PDA

View Full Version : Washington Politically Correctors

Krazzer
10-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Better than Washington Bravehearts.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2013/oct/25/dan-snyder-neighbor-trademarks-washington-bravehea/

darknessmanX
10-25-2013, 01:17 PM
serious question.

how is Kansas City Chiefs or Chicago Blackhawks anymore politically correct than Washington Redskins?

scotyg
10-25-2013, 01:30 PM
serious question.

how is Kansas City Chiefs or Chicago Blackhawks anymore politically correct than Washington Redskins?

Chiefs dont draw their nickname from indians, it comes from a former mayor of kansas city who's nickname was "the chief"

Coolhandsluke
10-25-2013, 01:38 PM
fair enough.

and blackhawks?

Nobody watches hockey tho

jkjk

ItsWhatIDo
10-25-2013, 01:40 PM
serious question.

I thought we were always told that indian was politically incorrect. Yet we have the Cleveland Indians with a really recist looking logo.

betaphaggler
10-25-2013, 01:41 PM
fair enough.

and blackhawks?

It's named after a real person, go look it up yourself lazy phuck

Realism
10-25-2013, 01:41 PM
They should be the D.C. Black Holes.

Psyren
10-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Chocolate City Bravehearts

LeonardShelby
10-25-2013, 02:33 PM
I thought we were always told that indian was politically incorrect. Yet we have the Cleveland Indians with a really recist looking logo.

Actually today the politically correct term for original American natives is American Indian. The logo is definitely racist as fuu though.

jacklambert58
10-25-2013, 02:45 PM
serious question.

I think it has a lot to do with the dictionary definitions that clearly indicate that "redskins" is a derogatory term, unlike the others that have legitimate uses.

Honestly, I can't ever imagine myself going up to a native american I don't know & saying "what's up redskin." I could see myself going up to a member of a blackhawk tribe and asking him, "are you a blackhawk?"

Impurityz
10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
what about the eagles?

endangered species

jacklambert58
10-25-2013, 02:51 PM
what about the eagles?

endangered species

This is from Pro Football Talk:

“A good portion of people who have commented on this think I’m some sort of doctrinaire liberal left-wing guy, which people who know me would be very surprised to hear,” Costas said. ”So that sort of thing is discouraging. Not to me personally, but the way the discourse in the country is now, there’s less of a chance to have a nuanced conversation about the issues.”

“I refer you to the dictionary,” Costas said. “I consulted five. All five dictionaries I consulted define Redskins as pejorative, derogatory, insulting, offensive. Those were the four words used. None of those words — NONE — are part of any definition of Braves or Chiefs or any other team name associated with Native Americans. Now, sometimes, inappropriate symbols or inappropriate rituals can offend people when a team is known as Braves, Chiefs, Chippewas, whatever. But by definition, those names alone are not offensive. There’s no reason to change those names. You might want to reconsider some of the logos or some of the other things, but the names themselves are not offensive. The name Redskins, by definition, is.”

Still, anyone who points that out is a left-wing nut job who wants to systematically eradicate all Native American names and logos from American sports — and then move on to other human-based nicknames, followed by animals. Then plants. Then minerals. Then weather patterns. Then days of the week. Then months of the year.

That’s one of the go-to tactics for those who prefer to cover their ears and cry “la-la-la-not-listening” when someone like Costas is making cogent, reasonable, persuasive arguments against the ongoing use of the name “Redskins.” They oppose reasonable efforts to make changes by citing unreasonable fears regarding where change will lead.

ItsWhatIDo
10-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Actually today the politically correct term for original American natives is American Indian. The logo is definitely racist as fuu though.

Srs? So they went from saying it was racist, to now it is politically correct?

I am in DC. If it is offensive then they could change it. I don't care about a freakin name of a football team. Such bigger issues, but the news is using this as something to deflect to.

adamw5963
10-25-2013, 03:01 PM
I vote for the Washington Whiteskins. Of course people would find that racist though.

Also, since they are so politically correct maybe we should change the name of a few of our military choppers since those are called blackhawks and apache

Krazzer
10-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Also, since they are so politically correct maybe we should change the name of a few of our military choppers since those are called blackhawks and apache Those are next. Pretty soon, Taliban fighters are gonna be mowed down by a fleet of Butterflies.

MustardTiger17
10-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Costas had no problem announcing games for years, now he's gonna complain?

sknot1454
10-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Not that I want them to change their name, but Bravehearts is a bad ass name.

Just, for another team.

Haste007
10-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Washington Bailouts

Washington Congressmen of Peace

Good names to choose from

RogerSterling
10-25-2013, 05:52 PM
serious question.

"Chiefs" and "Blackhawks" are not slurs

adamw5963
10-25-2013, 05:57 PM
"Chiefs" and "Blackhawks" are not slurs

Yea but that's like calling white people "white" when its actually caucasian

RogerSterling
10-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Yea but that's like calling white people "white" when its actually caucasian

no it isn't

METALxGEAR
10-25-2013, 06:56 PM
All these phaggots keep bitching about a football team name f*ckin lol 100% of these morons don't even watch football.

xXBrutalXx
10-25-2013, 07:19 PM
i vote Washington Sell Outs

or keep Redskins but change the logo to a Potato with a tomahawk

bezarker
10-25-2013, 07:58 PM
serious question.

I dunno Chief you tell me...