PDA

View Full Version : Let's be serious, only dumb NFL fans call a quarterback a "winner"

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Serious.

Nobody ever calls Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. a winner. Nobody even calls Eli or Big Ben or Ryan a winner.

People only use "winner" on poverty or mediocre QB's. Nobody says Alex Smith is a great QB. They call him a "winner" to make it seem like he's better than he is. Nobody calls Tebow a good QB, not even his biggest fans. They call him a "winner". Nobody called the 49ers defense a "winning defense". They called Alex Smith a "winner."

Imagine if you put Tebow on a stacked roster like Seattle. This team might win 13 games this year. If you put Tebow in over Wilson then they would be a much worse team. But because of all the talent they could still go 9-7 despite of Tebow at QB. And people would call Tebow a "winner" despite the team being a lot worse because of him.

Seriously, only retarded fans use the term "winner" when talking about a player.

Ponder was a "winner" last year. This year he's a "loser". What happened?

jalundah
10-24-2013, 12:31 PM
one of the best posts i've seen from a red

although i havent heard anyone call ponder or alex smith "winners"... pretty much just tebow.

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 12:33 PM

although i havent heard anyone call ponder or alex smith "winners"... pretty much just tebow.

People would call Ponder a winner if he was relevant.

People definitely call Alex a winner. Especially when he was on the 49ers, and even moreso when Kaepernick took over.

JmanTheJuiceman
10-24-2013, 02:20 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/5299097/20120724_ajw_aj4_099.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Ponder's definitely winning.

naturalKnox4
10-24-2013, 02:24 PM
idk bout you guys but ive def heard Peyton, Brady, Brees and Rodgers all called winners on several occasion..

cashinout
10-24-2013, 02:26 PM
yea but manning, brady, brees and rogers ARE winners lol

rayallenscalves
10-24-2013, 02:26 PM

This Is Actually One Of Gerald's Worst Posts........Winning Is All That Matters.......
Alex Smith Being Called A Winner Is A Compliment, Not An Insult.

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 02:31 PM
yea but manning, brady, brees and rogers ARE winners lol

What does that mean?

cashinout
10-24-2013, 02:33 PM
What does that mean?

it means they win football games....

brenden weeden is NOT a winner, if you want an example

HoustonMiscer
10-24-2013, 02:34 PM
I fukking lol when people say Vince Young deserves a shot because he is a winner and use the 31-17 record as starting QB argument or whatever is record is

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 02:36 PM
This Is Actually One Of Gerald's Worst Posts........Winning Is All That Matters.......
Alex Smith Being Called A Winner Is A Compliment, Not An Insult.

Winning is all that matters for the TEAM.

A quarterback is a part of the team, albeit an important part. He doesn't deserve all the credit for the TEAM winning.

And I don't know who the fuk you are so keep Gerald's name out of your fukking mouth, you fukking rodent.

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 02:39 PM
it means they win football games....

brenden weeden is NOT a winner, if you want an example

The BROWNS aren't a winning TEAM. It's not Brandon Weeden vs. Opposing QB, you slack-jawed phaggot.

Weeden is not a good QUARTERBACK

rayallenscalves
10-24-2013, 02:41 PM

A quarterback is a part of the team, albeit an important part. He doesn't deserve all the credit for the TEAM winning.

And I don't know who the fuk you are so keep Gerald's name out of your fukking mouth, you fukking rodent.

Who Are The Top 5 Quarterbacks To Ever Touch A Football In Your Opinion?

Should Be Along The Lines Of

Marino
Manning
Favre
Montana
Brady

cashinout
10-24-2013, 02:42 PM
The BROWNS aren't a winning TEAM. It's not Brandon Weeden vs. Opposing QB, you slack-jawed phaggot.

Weeden is not a good QUARTERBACK

they were a winning team with hoyer weren't they?

they were 3-2 before his injury

the fact is, the QB is the single most important player on the team

he's going to get credit for WINNING BUT he's also going to get blamed for LOSING

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 02:53 PM
they were a winning team with hoyer weren't they?

they were 3-2 before his injury

the fact is, the QB is the single most important player on the team

he's going to get credit for WINNING BUT he's also going to get blamed for LOSING

And I'm saying he shouldn't get credit and only retards give the QB the credit.

So now Hoyee is a "winner"?

sdballer5588
10-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Lol OP you've never heard Brady Rodgers Brees or Manning called a winner?

Shut the fuk up lol

cashinout
10-24-2013, 02:57 PM
And I'm saying he shouldn't get credit and only retards give the QB the credit.

So now Hoyee is a "winner"?

who else is going to get the credit?

the defense isn't always going to win games by scoring on turnovers
wide receivers, running backs, tight ends are only as relevant as their QB makes them

fact is, QBs are the ones putting up points that win games

Hoyer would be a winner if he finished this season off and the browns had a winning record, what else would you call him if he accomplished that?

Destructodave
10-24-2013, 03:30 PM

The QB is the most influential member on a team in today's NFL. Usually, you arent going to be a winning team without at least having a decent, or winning QB. This isn't the 80s or 90s where TEAMS actually exist. This era in football is all about the QB. You have a good one, you win. You dont, you dont. Its a QB league. Put some poverty QB on the Chiefs, and they arent winning. Alex Smith is a proven winner. Winning in San Fran? Now, on a 2-14 team, 7-0. I dont know why people keep giving Alex Smith hate. Also, as much as you hate Tebow, he took over for a ****ty QB, who was 1-4, and ended up making it to the play-offs.

I agree that sometimes a QB either gets all the blame, or all the glory, but in today's NFL, the game rests almost solely on the QB's shoulders. It is their game to lose more often than not.

cannonballdooky
10-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Calling QB"s "winners" and "losers" is a copout tactic by the dumb talking heads who don't know how to analyze quarterbacks. Good and great QB's win, but they're recognized for it, and not simply called winners. You see talentless hacks like Tebow, Young, and to a lesser extent Rex Grossman, Jake Plummer and Dilfer at a time winners, but they weren't really good QB's, they were part of their team winning.

If we're going to use this winner and loser type of deal though, which QB's can be called losers:

Cutler- talented but usually underachieves along with team
Schaub- never won a meaningful game and consistent underachiever
Romo- I like him a lot but usually always comes up short week 17 and in crucial situations, still Dallas would win 3 games a year if they replaced him with an average/bad QB
Gabbert- he just sucks
Rivers- talented and smart but part of an underachieving team every year

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Lol OP you've never heard Brady Rodgers Brees or Manning called a winner?

Shut the fuk up lol

If I have, I sure as hell haven't heard it used about them as much as I've heard it about mediocre and bad QB's who won games because of fortunate circumstances.

You're not dumb, you know what I mean. People call Brady a great quarterback. People call Big Ben a good quarterback. People call Tebow a winner.

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Calling QB"s "winners" and "losers" is a copout tactic by the dumb talking heads who don't know how to analyze quarterbacks. Good and great QB's win, but they're recognized for it, and not simply called winners. You see talentless hacks like Tebow, Young, and to a lesser extent Rex Grossman, Jake Plummer and Dilfer at a time winners, but they weren't really good QB's, they were part of their team winning.

If we're going to use this winner and loser type of deal though, which QB's can be called losers:

Cutler- talented but usually underachieves along with team
Schaub- never won a meaningful game and consistent underachiever
Romo- I like him a lot but usually always comes up short week 17 and in crucial situations, still Dallas would win 3 games a year if they replaced him with an average/bad QB
Gabbert- he just sucks
Rivers- talented and smart but part of an underachieving team every year

Precisely.

It is a copout. How many times does a host ask, "Is [player x] a good quarterback?" and then you hear some idiot like Brian Dawkins respond with "Well, he's a winner."

Nobody with unbiased intelligence would ever use that term. Steve Young and Greg Cosell never call a quarterback a winner because they're smart guys and know better.

bezarker
10-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Sounds like OP likes wieners...

sdballer5588
10-24-2013, 06:28 PM
If I have, I sure as hell haven't heard it used about them as much as I've heard it about mediocre and bad QB's who won games because of fortunate circumstances.

You're not dumb, you know what I mean. People call Brady a great quarterback. People call Big Ben a good quarterback. People call Tebow a winner.

Oh so am I not allowed to jimmy ramble anymore? Don't tell me how to live my life OP.

I tend to think it's used to describe intangibles that simply can't explain WHY a guy is winning. Like Tebow.

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh so am I not allowed to jimmy ramble anymore? Don't tell me how to live my life OP.

I tend to think it's used to describe intangibles that simply can't explain WHY a guy is winning. Like Tebow.

lmao notsureifsrs

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Nobody wanna step to Gerald?

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Didn't think so, pussies.

liuzhoudragon
10-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Serious.

Nobody ever calls Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. a winner. Nobody even calls Eli or Big Ben or Ryan a winner.

People only use "winner" on poverty or mediocre QB's. Nobody says Alex Smith is a great QB. They call him a "winner" to make it seem like he's better than he is. Nobody calls Tebow a good QB, not even his biggest fans. They call him a "winner". Nobody called the 49ers defense a "winning defense". They called Alex Smith a "winner."

Imagine if you put Tebow on a stacked roster like Seattle. This team might win 13 games this year. If you put Tebow in over Wilson then they would be a much worse team. But because of all the talent they could still go 9-7 despite of Tebow at QB. And people would call Tebow a "winner" despite the team being a lot worse because of him.

Seriously, only retarded fans use the term "winner" when talking about a player.

Ponder was a "winner" last year. This year he's a "loser". What happened?

ponder was never a winner.......he he just some ******* peterson had to drag along and compensate for.

liuzhoudragon
10-25-2013, 01:43 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/5299097/20120724_ajw_aj4_099.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Ponder's definitely winning.

and this websites never ending obession with over marketings average looking blondes with no tits, ass continues.

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 08:20 AM
ponder was never a winner.......he he just some ******* peterson had to drag along and compensate for.

But according to the "winner" logic he was "winning games".

Alex and Tebow were being carried by defenses and run games, but nobody mentions that.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 08:25 AM
But according to the "winner" logic he was "winning games".

Alex and Tebow were being carried by defenses and run games, but nobody mentions that.

I thought I already said that the term winner is clearly only used when you can't explain why someone is winning.

Ponder had the simplest explanation on the planet, Adrian Peterson nearly set the single season rushing record. Tebow's defense was middle of the pack and his offense (partially because of him) just wasn't viewed as special yet.

Holly Hindsight here wants to act like the whole planet knew they'd get welker, that Julian Thomas would be a stud and that DT and Decker would go off and Knowshon would develop into a great pass blocker and decent runner.

The other time "winner" is used ALL THE TIME is comparing Brady to Manning, when stats no longer provide a victor it comes to the postseason where "Tom Brady is a proven winner, and Peyton is not"

Stop bumping this terrible thread.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Ponder was a "winner" last year because his fukking running back was averaging SIX YARDS PER CARRY and almost single handedly powering them to the playoffs on 200 yard performances.

How the fukk is that PONDER. Ponder played great for like ONE GAME, no one on the PLANET said "Man Ponder is just a proven winner"

Ecnewyx
10-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Tebow also won some national championships. If you win at every level, it makes you more of a "winner" for the media.

Plus he won some games with divine intervention like fumbled field goals and guys being pushed mysteriously out of bounds. It was inexplicable. And awesome.

Ponder played great for like ONE GAME, no one on the PLANET said "Man Ponder is just a proven winner"

lol this. People did say that Ponder had an 8-game stretch of terrible quarterbacking though.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Tebow also won some national championships. If you win at every level, it makes you more of a "winner" for the media.

Plus he won some games with divine intervention like fumbled field goals and guys being pushed mysteriously out of bounds. It was inexplicable. And awesome.

And a heisman. Brb comparing ponder to him.

Ecnewyx
10-25-2013, 09:06 AM

"Broncos defense to face proven winner in Patriots QB Tom Brady"
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21681199/broncos-defense-face-proven-winner-patriots-qb-tom

"Rodgers is a proven winner who does everything."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168496/printable/tom-brady-aaron-rodgers-peyton-manning-among-goto-qbs

Just sayin' also. :D

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 10:15 AM
I thought I already said that the term winner is clearly only used when you can't explain why someone is winning.

Ponder had the simplest explanation on the planet, Adrian Peterson nearly set the single season rushing record. Tebow's defense was middle of the pack and his offense (partially because of him) just wasn't viewed as special yet.

Holly Hindsight here wants to act like the whole planet knew they'd get welker, that Julian Thomas would be a stud and that DT and Decker would go off and Knowshon would develop into a great pass blocker and decent runner.

The other time "winner" is used ALL THE TIME is comparing Brady to Manning, when stats no longer provide a victor it comes to the postseason where "Tom Brady is a proven winner, and Peyton is not"

Stop bumping this terrible thread.

Terrible thread that has my whole CP green and turned your boy green.

There isn't some mysterious powder that Tebow used that helped the Broncos win games. They were playing absolutely terrible quarterbacks and teams and the defenses played lights out during his winning streak. They were also getting lucky as fuk like when Marion Barber **** the bed when he ran out of bounds when he could've ended the game. And then Barber fumbles on the winning drive. That isn't Tebow doing anything. That was a lucky winning streak that John Skelton was having at the same time but nobody mentioned because he isn't as polarizing.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Terrible thread that has my whole CP green and turned your boy green.

There isn't some mysterious powder that Tebow used that helped the Broncos win games. They were playing absolutely terrible quarterbacks and teams and the defenses played lights out during his winning streak. They were also getting lucky as fuk like when Marion Barber **** the bed when he ran out of bounds when he could've ended the game. And then Barber fumbles on the winning drive. That isn't Tebow doing anything. That was a lucky winning streak that John Skelton was having at the same time but nobody mentioned because he isn't as polarizing.

Except John Skelton didn't win a playoff game or turn an 0-4 team into a playoff team and then win aforementioned playoff game.

Also - Tebow was straight up thrown out after his winning season, what other "winner" ever had that happen? EVER?

You didn't disprove a single WORD I said about Ponder either, you're just avoiding it because you know you're getting piledrived on this topic. I don't blame you Gerald, I'm S D Fuking Baller.

Welcome to the green doe.

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Except John Skelton didn't win a playoff game or turn an 0-4 team into a playoff team and then win aforementioned playoff game.

Also - Tebow was straight up thrown out after his winning season, what other "winner" ever had that happen? EVER?

You didn't disprove a single WORD I said about Ponder either, you're just avoiding it because you know you're getting piledrived on this topic. I don't blame you Gerald, I'm S D Fuking Baller.

Welcome to the green doe.

Because you're still playing this "winner" bs. My point is that Vikings were winning despite of Ponder. And the Cardinals were winning despite of Skelton. And the Broncos were winning despite of Tebow.

You're the one who can't even explain how the Broncos were winning. You think Tebow has magic powers.

Not a single NFL team wants him as a quarterback on their roster.

Ya, I'm getting piledrived.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Because you're still playing this "winner" bs. My point is that Vikings were winning despite of Ponder. And the Cardinals were winning despite of Skelton. And the Broncos were winning despite of Tebow.

You're the one who can't even explain how the Broncos were winning. You think Tebow has magic powers.

You're comparing Tebow to 2 starting QB's and you think I'm losing this argument? Haha well okay!

Tebow is a winner. He IS. He has won on every level of his career so far that he has been given the opportunity, can the same be said of Ponder or Skelton? NO.

You can cry that Tebow was gifted it and that Ponder and Skelton could have done the same, except they didn't.

You've also spent this WHOLE THREAD ignoring that Brady Rodgers etc are ALL called "winners" ESPECIALLY Brady, the winningest QB in NFL history. Kind of a fitting title.

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 10:47 AM
You're comparing Tebow to 2 starting QB's and you think I'm losing this argument? Haha well okay!

Tebow is a winner. He IS. He has won on every level of his career so far that he has been given the opportunity, can the same be said of Ponder or Skelton? NO.

You can cry that Tebow was gifted it and that Ponder and Skelton could have done the same, except they didn't.

You've also spent this WHOLE THREAD ignoring that Brady Rodgers etc are ALL called "winners" ESPECIALLY Brady, the winningest QB in NFL history. Kind of a fitting title.

He played on a stacked Florida team and was a bad passer there. He had a tiny sample size in the NFL.

This is all moot because you're gonna keep calling one player on a 52 player team a "winner".

I promised I'd quit arguing with Teblowers but I can't help it sometimes.

Just remember that 32 NFL teams have deemed him unworthy of playing quarterback, even as a backup, for their team. But yet you defend him.

So who's the clueless one?

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 10:49 AM
He played on a stacked Florida team and was a bad passer there. He had a tiny sample size in the NFL.

This is all moot because you're gonna keep calling one player on a 52 player team a "winner".

I promised I'd quit arguing with Teblowers but I can't help it sometimes.

Just remember that 32 NFL teams have deemed him unworthy of playing quarterback, even as a backup, for their team. But yet you defend him.

So who's the clueless one?

Still you, pretty sure. Lol @ being upset with 1 player being called a winner as you TOTALLY AND EXPERTLY dodge every single Tom Brady comment.

You got Tebowed.

zMK9FKMG3Nc

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Still you, pretty sure. Lol @ being upset with 1 player being called a winner as you TOTALLY AND EXPERTLY dodge every single Tom Brady comment.

You got Tebowed.

zMK9FKMG3Nc

So a couple guys call Brady a winner and it invalidates my point? No.

The point is that people use "winner" with Tebow faaaar more than they do with Brady. Because it's a copout. Nobody needs to call Brady a winner. He's a great quarterback, and because so his teams will win games more often than not.

32 teams don't want him. Your own team and best coach in the league cut him. That always stumps the Teblowers. Inb4 the most absurd argument that he's a distraction.

Ecnewyx
10-25-2013, 11:04 AM
I don't even understand what this thread is about.

Everyone agrees that Tebow is a pretty bad QB. It's an objective fact. Look at his TD/INT percentage, or his completion percentage, or his passing first downs, etc. They're awful, bottom of the QB pool type stuff.

But Tebow is a winner. It's pretty much a fact too. Look at the recordbooks. Heisman, BCS. 1-2 his first year, but then 7-4 his second year taking over for a 1-3 team. Won his first playoff game. A 57% win record is not fantastic but Brees is only at 59%.

So what is there to argue about?

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 11:13 AM

Everyone agrees that Tebow is a pretty bad QB. It's an objective fact. Look at his TD/INT percentage, or his completion percentage, or his passing first downs, etc. They're awful, bottom of the QB pool type stuff.

But Tebow is a winner. It's pretty much a fact too. Look at the recordbooks. Heisman, BCS. 1-2 his first year, but then 7-4 his second year taking over for a 1-3 team. Won his first playoff game. A 57% win record is not fantastic but Brees is only at 59%.

So what is there to argue about?

lmao

So how does he "win" despite being a "pretty bad QB"?

Lunatic
10-25-2013, 11:19 AM

So what is there to argue about?Because the team he was on was a winner does not mean HE is the winner.

You say he's a winner because of %? Well, I say he's not a winner because he can't win himself a spot on any team.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Because the team he was on was a winner does not mean HE is the winner.

You say he's a winner because of %? Well, I say he's not a winner because he can win himself a spot on any team.

Are you literally retarded? He was the QB, hands down the most important position on the field for every team that was a "winner"

You're talking like he was some benchwarmer who did nothing and collected W's.

The team he LEADS being a winner does in fact make him a winner. There is literally no argument for why he is NOT a winner

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 11:22 AM

You say he's a winner because of %? Well, I say he's not a winner because he can win himself a spot on any team.

Him being on the end of a bench is not the same as him being the starting QB.

Are you implying that if he were a back up you'd call him a winner because he won that job? Where does your logic begin and end, you're just trying to come to your own conclusion without using any brain power.

Looks like it's working bro.

Destructodave
10-25-2013, 11:28 AM

Tebow played very well in the 4th quarter. Go look at his stats. He sucked all game, but in the 4th quarter he played exceptional, had good accuracy, and won games. That, and the defense held up. But overall, Tebow had one of the best 4th quarter ratings of any QB that year, and thats how they were winning. They did get lucky a few times, but they still had to make the plays AFTER getting lucky enough to have another chance. And, they were a TEAM. The one thing Tebow did instill in them was being a TEAM. They didn't fall apart and commit a billion penalties, kind of like they did against the Colts last week.

Tebow is a winning QB, who actually played solid ball in the 4th quarter, for whatever reason. He sucked all game, and then made plays when it mattered. I honestly dont know if he would ever be good enough to repeat, but I dont see why a team doesnt at least allow him to try. Its not like some fluke winner who was throwing the games away, like Rex Grossman; Tebow wasn't single handedly losing the games they lost like a flash in the pan Grossman was. Also, for as vaunted as that defense was supposed to be, they gave up 28 points to NE in the play-off game; 4 tds by Brady in the 1st half, NFL record. I dont see why people point to that as a reason he sucks. He made it there, King Brady dominated their Defense.

Now Tebow may be a fluke, but honestly any QB who has made it to the playoffs, and won a playoff game, deserves another shot to start. Even freaking Rex Grossman had a few other chances to start for teams. Tebow is just being blackballed by the NFL. Are there any other QBs who won a play-off game, and carried their team to the play-off game, that wasn't even allowed to be back-up, or given another chance? Not many that I remember.

Lunatic
10-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Are you literally retarded? He was the QB, hands down the most important position on the field for every team that was a "winner"

The team he LEADS being a winner does in fact make him a winner. There is literally no argument for why he is NOT a winner

Him being on the end of a bench is not the same as him being the starting QB.

Are you implying that if he were a back up you'd call him a winner because he won that job? Where does your logic begin and end, you're just trying to come to your own conclusion without using any brain power.

Looks like it's working bro.I seriously don't understand why people call him a winner. I find it even harder to understand how anyone would want him on their team. He is one of the worst QBs I've seen in my life. He has been given offers for other positions on other teams, but he is too naive to think he'll get a QB position.

TEBOWS A WINNER! Yet he's jobless.

No point in arguing with you.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I seriously don't understand why people call him a winner. I find it even harder to understand how anyone would want him on their team. He is one of the worst QBs I've seen in my life. He has been given offers for other positions on other teams, but he is too naive to think he'll get a QB position.

TEBOWS A WINNER! Yet he's jobless.

No point in arguing with you.

Strong irony. Strong deflection.

See you later Wheelz.

Ecnewyx
10-25-2013, 11:54 AM
lmao

So how does he "win" despite being a "pretty bad QB"?

He didn't turn the ball over during his win streak. Not turning the ball over and/or winning the turnover battle pretty much guarantees your team wins.

He also ran for pretty decent yardage.

You say he's a winner because of %? Well, I say he's not a winner because he can't win himself a spot on any team.

Please point out the winning QBs with losing teams. Thanks. When a team wins, the players win. That's how it works.

Do you know what they call the 53rd guy on a Super Bowl winning team? A Super Bowl winner.

Tebow's not a winner anymore. He was a winner up until the Broncos traded him though.

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 12:08 PM

The argument is that you can't call one player a winner when there are 52 other players and an entire coaching staff. I don't care if its the most important position on the field. The QB is still only a fraction of what goes on the field.

sdballer5588
10-25-2013, 12:10 PM
The argument is that you can't call one player a winner when there are 52 other players and an entire coaching staff. I don't care if its the most important position on the field. The QB is still only a fraction of what goes on the field.

Strong argument, so now NO ONE is a winner? What are you even making this thread for then.

Ecnewyx
10-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Strong argument, so now NO ONE is a winner? What are you even making this thread for then.

That's why I said I didn't get what this thread was about.

Edit: Fuk, now I'm all conscientious of my number of posts and wasting a post count on this one sentence. The terrorists have won.

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 12:56 PM

Way to let the whole point blow right over your head. It says right in the title that only dumb NFL fans call a quarterback a "winner." And if it's dumb to call a quarterback that then it's dumb to call any player that.

The point is that there aren't "winning" and "losing" players. There are great players, good players, average players, poor players, etc.

There are winning TEAMS and losing TEAMS. It's not hard to grasp this concept.

BrawnySwoleman
10-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Good points OP. It's like people don't know how to analyze quarterback play. They only understand wins and losses. On every ESPN article that mentions some sort of QB issue, you have some moron fans saying the team should sign Tebow.

Mark Sanchez has defeated Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Phillip Rivers in playoff games.
Vince Young is 31-19 as a starter.
The Vikings have made the playoffs with Tarvaris Jackson and Christian Ponder.
Eli Manning has more rings than Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers.

Does that mean any of these guys are good or elite? Hell no it doesn't.

Gerald151
10-25-2013, 12:58 PM
He didn't turn the ball over during his win streak. Not turning the ball over and/or winning the turnover battle pretty much guarantees your team wins.

He also ran for pretty decent yardage.

Please point out the winning QBs with losing teams. Thanks. When a team wins, the players win. That's how it works.

Do you know what they call the 53rd guy on a Super Bowl winning team? A Super Bowl winner.

Tebow's not a winner anymore. He was a winner up until the Broncos traded him though.

Thanks for pointing out how retarded it sounds to call players "winners." You just proved my point with this post.

Gerald151
11-04-2013, 09:11 AM
To further my point, in his last 5 games these are Alex Smith's numbers:

73.9 QB rating
59% completion
3 total TD
1:1 TD/TO
192 Yds/GM

5-0

herp derp winner