PDA

View Full Version : Why did the two GOATS retire early? srs

Suit
10-24-2013, 09:25 PM
[Barry Sanders retired at 30

Michael Jordan retired at 30 also.

Why did the GOATs do this to us?

Jordan coming back later on doesn't count, hes a phaggot for retiring so early.]

blacksabbath11
10-24-2013, 09:28 PM
barry wanted to be traded to a better team. a deal couldn't be done, so he retired. (i think that's how it went). i remember there was a bit of controversy about barry stealing money from the lions, too.

jordan left cause he wanted to play baseball to fulfill his dead father's wish.

jacklambert58
10-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Barry had moves like no other, but if you actually watch his full games and not just his many hi-light reels, it's hard to say he was the goat anything. No hate here, I enjoyed barry (& chris spielman), but the dude had too many negative yard runs/drive stoppers, was not a team oriented player. And come play off time, the good D's contained him and the lions went nowhere. Emmit Smith was a much more functional rb.

jacklambert58
10-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Lot of rumors around about the Nba forcing jordan to take some seasons off after getting busted for betting on games...also rumors that the murder of his dad was also gambling/mob related.

blacksabbath11
10-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Barry had moves like no other, but if you actually watch his full games and not just his many hi-light reels, it's hard to say he was the goat anything. No hate here, I enjoyed barry (& chris spielman), but the dude had too many negative yard runs/drive stoppers, was not a team oriented player. And come play off time, the good D's contained him and the lions went nowhere. Emmit Smith was a much more functional rb.

lol
I saw all 10 years of his career, this guy is full of chit.
yeah, barry had bad games(negative yards/low yards), but they were rare as phuck. go check barrys stats if you don't believe me.
barry might not be the goat, but he was a hell of a lot better than emmitt phucking smith.
smith had like 5 good years and for whatever reasons couldn't do chit after that. barry was consistent his entire career.

edit:
lions only had one great playoff team(91, i believe). they weren't special any other years, it doesn't matter who they had at RB, they weren't going to go far in the playoffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Detroit_Lions_season

jacklambert58
10-24-2013, 09:48 PM
lol
I saw all 10 years of his career, this guy is full of chit.
yeah, barry had bad games(negative yards/low yards), but they were rare as phuck. go check barrys stats if you don't believe me.
barry might not be the goat, but he was a hell of a lot better than emmitt phucking smith.
smith had like 5 good years and for whatever reasons couldn't do chit after that. barry was consistent his entire career.

Well, football is the ultimate team game and who knows how many rings barry gets with a better team, but I do know with the lions barry had none, and nary a playoff appearance, much less wins.

Suit
10-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Well, football is the ultimate team game and who knows how many rings barry gets with a better team, but I do know with the lions barry had none, and nary a playoff appearance, much less wins.

I guess Dan Marino isn't GOAT.

blacksabbath11
10-24-2013, 10:00 PM

http://i.qkme.me/3vlmb1.jpg

niknguyen
10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
I heard barry Sanders has the record for most negative yard plays by a rb...not sure how true that is

niknguyen
10-24-2013, 10:03 PM

He isn't...joe montana is..

AlliWantisLulz
10-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Lot of rumors around about the Nba forcing jordan to take some seasons off after getting busted for betting on games...also rumors that the murder of his dad was also gambling/mob related.

this is what I've read before

could be true or he just simply wanted to fulfill his dad's wish

TheBannedBrah
10-24-2013, 10:06 PM
lol Barry Sanders had no o-line, the fact that he accomplished what he did is amazing. Emmit Smith was running behind pro bowlers for how many years. Replace them on each others team and Emmit drops drastically while Barry becomes the new GOAT in football. BarryDaBest

blacksabbath11
10-24-2013, 10:11 PM
I heard barry Sanders has the record for most negative yard plays by a rb...not sure how true that is

it's probably true
most losses weren't huge tho, 1-2 yard type losses.
it's just how barry ran his entire career, if the hole was closed he'd wait for someone to push thru, so he could juke past them. didn't work every time, but he'd often have huge runs when it did. big risk/big reward - no different than home running hitters and strikeouts. it's actually pretty smart cause it saved barry from a lot of injuries.
barry only had one year where he missed a lot of time because of injuries.

l78MUBPdTTg

jacklambert58
10-24-2013, 10:35 PM
lol Barry Sanders had no o-line, the fact that he accomplished what he did is amazing. Emmit Smith was running behind pro bowlers for how many years. Replace them on each others team and Emmit drops drastically while Barry becomes the new GOAT in football. BarryDaBest

Yeah who knows, but there is something to be said about the one cut and hit the hole style of running and winning football games...keep the offense on schedule and the chains moving v. dancing looking for the homerun and causing 3rd & longs.

IsLifeRealLife
10-24-2013, 10:36 PM

Defense also had to worry about the passing game of the Cowboy's as well while the defense knew what the lions would do on every play

blacksabbath11
10-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Defense also had to worry about the passing game of the Cowboy's as well while the defense knew what the lions would do on every play

just forget it, brah. he's not going to listen..emmitt smith is the goat, lol.

jacklambert58
10-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Lions had a decent line - brown, glover, hartings, all good players. Lions also used the run-n-shoot which created running lanes & put the nickle defense on the field playing the pass.

jacklambert58
10-24-2013, 10:51 PM
just forget it, brah. he's not going to listen..emmitt smith is the goat, lol.

I'm actually a walter payton is goat type of guy.

SpiderSense
10-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Jordan left cause he had gambling debts and there was no money to be made if the Bulls kept winning.

Sanders left because he had found out the commissioner put a league-wide bounty on him after sleeping with his wife.

sdballer5588
10-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Lol at Jordan "retiring" at 30. Stern banned him for gambling.

blacksabbath11
10-25-2013, 12:23 AM
barry vs emmitt debate

http://www.thelionsinwinter.com/2010/10/barry-sanders-and-emmitt-smith-by.html

lots of good stats for both players in that link. make sure to read the comments

gottk2x
10-25-2013, 12:42 AM
If Jordan didn't take a break, we wouldn't have Space Jam. So I'm glad he did what he did.

Carpig
10-25-2013, 01:03 AM
You are almost right OP (just got the wrong RB), Jim Brown retired after 9 seasons (leading the league in rushing for 8 of those).

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 01:11 AM
If Jordan didn't take a break, we wouldn't have Space Jam. So I'm glad he did what he did.

These are the posts I misc for.

Best plot twist of all time - it was water the whole time!
Best unlikely hero of all time - Bill Murray, he retired unbeaten and untied!

Suit
10-25-2013, 01:22 AM
Jordan left cause he had gambling debts and there was no money to be made if the Bulls kept winning.

Sanders left because he had found out the commissioner put a league-wide bounty on him after sleeping with his wife.

ooooooooo.jpg

Well, that's that.

God bless SpaceJam

Answer1o1
10-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Jordan retired, played baseball, made space jam, then came back to win a few more championships in the NBA. He had like 3 retirements total I dunno OP

Rumor says he'll play 1 game this year. Probably against Miami