PDA

View Full Version : the reason bad teams don't sign tebow

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 06:38 AM
Tim tebow is know for finding a way to win thats very well known he'll suck all damn game then make some insane plays and turn the game around and win it or pound the run all game with no passing.very unorthodox and not very fun for boxscore watchers and fantasy football fans. Its ugly and inefficient but he wins and will turn any team into a top rushing team. a team that should end up near bottom attemtping to tank into a 8-8 team most likely.

These teams with questionable quarterback situations and are losing usually just want to tank and get a top pick in this draft which is looking promising. They prefer to miss out on some ticker sales from signing tebow and starting a qb they know has no hope and get a top player in draft to possibly turn franchise around. With tim tebow they'll mess around and win 6-8 games end up with mid round pick and no playoff hopes its a lost cause for most teams and gms.

He's basically being blackballed by the nfl. Like right now rams going after brett favre he'll put butts in seats but no way will he win games just get fans excited abd still get their top guys in the draft.

Its not worth the risk to them to sign a guy who might possibly win them a good amount of games but franchise is still in shambles with mediocore talent around him and no promising prospects to improve in the draft. Just stuck as a mid level team.

If a team committed to his unorthodox style and ran the offense around him he could make them dangerous. Teams are too obsessed with spread offense passing and finding that gunslinger when hes a guy who will win for you.but it'd need a good defense and right pieces around him a 49ers type team he'd thrive on. A mediocore team is wasting their time going 6-10 or 8-8

There you have it.

Thai_Clinch
10-24-2013, 06:43 AM
tim tebow might be the worst mechanical qb ive ever seen. thats why he isnt in the league. the only way he thrived is because a coach had to gameplan specifically around him and his play style...it also helped because the broncos defense was downright good.

tebow is athletic. ill give him that. he is also a crybaby and a hardheaded one at that because he'd rather give up on football than come in and play a TE/H-back type role.

He's out of the league because he's not good. like many other players. can we please give this a rest now.

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 06:48 AM
tim tebow might be the worst mechanical qb ive ever seen. thats why he isnt in the league. the only way he thrived is because a coach had to gameplan specifically around him and his play style...it also helped because the broncos defense was downright good.

tebow is athletic. ill give him that. he is also a crybaby and a hardheaded one at that because he'd rather give up on football than come in and play a TE/H-back type role.

He's out of the league because he's not good. like many other players. can we please give this a rest now.
I just explained why he's out. Did you not read

rayallenscalves
10-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Tim tebow is know for finding a way to win thats very well known he'll suck all damn game then make some insane plays and turn the game around and win it or pound the run all game with no passing.very unorthodox and not very fun for boxscore watchers and fantasy football fans. Its ugly and inefficient but he wins and will turn any team into a top rushing team. a team that should end up near bottom attemtping to tank into a 8-8 team most likely.

These teams with questionable quarterback situations and are losing usually just want to tank and get a top pick in this draft which is looking promising. They prefer to miss out on some ticker sales from signing tebow and starting a qb they know has no hope and get a top player in draft to possibly turn franchise around. With tim tebow they'll mess around and win 6-8 games end up with mid round pick and no playoff hopes its a lost cause for most teams and gms.

He's basically being blackballed by the nfl. Like right now rams going after brett favre he'll put butts in seats but no way will he win games just get fans excited abd still get their top guys in the draft.

Its not worth the risk to them to sign a guy who might possibly win them a good amount of games but franchise is still in shambles with mediocore talent around him and no promising prospects to improve in the draft. Just stuck as a mid level team.

If a team committed to his unorthodox style and ran the offense around him he could make them dangerous. Teams are too obsessed with spread offense passing and finding that gunslinger when hes a guy who will win for you.but it'd need a good defense and right pieces around him a 49ers type team he'd thrive on. A mediocore team is wasting their time going .500

There you have it.
This, Jacksonville knows they could sign Tebow and win games as well as boost ticket sales, however they'd rather run the franchise into the ground

Ecnewyx
10-24-2013, 06:49 AM
He's basically being blackballed by the nfl.

This is the only part that's true. Assuming Tebow is still willing to work on special teams and other non-QB positions and plays.

I'd be amazed if Tebow over Gabbert was good for more than an extra 1.25 wins.

Source: My advanced win simulator metrics system that has never failed and has correctly predicted the winner of a game 4,518/8,809 times.

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 06:50 AM
This, Jacksonville knows they could sign Tebow and win games as well as boost ticket sales, however they'd rather run the franchise into the ground

They prefer a shot at #1 pick

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 06:51 AM
Look at the browns that was a waste for them to win those games now they don't get a shot at the top pick and still an insane amount of holes on their team. Its not in their interest to take a shot at winning

PervedOut
10-24-2013, 06:52 AM
So in other words he'd thrive on the Browns once they trade Gordon? I could dig it.

Edit: Wizard ^^^^^^

chlaxman
10-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Or...he's not good and brings unwanted attention.

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Or...he's not good and brings unwanted attention.

Explain. Unwanted attention? Those teams have no attention any of it is good. And gets fans to buy tickets.

Don't just troll me

chlaxman
10-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Explain. Unwanted attention? Those teams have no attention any of it is good. And gets fans to buy tickets.

Don't just troll me

Many teams don't want the type of attention he brought to the Broncos or especially the Jets. They don't want that ****show. The ticket issue is basically moot, too. Of all the teams that could possibly have interest the only one I can think of that really has issues is the Rams. Add to that the possible increase in ticket sales would not significantly improve team revenue.

And lets be honest, he would only be QB for the rest of the year, so the OC and HC would be developing a gameplan for half a year. Those teams are evaluating their rosters and bringing in Tebow would destroy that process for the most part. Brb young WR don't improve.

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Many teams don't want the type of attention he brought to the Broncos or especially the Jets. They don't want that ****show. The ticket issue is basically moot, too. Of all the teams that could possibly have interest the only one I can think of that really has issues is the Rams. Add to that the possible increase in ticket sales would not significantly improve team revenue.

And lets be honest, he would only be QB for the rest of the year, so the OC and HC would be developing a gameplan for half a year. Those teams are evaluating their rosters and bringing in Tebow would destroy that process for the most part. Brb young WR don't improve.

Wat. Ticket sales make huge impact are you retarded.
There are 10 teams off my head I can think of that would win more for sure with him at the helm.

Reason they don't is they prefer to lose and get a higher pick.

If they signed him team revenue and jersey sales would go thru roof and fans would actually show up. What jets did was just atrocious that was a waste.

Tim tebow took broncos further than peyton manning that's saying something. He simply wins.

chlaxman
10-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Wat. Ticket sales make huge impact are you retarded.
There are 10 teams off my head I can think of that would win more for sure with him at the helm.

Reason they don't is they prefer to lose and get a higher pick.

If they signed him team revenue and jersey sales would go thru roof and fans would actually show up. What jets did was just atrocious that was a waste.

Tim tebow took broncos further than peyton manning that's saying something. He simply wins.

Most of those bad teams have already sold 98-100% of their tickets already. The increased revenue from a few more ticket sales simply isn't going to be significant money. Those teams have, what, 5 more home games? And splitting 60/40 with the away team...Jersey sales are split evenly amongst NFL teams.

Lol at calling someone retarded when you don't even know how NFL revenue works. Moran

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Most of those bad teams have already sold 98-100% of their tickets already. The increased revenue from a few more ticket sales simply isn't going to be significant money. Those teams have, what, 5 more home games? And splitting 60/40 with the away team...Jersey sales are split evenly amongst NFL teams.

Lol at calling someone retarded when you don't even know how NFL revenue works. Moran

Lmfaoo 98-100% of tickets are you retarded I must ask again... go to those stadiums they are over half empty and some aernt even televised they are probably selling 45-50% of tickets.

You are so unaware of what your talking about.

He'd greatly improve revenue, fan base and jersey sales plus add wins but teams prefer to tank and get the higher pick leading to more promise for their future

chlaxman
10-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Lmfaoo 98-100% of tickets are you retarded I must ask again... go to those stadiums they are over half empty and some aernt even televised they are probably selling 45-50% of tickets.

He'd greatly improve revenue, fan base and jersey sales plus add wins but teams prefer to tank and get the higher pick leading to more promise for their future

You are phucking retarded. Absolutely retarded. 45-50% tickets sold? Wow...just wow. The attendance for just about every team is over 90% and ticket sales are above attendance.

And again, jersey sales are shared equally amongst teams. So yeah, strong ignorance.

turk75
10-24-2013, 07:53 AM

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/turk75/488288_520869264626433_2016075981_n_zpsacf3911e.pn g (http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/turk75/media/488288_520869264626433_2016075981_n_zpsacf3911e.pn g.html)

Lunatic
10-24-2013, 08:02 AM

He'd greatly improve revenue, fan base and jersey sales plus add wins but teams prefer to tank and get the higher pick leading to more promise for their futureTebow is a godawful QB. Now that people are aware of what he can do, they'd prepare for it.

f_2Xpn4aqek

But he'd win games :rolleyes:

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 08:08 AM
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/turk75/488288_520869264626433_2016075981_n_zpsacf3911e.pn g (http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/turk75/media/488288_520869264626433_2016075981_n_zpsacf3911e.pn g.html)

This.

chlaxman
10-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Since critical thinking isn't a strong point for some, I'll show you why ticket sale increases would be insignificant:

Lets assume a team can sell 10, 000 more tickets. Thats an incredibly generous number I'm giving you. We'll also assume an average price of $50. That's $500, 000 extra per game. 40% of that goes to the other team. So that comes to $300, 000 per home game. So $1.2 million if they have 4 home games left. And you have to subtract his salary.

So yeah. Not a strong argument.

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 08:11 AM
7 teams are between 79-87% attendence. Thats far from a full stadium.

And a lot of those tickets are handouts to fill the stadium they aernt even sold.

I remember when the heat sucked I got 2 free tickets for buying a 40 dollar dress shirt.

Marketing, tickets, popularity. Many things he'd improve. He'd build enthusiasm and hope for the team. But as I've said teams prefer to go for top pick amd possibly have that payer be a hall of fame talent who will change franchise instead of being 8-8 team.

Lol at people itt lmfaoo...

Beliedat
10-24-2013, 09:02 AM
He can't find a job because he's:
A. A terrible quarterback and a decent fullback.
B. If he finds a way to win a couple games, it's not difficult to look up his tape from Denver. His game hasn't improved.
C. He brings a bunch of distraction and unwanted attention from crazy people. Although this is mainly a detractor for teams that are actually having some success.

He's not being blackballed, he's simply a bad quarterback. You cannot hitch your wagon to tebow and you expect sustained success. It's a half-season circus, not a long term option.

HoustonMiscer
10-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks for explaining OP. You think the Texans should sign Tebow? I mean they are thin at the RB position right now with Foster and Tate ailing

LikeAMachine
10-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Saw location, did not read.

PervedOut
10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
I remember when the heat sucked I got 2 free tickets for buying a 40 dollar dress shirt.
There are Pistons tickets at every gas station within 20 miles of the stadium. Free with $5.00 parking. No one take them.

EpicenterRex
10-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Saw location, did not read.

This. More than likely a gators fan

Tebow is a horrible QB, NE gave him a chance and he went something like 2 TDs and 6 interceptions vs 3rd stringers in the NFL, OP is a perfect example of someone who thinks he knows more than 32 other NFL gms. He would probably make a average NFL TE or FB, but QB? No.

niknguyen
10-24-2013, 09:41 AM
He can't find a job because he's:
A. A terrible quarterback and a decent fullback.
B. If he finds a way to win a couple games, it's not difficult to look up his tape from Denver. His game hasn't improved.
C. He brings a bunch of distraction and unwanted attention from crazy people. Although this is mainly a detractor for teams that are actually having some success.

He's not being blackballed, he's simply a bad quarterback. You cannot hitch your wagon to tebow and you expect sustained success. It's a half-season circus, not a long term option.

This...OP looking too much into it.

The fact that ppl think tebow is a winner is funny because matt cassel was a winner also. You can't say he's a winner after not even a full season

ItsWhatIDo
10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Tebow's Qb play is on par with OP's grammar

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 10:03 AM
This...OP looking too much into it.

The fact that ppl think tebow is a winner is funny because matt cassel was a winner also. You can't say he's a winner after not even a full season

Cassel played in a system that was already winning tons of games tebow stepped into a team that was **** with no hope and won a big playoff game which manning couldn't do next year

blackstar87
10-24-2013, 10:13 AM
the reason bad teams don't sign tebow

http://fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/08/tebowsucks.gif

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/503b75fa69beddb674000019/tebow-overthrow.gif

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5032729eeab8ea9902000000/tebow-1.gif

Miked1978
10-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Dear Tebox fans,

Yes Tebow is a great person but he isn't a QB. Sure he might pull a game or 2 out of his arse every now and then but thats because his defense held for 3 quarters and made the game close enough to come back in the 4th.

Ecnewyx
10-24-2013, 10:41 AM
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5032729eeab8ea9902000000/tebow-1.gif

This is Tebow being a nice guy and not throwing a checkdown that would've gotten #45 blownup by Jones who, let's be srs, would've flown in there like the arm of Satan and forced a fumble return for a TD.

JetLife21
10-24-2013, 10:44 AM
it also helped because the broncos defense was downright good.

Not true at all. The Broncos were just fortunate enough to play some of the worst offenses in the league during that run. They were lit up by every legit offense they faced.

San Diego scored 29
Detroit scored 45
New England scored 41 and 45
Minny scored 32
Buffalo 26
Pitt 23

The teams they shut down were among the worst offensive teams in the league. KC x2, Chicago w/o Cutler, NYJ, Miami

westbigballin
10-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Tebow didn't even "win" most of his games.

Tebowmania began because Marion Barber ran out of bounds like a friggin idiot when he only had to stay in bounds to kill the clock.
Then Marion Barber fumbled in OT, setting up a Prater game winning FG (ONE OF MANY...)
Marion Barber promptly retired after that season because he started friggin Tebowmania

Only play/win I will give Tebow credit for is the bomb to Demaryius against the Steelers in OT...

Other than that, the Broncos Defense and Matt Prater did most of the work

MNIMN
10-24-2013, 11:01 AM
tebow is trash embrace rg3 face for the future 2020

niknguyen
10-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Tebow didn't even "win" most of his games.

Tebowmania began because Marion Barber ran out of bounds like a friggin idiot when he only had to stay in bounds to kill the clock.
Then Marion Barber fumbled in OT, setting up a Prater game winning FG (ONE OF MANY...)
Marion Barber promptly retired after that season because he started friggin Tebowmania

Only play/win I will give Tebow credit for is the bomb to Demaryius against the Steelers in OT...

Other than that, the Broncos Defense and Matt Prater did most of the work

Gtfo. You didn't watch that steelers game. It was a fcking shallow postn that DT did all of the work

westbigballin
10-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Gtfo. You didn't watch that steelers game. It was a fcking shallow postn that DT did all of the work

Sorry, it wasn't a bomb, I was mistaken.
Tebow made an on target throw for once though, which definitely deserves credit.

Love seeing DT embarrass man coverage with a single stiff arm (like his TD in the Ravens playoff game)

ElMariachi
10-24-2013, 12:09 PM

If Tebow wasn't so stubborn and agreed to be a fullback or a h-back, I think he'd gather a lot of interests from teams around the NFL. He's got the skills to be a killer h-back, he already looks like a solid blocker, a very physical runner, if he can catch at all, he'd have a roster spot in the NFL guaranteed.

niknguyen
10-24-2013, 12:14 PM
If Tebow wasn't so stubborn and agreed to be a fullback or a h-back, I think he'd gather a lot of interests from teams around the NFL. He's got the skills to be a killer h-back, he already looks like a solid blocker, a very physical runner, if he can catch at all, he'd have a roster spot in the NFL guaranteed.

Teams have expressed interest and contacted him about that already. Teams would br flocking to him if he would just change positions. Ppl see it as him sticking to his guns, I see it as arrogant

Ecnewyx
10-24-2013, 12:28 PM

I've always wondered about this. Why do teams think he'd be a better TE, for example, than guys who've been playing TE their whole career?

GolfPants
10-24-2013, 12:50 PM
I've always wondered about this. Why do teams think he'd be a better TE, for example, than guys who've been playing TE their whole career?

So much this. Brb he's a fairly big, athletic guy. Brb automatically has the skills to be a 'killer h-back'

Gerald151
10-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Tebow fans are insanely delusional.

EpicenterRex
10-24-2013, 01:01 PM
So much this. Brb he's a fairly big, athletic guy. Brb automatically has the skills to be a 'killer h-back'

The same reason scouts thought tony gonzo, Antonio gates, jimmy graham, and Jordan Cameron would make good TEs even though they were basketball players.

hublife
10-24-2013, 01:03 PM
We're all aware that we're about 18 months away from Tebow officially retiring and about 12 years away from him running for public office, right?

Ecnewyx
10-24-2013, 01:28 PM
The same reason scouts thought tony gonzo, Antonio gates, jimmy graham, and Jordan Cameron would make good TEs even though they were basketball players.

But Tebow is less experienced, shorter, lighter, and slower...

jalundah
10-24-2013, 01:33 PM
did not read anything other than the OP so this may have been said, but...

Kaptn Krunch
10-24-2013, 02:49 PM
You're right OP. Tebow is the best QB who ever walked the earth. It's a massive conspiracy emulating from the highest levels of the government. I'll bet that damn Obama is the ring leader. He doesn't want to see a Christian white man succeed at QB in the NFL, so he has instructed every single GM to ignore Tebow's insanely amazing QB skills...And instead rely on merely average heathen QBs such as Brady, Luck, Rivers, Manning, Brees etc.

Tebow's mechanics. Flawless!
Tebow's accuracy. Dead on!
Tebow's ability to read defenses. Second to none!
Tebow's running ability. Better than the baby Jesus himself.
His sub 50% completion rate is only because he's trying to remain humble instead of those show-boating QBs I listed above.

socrates07
10-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Actually it's because he can't even beat mark sanchez of all people out in practice

let it die OP

BasedPrincess
10-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Or maybe they know he's all smoke and mirrors and that now that his game has been studied, he can easily be stopped?

RAS7331
10-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Its because he is too much of a distraction to the team for what hes worth. This is a apple/oranges comparison but the point still makes sense i think. Think of players like TO and Chad Johnson. They brought a lot of unwanted media attention for their antics and it was something teams just dealt with in their prime but once they started to lean towards mediocrity it was no longer worth the hassle. Tebow brings even MORE unwanted extra media attention to a team and he is not nearly good enough for them to see it to be worth it. Basically what im saying is teams just dont want to deal with tebow mania. Not worth it.

Vhagar
10-24-2013, 05:06 PM
negged

1/10 trolling

aestheticsGSF
10-24-2013, 05:37 PM
What does my location have to do with this?.. I don't even like the guy was just explaining to you all why he's not currently employeed you all missed the point entirely. Reading comprehension not even once. Seem to be a common problem in the sports misc

houtexans23
10-24-2013, 05:52 PM
What does my location have to do with this?.. I don't even like the guy was just explaining to you all why he's not currently employeed you all missed the point entirely. Reading comprehension not even once. Seem to be a common problem in the sports misc

because the argument you made was horrendous. bad teams don't sign tebow because he brings in unwanted attention and his skillset, or lack thereof, is not enough to make the media sh!tfest worth it.

Dave P
10-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Bottom line is no team/coach wants to deal with the circus that comes along with Tebow.

Its not his fault but the media has completely destroyed the kids chance to ever be taken seriously.

rayallenscalves
10-24-2013, 06:13 PM
because the argument you made was horrendous. bad teams don't sign tebow because he brings in unwanted attention and his skillset, or lack thereof, is not enough to make the media sh!tfest worth it.

The ironic thing about this post is that Tebow is better than any QB on your roster. Tebow haters are such bitches, can't accept the fact that someone Is unconventional yet still effective.

BrawnySwoleman
10-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Didn't read.

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Tim-Tebow-Spin-Move-Gif.gif