PDA

View Full Version : Rate/ make changes to my bulking diet

tantrav726
10-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Current weight: 176.1
Body fat: Roughly 15%
Height: 6'2
motivation: Lets lift heavy ass weights and get super jacked brah!

I'm more of going for a "culk".

I stopped gaining weight around a month ago (went from 164 to 176 in about 4 months so about 3lbs a month)

Well enough of that Heres the meal plan and macros, if you think I need more or less and your experienced in bulking I'd love to hear some advice!

Breakfast:
1 Whole avacado
2 cups Brown rice
2 boiled eggs

672cal, 36g Fat, 105g carbs, 25g protein

Snack: 1 serving Gold standard Whey
120 Cal, 1gfat, 3g Carbs, 24g Protein

Lunch:
2 Cups Brown Rice
100g Chicken breast

597 Cal, 8g Fat, 90g Carbs, 41g Protein

Snack: Power Bar
210 Calories, 9g fat, 35g Carbs, 20g Protein

Dinner:
2 Cups Brown rice
100g Grilled chx

Post workout: Double Serving Gold standard Whey (with water)
240 Cal, 2g Fat, 6g Carbs, 48g Protein

Bedtime shake: 1 serving Casein Protein (gold standard)
120 Cal, 1g fat, 3g Carbs, 24g Protein

Somewhere else through out this day, I also need to have another Double Serving Gold standard Whey (with water), and 2tbs Peanut Butter.

TOTAL:
2751 Calories
77g Fat
341g Carbs
273g Protein

Thank you all for taking the time to review, critique, and edit my diet.

eriquee
10-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Drop protein to 0.82g/lb and fats to at least 0.4g/lb fill the rest of the calories with whatever you like.

Other than that macros look fine.

Also no need to list the foods you eat, it doesnt matter, only macros that matter. Assuming of course you eat a well balanced diet with vegetables.

WonderPug
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Why in the world would you eat so frequently and consume so much processed fast food (protein supplements)?

Protein: ~0.6 to ~0.8 grams per pound of bodyweight -- the highest amount justified by research. ([url=http://mennohenselmans.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/)

Fat: ~0.45 grams per pound of bodyweight -- the lowest amount implied by clinical observation.

Remaining caloric budget: whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer -- as implied by research. (http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa0804748)

ACE0809
10-25-2013, 09:59 AM
I could not see how someone could enjoy this kind of diet day in and day out. What is wrong with whole food?

Ppem
10-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Protein is too high IMO.. and why so much rice bro? get oat/vegetables to hit micronutrients

iNlKE
10-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Honestly, that is not enough calories. I am the same height and weight as you, and I bulk on at LEAST 3200.
I'd try upping your calorie intake to 3000 and adjust from there.

tantrav726
10-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Drop protein to 0.82g/lb and fats to at least 0.4g/lb fill the rest of the calories with whatever you like.

Other than that macros look fine.

Also no need to list the foods you eat, it doesnt matter, only macros that matter. Assuming of course you eat a well balanced diet with vegetables.

My fats are pretty much .4g per lb. But only .85 grams of protein per lb? That means i would be taking in 144g of protein per day? That doesn't seem like much

I could not see how someone could enjoy this kind of diet day in and day out. What is wrong with whole food?

I'm in the military and i work VERY long hours and days, I dont have the time to prep that much whole food. I wish i did

Mrpb
10-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Your protein need is only about 140 grams per day (0.8 x bw).

You can stop taking all your expensive whey shakes and save a lot of money.

What do you exactly mean? a slow bulk?

I've already read the Alan Aragon articles about it.

tantrav726
10-26-2013, 04:18 AM
Your protein need is only about 140 grams per day (0.8 x bw).

You can stop taking all your expensive whey shakes and save a lot of money.

What do you exactly mean? a slow bulk?

I've already read the Alan Aragon articles about it.

I just find that to be a very low amoun't of protein. but ill take everyones word for it, A culk is a "Clean bulk" You know like, not eating a Mcdouble in order to meet my calorie needs, all healthy whole foods/ shakes.

tara19
10-26-2013, 04:20 AM
I just find that to be a very low amoun't of protein. but ill take everyones word for it, A culk is a "Clean bulk" You know like, not eating a Mcdouble in order to meet my calorie needs, all healthy whole foods/ shakes.

Clean bulk refers to a small surplus of calories to minimise fat gain. Not healthy foods.
You can still eat a McDouble and clean bulk ;)

WMLifting
10-26-2013, 04:37 AM
I would consume more veggies, and less rice. Less protein powder in general. And finally consume the macronutrients others have given above ^.

A culk (Alan Aragon term) is given to those who eat at maintenance and take the lengthy linear progression of building muscle and losing fat (recomposition). It's lengthy, like the LeanGains results, and can be aggrivating.

IMO since you are no longer a adolescent/teen, I would recommend either a culk (maintenance) or clean bulk (10% surplus). Even though your hormone levels are still high, culks work best with beginners, overly fat individuals, and teens.

InItForFitness
10-26-2013, 05:56 AM

There are no "clean" foods OP, and there is no specific one food you consume throughout your daily nutrition that is going to make or break your results.
Eating McDonalds during a bulk will yield the same results as composing your diet of "healthy" foods.
Also the words "healthy whole foods" and "shakes" should not be in the same sentence (unless of course referring to utilizing whole foods INSTEAD OF SHAKES).

isaiah41v10
10-26-2013, 06:20 AM
Honestly, that is not enough calories. I am the same height and weight as you, and I bulk on at LEAST 3200.
I'd try upping your calorie intake to 3000 and adjust from there.

I would have to agree, even tho everyone's body is different I am about the same height and weight. I had to increase to 3200 cals to see weight gain. Calculations had me at about 3000 cals which was not enough. Not gonna start a war over supps but I def get what your saying about protein powders and convenience. But if you want more whole foods there are quick protein rich foods that you can eat on the go...like yogurt and cottage cheese.

ironwill2008
10-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Current weight: 176.1
Body fat: Roughly 15%
Height: 6'2
motivation: Lets lift heavy ass weights and get super jacked brah!

I stopped gaining weight around a month ago (went from 164 to 176 in about 4 months so about 3lbs a month)

Well enough of that Heres the meal plan and macros, if you think I need more or less and your experienced in bulking I'd love to hear some advice!

Breakfast:
1 Whole avacado
2 cups Brown rice
2 boiled eggs

672cal, 36g Fat, 105g carbs, 25g protein

Snack: 1 serving Gold standard Whey
120 Cal, 1gfat, 3g Carbs, 24g Protein

Lunch:
2 Cups Brown Rice
100g Chicken breast

Snack: Power Bar
210 Calories, 9g fat, 35g Carbs, 20g Protein

Dinner:
2 Cups Brown rice
100g Grilled chx

Post workout: Double Serving Gold standard Whey (with water)
240 Cal, 2g Fat, 6g Carbs, 48g Protein

Bedtime shake: 1 serving Casein Protein (gold standard)
120 Cal, 1g fat, 3g Carbs, 24g Protein

Somewhere else through out this day, I also need to have another Double Serving Gold standard Whey (with water), and 2tbs Peanut Butter.

TOTAL:
2751 Calories
77g Fat
341g Carbs
273g Protein

Thank you all for taking the time to review, critique, and edit my diet.

More protein than necessary.

Way too much reliance on supplements, not enough regular food.

No mention of fruit/veg or foods containing much fiber.

And finally, from your lack of weight gain, you're simply not eating enough.

tantrav726
10-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks everyone, most of you got repped