PDA

View Full Version : Help with macronutrients breakdown

mommax4
10-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Happy Friday! :)

I'm a 128 lbs, 5'9" female (age 34, 4 kiddos, pretty active lifestyle), and workout 5-6 days per week with weights plus some slow stairmaster. In order for me to gain muscle, which is my goal (I've been working out great for 5 years but never carried about nutrition as I could wing it but now I want gains!), I've been researching and need about 2369 calories to eat in order to reach my goal of adding muscle mass. I understand the sources consistently need to come from lean meats, good fats, carbs (whole grains, veggies), fruit, veggies, etc.

My question is: how do I figure out my macronutrients breakdown? Does a 40 carbs/30 fats/30 protein split sound right? That would give me a 178 protein number which seems a bit high. I thought 40% protein but that's 237 grams - too much. I'm small framed but fit and looking to build muscle mass this next year.

I would appreciate any & all input.

mommax4
10-25-2013, 11:36 AM
I'd also love some higher calorie food ideas to throw in... I'm having trouble hitting my calories without making too much protein and fats.

cls91
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Read the Stickies (I'd recommend all of them), but particularly this one:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

All your current questions are covered in the Stickies; come back with any other questions you have.