PDA

View Full Version : Howard-Harden partnership is too scary

EuropeanHammer
10-24-2013, 11:20 PM
LHnMmH7PORw

Go 10-11 from the field and score 24 points in 8 1/2 minutes together, inb4 pre-season.

Lol @ being under the 3 in anyone's ranking in the west
lol @ harden being a poor shooter
lol @ dwight being a cancer
lol @ the golden state fairies being any better

Aguy2diefor
10-24-2013, 11:22 PM
The spurs looked dead in that game tbh.

And yes, preseason.

OKC, SAS and Clippers are still better RS teams but with Asik and babymama..

I do think they'll be a better team than the clippers in the playoffs.

kyleTX
10-24-2013, 11:32 PM
filthy P n R combo just sickening and pissening

HarpoonBrah
10-24-2013, 11:37 PM
but who was real season ?

SighGR
10-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Houston plays right into GSW's hands. They play just as fast, shoot 3s better, can go small and draw Asik out of the paint, Iggy will put the clamps on Harden, and Bogut is one of the best defenders in the league so Dwight's minimal offensive game is neutralized.

TaeBoNinja
10-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Dwight hasn't done much in the preseason. Not impressed

EuropeanHammer
10-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Houston plays right into GSW's hands. They play just as fast, shoot 3s better, can go small and draw Asik out of the paint, Iggy will put the clamps on Harden, and Bogut is one of the best defenders in the league so Dwight's minimal offensive game is neutralized.

lol'd hard at shoot 3s better, the rockets were 2nd in 3s made, and the Knicks were first, and the Rockets almost broke the 3 point record on the Warriors.

3a7M__7s8pA

tied the record with 23 3 pointers

Also lol'd hard about Bogut stopping Howard, if Tim duncan couldn't do it then neither could Bogut

SighGR
10-24-2013, 11:46 PM
% means more than total makes

http://i.imgur.com/PFA5PH5.png

EuropeanHammer
10-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Dwight hasn't done much in the preseason. Not impressed

15 pts, 16 rebs in 30 minutes vs spurs
15 points, 17 rebs in 29 minutes vs mavs

last 2 games

sdballer5588
10-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Lol'd hard at Bogut stopping Dwight. Good one bro.

EuropeanHammer
10-24-2013, 11:48 PM
% means more than total makes

http://i.imgur.com/PFA5PH5.png

we have 9 more attempts per game.

SighGR
10-24-2013, 11:58 PM
we have 9 more attempts per game.
Attempts doesn't change a thing. They didn't have a single player shoot 40% or higher from 3. They played at a higher pace than GSW did, so there were more possessions. That pace will slow a bit with both Asik and Howard playing, and Howard wanting the ball in the post.

sdballer5588
10-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Missing shots, doesn't make them better. They didn't have a single player shoot 40% or higher from 3. They played at a higher pace than GSW did, so there were more possessions. That pace will slow a bit with both Asik and Howard playing, and Howard wanting the ball in the post.

Houston is also just a more efficient team. Better overall fg%.

Warriors fans are annoying as fuk.

52.5 eFG% for Houston vs 50.6% eFG for GSW

Houston plays at a higher pace but is also just more effective on offense.

SighGR
10-25-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm a Knicks fan. The point we were debating was who was a better 3pt shooting team. Overall FG is irrelevant.

TerellOwens
10-25-2013, 12:02 AM
more interested in the batman (lin) and robin (howard) show

EuropeanHammer
10-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Attempts doesn't change a thing. They didn't have a single player shoot 40% or higher from 3. They played at a higher pace than GSW did, so there were more possessions. That pace will slow a bit with both Asik and Howard playing, and Howard wanting the ball in the post.

Howard getting the ball will open up the 3 point shooting by a lot, it didn't show with the Lakers because that team had 5 ballstoppers in the lineup, but with the Magic they were one of the best 3 point shooting teams.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm a Knicks fan. The point we were debating was who was a better 3pt shooting team. Overall FG is irrelevant.

Houston scores more points per shot than Golden State.

Houston takes almost TEN more per game than Golden State. Effectiveness is really not the point here. Houston is far deadlier from 3, as their cumulative total from 3 is far higher.

Especially when you factor in the extra 5 possessions per game houston gets.

Efficiency would be a huge deal if Houston weren't taking TEN more per game and only making 3% less than Golden State.

EuropeanHammer
10-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Houston scores more points per shot than Golden State.

Houston takes almost TEN more per game than Golden State. Effectiveness is really not the point here. Houston is far deadlier from 3, as their cumulative total from 3 is far higher.

Especially when you factor in the extra 5 possessions per game houston gets.

Efficiency would be a huge deal if Houston weren't taking TEN more per game and only making 3% less than Golden State.

Golden state cawkhandlers fans wont like this

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Golden state cawkhandlers fans wont like this

Eh, I'm used to my brothers overly golden state favored arguments where all he does is circle back to the main point that "steph curry is the goat".

You just at a certain point have to brush it off as trolling.

IAmTheOne1
10-25-2013, 12:29 AM
LHnMmH7PO

Go 10-11 from the field and score 24 points in 8 1/2 minutes together, inb4 pre-season.

Lol @ being under the 3 in anyone's ranking in the west
lol @ harden being a poor shooter
lol @ dwight being a cancer
lol @ the golden state fairies being any better

They'll be fourth behind OKC, Spurs and Clippers

So 4th at best, assuming GS or Memphis dont get hot

EricTheGreat
10-25-2013, 12:37 AM
Harden and Howard with the H-town connection?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Triple_H_WWE_Champion_2008.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vpE6uMJ37dk/UOScrne47aI/AAAAAAAAEL4/Ki-4IWO-SoY/s1600/ron-paul.gif

homicidal_misc
10-25-2013, 01:26 AM
strong flop at 1:30

rocketfish11
10-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Golden State fanboys creeping upon the phaggotry level of supporters usually reserved to Lakers fans.

I wish I could fast-forward to the start of the playoffs. To when Warriors fans realise they aren't a top 5 team in the West.
And they lose in the first round.

"O herp derp we was championship materialz last year"

It's like they don't even realise who Jack and Landry were - and what their loss means to that team.

But a team that put a beatdown on them 3/4 times last year - who lost no one but Delfino - and who added Dwight Howard.. Seemingly didn't get better?

Oh lord. This is going to be a fun year Houston brahs.

Anbob
10-25-2013, 03:58 AM
Golden State fanboys creeping upon the phaggotry level of supporters usually reserved to Lakers fans.

I wish I could fast-forward to the start of the playoffs. To when Warriors fans realise they aren't a top 5 team in the West.
And they lose in the first round.

"O herp derp we was championship materialz last year"

It's like they don't even realise who Jack and Landry were - and what their loss means to that team.

But a team that put a beatdown on them 3/4 times last year - who lost no one but Delfino - and who added Dwight Howard.. Seemingly didn't get better?

Oh lord. This is going to be a fun year Houston brahs.

Landry and Jack won't be missed, lol at acting like they were the key pieces to what the warriors did. Landry often dissappeard and Jack won us as many games as he lost. The warriors match up well with the rockets outside of Dwight being to athletic for bogut. Klay and iggy are both good defenders capable of limiting what harden can do.

rocketfish11
10-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Landry and Jack won't be missed, lol at acting like they were the key pieces to what the warriors did. Landry often dissappeard and Jack won us as many games as he lost. The warriors match up well with the rockets outside of Dwight being to athletic for bogut. Klay and iggy are both good defenders capable of limiting what harden can do.

And here is the main reason why Warriors fans are idiots.

Jack won't be missed?
You realised him on the court allowed Steph to play off the ball - when he was very effective right?
You realise Jack was clutch in the Playoffs right? I don't recall seeing him lose games by himself in the Playoffs.

But you're right.
Sports personalities everywhere are saying they're going to miss these two for a reason.
But you know more! You're a Warriors fan!

And yes Iggy can hinder Harden.
Let's not ignore the fact Iggy also is not a great 3 point threat.

In what f*cking world does losing 3 of 4 games mean you match up well with a team?
When you got marginally better and that team got exceptionally better?

Just L. O. F*cking L at you c*nts.

sknot1454
10-25-2013, 04:33 AM
first round exit/10

Anbob
10-25-2013, 04:46 AM

Jack won't be missed?
You realised him on the court allowed Steph to play off the ball - when he was very effective right?
You realise Jack was clutch in the Playoffs right? I don't recall seeing him lose games by himself in the Playoffs.

But you're right.
Sports personalities everywhere are saying they're going to miss these two for a reason.

In what f*cking world does losing 3 of 4 games mean you match up well with a team?

Yea, i'm sure iggy won't give curry that freedom at all. Jack likes to dribble the entire shot clock out and chuck a bad shot when it gets low, if you want to call that clutch ok he's clutch. These are both definitely the same teams as last year so throwing 3/4 out there definately means alot. Harden had his lowest fg% against the warriors last year and that was with just Klay guarding him. Klay plays good D can just be prone to fouls sometimes. Lets not act like Iggy is the only capable defender. I'd say limiting a teams best playmaker is going to give a team a decent chance to win. Bogut looks pretty good and when healthy is one of the better post defenders in the NBA, Dwight's not just goonna run circles around him. The rockets also don't seem to have much of a starting PF and outside of Dwight are pretty lackluster on D. Not really sure why you're so mad at warriors fans.

Ivan7x
10-25-2013, 04:59 AM
Fuark i am excite for this season

lol warriors poverty phaggots

http://www.abload.de/img/laughing-gif-22zppmz.gif

JetLife21
10-25-2013, 06:29 AM

Jack won't be missed?

But you're right.

You are giving Jack way too much credit. Jack did not help Curry's game. He hurt it. Jack often wanted to play hero ball when he has possibly the best shooter in the history of the league on his team. Curry doesn't need to play off-ball as he has no problem creating his own shot off the dribble. He isn't a guy that relies on other people to create for him. I do agree that they will miss Landry at times but the addition of Iggy + another year of growth from all of their young players will far outweigh the loss of Jack and Landry.

ditsy911
10-25-2013, 06:41 AM
disgonbgud.jpg

It's going to be a great season, NBA brahs

A0wner21
10-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Houston needs a bench, I see them reaching them reaching the west finals and losing to a deeper team, but winning a championship in the next 2 years

waytoodeep03
10-25-2013, 08:00 AM
but who was real season ?

Fuk that, who was playoffs?

HoustonMiscer
10-25-2013, 08:10 AM
In. Missed game last night cause of class but saw stats and was like disgunbgud.jpeg. Fukin lol at Jeremy Lin phaggots getting scared because Lin and Beverley are alternating starts srs

HoustonMiscer
10-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Fuk that, who was playoffs?

Who was offseason? Who was training camp? Who was practice?

rayallenscalves
10-25-2013, 08:13 AM
first round exit/10

Not due to Howard, McHale, Lin or parsons though. Due to harden. There's no way a flopping yolo swaggot can lead a team. Houston goofed in investing money on that guy.

On a side note, lol at people hating on Dwight last year, Brb 50 double doubles with a bad back and shoulder.

EuropeanHammer
10-25-2013, 08:39 AM

Lol'd at saying warriors match up with rockets, the rockets completely destroyed the warriors every game other than the last one.

Day1086
10-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Lol golden state peppered that angus by 30 last time they met

Also I believe the only time they played with bogut on the floor

I sincerely hope for a rockets/warriors playoff series. Easy win unless phaggot Beverley injures curry

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Lol golden state peppered that angus by 30 last time they met

Also I believe the only time they played with bogut on the floor

I sincerely hope for a rockets/warriors playoff series. Easy win

Based on what.

Day1086
10-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Based on what.

Harden in the playoffs, Dwight in the 4th quarter

Iggy locking down harden just as he did last year, warriors out match Houston at every position besides center + deeper.

Not to mention curry guaranteed goes bananas in playoffs just as he did last year and in college.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Harden in the playoffs, Dwight in the 4th quarter

Iggy locking down harden just as he did last year, warriors out match Houston at every position besides center + deeper.

Because hack a bogut wasn't super successful right? Strong sample size on Harden.

Iggy locked down harden last year?

PG = GS
SG = Hou
SF = GS defensively, HOU offensively
PF = Obviously GS, but interested to see if Houston ever plays Asik/Howard in the 4th together
C = Obviously Houston

Where are you seeing these crazy matchup advantages? You're literally retarded if you think whatever you're slotting at SG is outplaying Harden.

I think Hou GSW would be a dream matchup for exciting play. Fast paced teams (interested to see how Houstons pace looks with Dwight)

Ivan7x
10-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Not due to Howard, McHale, Lin or parsons though. Due to harden. There's no way a flopping yolo swaggot can lead a team. Houston goofed in investing money on that guy.

Best SG in the NBA

goofed at investing in him

Day1086
10-25-2013, 09:45 AM
"Best sg in the nba"

Aka better than injured kobe and injured wade

Brb who is 4th best sg in league?

Poverty position of peace

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 09:48 AM
"Best sg in the nba"

Poverty position of peace

Strong answer to my question potatohead.

"Outmatch every position but center"

James Harden best SG in NBA
Dwight Howard best C in NBA

"Outmatch every position"

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/azb1Q5B_460sa.gif

Ivan7x
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
"Best sg in the nba"

Poverty position of peacelol wade just lol he should just retire

Kobe is an unknown till we see what he looks like off that injury

"Steph Curry GOAT" poverty ankles of peace

Strong answer to my question potatohead.

"Outmatch every position but center"

James Harden best SG in NBA
Dwight Howard best C in NBA

"Outmatch every position"

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/azb1Q5B_460sa.gif/argument

IAmTheOne1
10-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Dam I didn't know there were so many Houston fans on the misc.

Almost reminds me of when Dwight came to another team and people got so excited

yourname2221
10-25-2013, 12:39 PM
GSW are one Bogut injury away from starting defensless David Lee or old ass O'Neal at the 5. If Howard goes down Asik has proven to be a capable starting center.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 12:44 PM
GSW are one Bogut injury away from starting defensless David Lee or old ass O'Neal at the 5. If Howard goes down Asik has proven to be a capable starting center.

Or what you meant to say, is moving Barnes to the 4 in the starting lineup, and running insane smallball with Lee as the 5!

rayallenscalves
10-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Best SG in the NBA

goofed at investing in him
Good job dodging the fact that he's a flopping yolo-swag type player. Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butle, Iman Shumpert >>>> Harden
(On a houston rockets basis)

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Good job dodging the fact that he's a flopping yolo-swag type player. Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butle, Iman Shumpert >>>> Harden

Are you trying to set a record for stupid comments?

SpiderSense
10-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Honeymoon Phase

Ivan7x
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
(On a houston rockets basis)maximum potato

negged and put on ignore

rayallenscalves
10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Are you trying to set a record for stupid comments?

Sdbozo5582 you know I'm dropping knowledge. Are you really going to say that Houston is better served with James harden than Paul George? Just lol I thought you knew sports. You Were One Of The Last People On Here I Had Faith In

rayallenscalves
10-25-2013, 01:27 PM
maximum potato

negged and put on ignore

Bro All Jokes Aside ALL TROLLING ASIDE If you really think that hardens game is respectable (drive to the basket, flail, exploit the refs) then you're not a real basketball fan. Any real person that knows basketball takes Butler George Leonard Shumpert or Derozan because they are tougher play better D and can score still, don't get caught up in hardens numbers, use the eye test.

Watch out for Derozan, he's become a student of Kobe's low post/elbow footwork

SompletelyCober
10-25-2013, 01:33 PM
maximum potato

negged and put on ignore

http://i32.tinypic.com/2d2fvat.jpg

Every time I see this kunt post he's rustled beyond measure.

Ivan7x
10-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Bro All Jokes Aside ALL TROLLING ASIDE If you really think that hardens game is respectable (drive to the basket, flail, exploit the refs) then you're not a real basketball fan. Any real person that knows basketball takes Butler George Leonard Shumpert or Derozan because they are tougher play better D and can score still, don't get caught up in hardens numbers, use the eye test.

Watch out for Derozan, he's become a student of Kobe's low post/elbow footworku said trolling aside yet still listed leonard, shumpert (lmao) and derozan (fukin lol)

George is probably the only guy id take from that list instead of Harden

and as number and eye test goes wtf are u talking about i watch every rockets game and seen plenty of george and leonard.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2d2fvat.jpg

Every time I see this kunt post he's rustled beyond measure.not even rustled just enjoy negging

negged

Day1086
10-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Paul george might be more overrated than harden

brb 42% shooting on 17 ppg and gets a max contract

As a harden hater, harden >>

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 01:37 PM
u said trolling aside yet still listed leonard, shumpert (lmao) and derozan (fukin lol)

George is probably the only guy id take from that list instead of Harden

and as number and eye test goes wtf are u talking about i watch every rockets game and seen plenty of george and leonard.

I'd take HArden without ever even thinking twice over that entire group. George is not as good as harden.

The level of lebron hate is so high that somehow George is treated like some superstar because he had like 2 good games against him. JEsus christ.

yourname2221
10-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Or what you meant to say, is moving Barnes to the 4 in the starting lineup, and running insane smallball with Lee as the 5!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md86kqlZei1r2w7n3o1_400.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/you-dont-say.gif

Paul george might be more overrated than harden

brb 42% shooting on 17 ppg and gets a max contract

As a harden hater, harden >>

As a Pacer fan I do agree. He's not there just yet

I'd take HArden without ever even thinking twice over that entire group. George is not as good as harden.

The level of lebron hate is so high that somehow George is treated like some superstar because he had like 2 good games against him. JEsus christ.

WTF two points in as many days that we agree on

Ivan7x
10-25-2013, 02:33 PM

The level of lebron hate is so high that somehow George is treated like some superstar because he had like 2 good games against him. JEsus christ.thats why i said probably brah id rather have Harden but George is the only one close from that list of phaggots

HoustonMiscer
10-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Oh lawd Howard and Gasol getting into a tussle srs

Ivan7x
10-25-2013, 05:33 PM
fuk i hope Harden is ok...... :(

SighGR
10-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Harden has a knee contusion

FryDude
10-25-2013, 05:40 PM
lol okay bro

FGCHENG
10-25-2013, 06:04 PM
As much as I hate Howard for leaving the Lakers, it was definitely the right choice. Rockets will be fun to watch this year. I hope Jeremy Lin steps up and Rockets will have a big 4.

NBA will be stacked with great teams this season. I think OKC and Spurs will take a backseat while Clippers, Rockets, and GSW will step up. (But OKC and Spurs will probably take the 1 and 2 seed but Barely)

HoustonMiscer
10-25-2013, 06:11 PM
fuk i hope Harden is ok...... :(

Fukking Houston injury bug

NickDaQuik
10-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Jeremy lin has improved SO MUCH inregards to his layups

that phaggot use to take short steps , now he's reaching and getting more calls etc etc

rocketfish11
10-25-2013, 06:21 PM
The Warriors fans in this thread.
Just confirming their potato status.

I didn't think they could be as misinformed... But they continue with their stupidity.

And in only it's third game the Asik/Howard pairing is showing it can work in games.
The paint is on lockdown.
Howard is dominating defensively.

"but stephy curry hits 3s he is better then hardon"

What are these idiots saying about Harden in the playoffs?
Forgetting he turned into the human torch against San Antonio and Dallas on his way to the Finals?
Forgetting he was double and triple teams against the team that knows him best last year.

LOL. Because it's definitely going to be as easy for Iggy to 'lock him down' again this year since he's got help on offense now right.
Because he's got a big man who is a threat on the P'n'R.
You're right GSW fans.

4-0 Warriors this year.
houston stand no chance.

hahahahahahahahahahahah

HoustonMiscer
10-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Memphis is 7-43 FG 16 percent shooting lol

rocketfish11
10-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Memphis is 7-43 FG 16 percent shooting lol

And Houston's 2nd and 3rd stringer extended the lead over the Memphis starters in the 3rd.

... This is awkward.

Ivan7x
10-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Memphis is 7-43 FG 16 percent shooting lolMemphis is just BAD

raptors raped them a couple days ago