PDA

View Full Version : Training and diet wise, how should I set about obtaining my desired physique?

anonymous
10-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Before I begin, my current stats:

Age - 17
Height - 6"0/6"1
Weight - 125-130lbs (I know...)
BF - Probably 7-10%

At this moment in time, I'm just looking to put on a bit of muscle and weight mainly for confidence reasons. My goal for the time being would be a body like those attached below.

However, how long do you think I'd be looking at to reach that stage? They're not particularly 'ripped' or 'big', they just look as if they were relatively skinny guys like me who put on muscle.

What do you their weight and BF % is, roughly?

And how long do you think it would take me to reach that stage? Do I need the put on weight as well as build muscle? Or just build muscle?

Thanks!

Mrpb
10-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Step 1: Calculate TDEE and macro nutrient needs as explained in the stickies: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183&page=1

Step 2: Start eating 15% above TDEE while reaching macro and micro nutrient needs.

Step 3: Pick a proven lifting program and follow it precisely. (Examples: AllPro's, IcecreamFitness 5x5, Stronglifts 5x5)

The guys in the picture have build some pretty good muscle. It will probably take more than a year, maybe two.

rhadam
10-24-2013, 11:43 AM
You're terribly under weight, most likely unhealthy weight. To get from where you are to what those guys look like with your current state, 2 years or more. You have a lot of work to do to understand some basic nutrition and weight lifting principles but when you do you shouldn't have too much trouble making gains. Do what was stated above, stick to your plan, work hard.