PDA

View Full Version : ideas on how technology can affect the future of sports

jalundah
10-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Being an avid sports fan and having a background in neuromechanics, I've been interested in how the knowledge of technology and science could affect sports in the future. The way technology is constantly improving, surely we'll be able to see some amazing things in the next 20 years.

I want to get some ideas on

1-the use of exoskeletons or some type of segmental armor/material for injury prevention purposes(the future of helmets/pads/braces/etc possibly with microtechnology),

2-the use of reaction time boards in scouting(Exercise Science brahs who know about electromechanical delay plz respond)-a largely genetic factor that could be a quantifiable measurement of potential in sports where reaction time is critical(almost any sport).

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks about these kind of things. Anyone have any input?

feardafronfz3
10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
GPS type of device on football field or ball that measures exactly where on the field forward progress is stopped. IDK how it would work exactly and how they could seamlessly integrate it into the game where it doesn't take much time at all but it would eliminate ****ty spots by refs

Ecnewyx
10-24-2013, 12:39 PM
GPS type of device on football field or ball that measures exactly where on the field forward progress is stopped. IDK how it would work exactly and how they could seamlessly integrate it into the game where it doesn't take much time at all but it would eliminate ****ty spots by refs

This. Just have the tennis Hawkeye system.

Imagine this for whether the ball broke the plane or not.

http://gamesetmap.com/wp-content/upLoads/2013/05/Wimbledon_Line_Call_PD_credit-HAWK-EYE.jpg

Hnnnrgh.

ShweezyBTFO
10-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Being an avid sports fan and having a background in neuromechanics, I've been interested in how the knowledge of technology and science could affect sports in the future. The way technology is constantly improving, surely we'll be able to see some amazing things in the next 20 years.

I want to get some ideas on

1-the use of exoskeletons or some type of segmental armor/material for injury prevention purposes(the future of helmets/pads/braces/etc possibly with microtechnology),

2-the use of reaction time boards in scouting(Exercise Science brahs who know about electromechanical delay plz respond)-a largely genetic factor that could be a quantifiable measurement of potential in sports where reaction time is critical(almost any sport).

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks about these kind of things. Anyone have any input?

Lot of people in Boston already working on this. PM me if you want more details.

painzRgainz
10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Video display inside of NFL visors for QB when crowd noise too high to hear.

New artificial field surface prevents more injuries.

Future24
10-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Lasers from the first down markers that go from sideline to sideline so we can get it exactly and players can see it.