up 5 first round picks. I honestly prefer Randle over all of them, but it's not like I wouldn't get a raging boner if we got Wiggins or Parker.

Bledsoe
Goodwin
Wiggins or Parker (somebody else if we get Randle)
Randle (somebody else if we get Wiggins/Parker)
Len

Promise you that, guys.

Now add Morris twins, Plumlee, Green, and Tucker, you got yourself a solid bench. This is taking into consideration we don't do anything else, which is unlikely.

Suns are slowly baking.