PDA

View Full Version : Why was brett favre liked so much srs

Fthepolicepigs
10-23-2013, 11:35 PM
He was a dick to teammates brb told javon walker to get to camp instead if getting his money walker then tore his acl and was out the league the next season.

Brb miss training camp brb holds packers hostage for years. Brb must have the most game losing interception throws of all time.

Overrated as hell

Burial
10-23-2013, 11:57 PM
I live in GB and saw him after a practice and asked him to sign a ball, he wanted me to pay him 50$ otherwise he wouldn't

always thought he was a massive prick after that

Amaso
10-24-2013, 12:01 AM
I live in GB and saw him after a practice and asked him to sign a ball, he wanted me to pay him 50$ otherwise he wouldn't

did you pay $50?

I love how people get butthurt if their celebrity crushes dont acknowledge, take pics, or sign **** for them. Dude gets no time to himself outside of his own home without being harrassed by people like you.

wsuwarrior
10-24-2013, 12:02 AM
He was just having fun out there.

Fthepolicepigs
10-24-2013, 12:02 AM

Lol what

wickedman
10-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Because he was the ****ing man that's why.

Fthepolicepigs
10-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Because he was the ****ing man that's why.

Throwing game losing picks 90 percent of the is means you the man? He cost so many playoff games for the packers with stupid decisions. He played on some stacked teams

wsuwarrior
10-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Throwing game losing picks 90 percent of the is means you the man? He cost so many playoff games for the packers with stupid decisions. He played on some stacked teams

Must be a bitter Patriots fan or something.

OregonBBinc
10-24-2013, 12:13 AM
did you pay $50?

I love how people get butthurt if their celebrity crushes dont acknowledge, take pics, or sign **** for them. Dude gets no time to himself outside of his own home without being harrassed by people like you.

oh im sorry, he must have been forced to play a game on tv for millions of dollars, and forced to sign all those advertising contracts lol. thats his job is to entertain people, he literally gets paid to do that. he would have 0 dollars for playing football if fans didnt like the sport. doesnt mean hes a bad guy just cause he might have diked someone off a time or 2 either though.

postbrah
10-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Favre is the fuking man, how could you not like him? Not sure if he was all that overrated, just played with passion and he fit into that old school category of throw it up, take hits and give no fuks

Amaso
10-24-2013, 12:18 AM
oh im sorry, he must have been forced to play a game on tv for millions of dollars, and forced to sign all those advertising contracts lol. thats his job is to entertain people, he literally gets paid to do that. he would have 0 dollars for playing football if fans didnt like the sport. doesnt mean hes a bad guy just cause he might have diked someone off a time or 2 either though.

so his job is 24 hours?

I always lol at that sort of explanation. Yes, he lives a life most people would dream for. Signing autographs to random fans, losing most of my privacy would be a hassle I'd be willing to take on for his lifestyle, but for someone who cant go out in public without people constantly staring, asking for stuff, and talking to him... I can't blame him or anyone else for being annoyed by all of it.

I don't think Brett is even overrated tbh. I think he is in the #4-6 range. I don't know too many people that have him higher than that.

gottk2x
10-24-2013, 12:23 AM
did you pay $50?

A simple "no" or "I can't right now" would get a less butthurt reaction than "sure, for $50". That's just greedy as phuck.

Jw9thwonder
10-24-2013, 12:28 AM
dick picks

wickedman
10-24-2013, 12:29 AM

Stacked teams? Favre was the offense on pretty much every Packers team, he played on ****ty offensive squads like Brady is dealing with now on the reg. The best receiver he ever had was probably Sterling Sharpe and he got to enjoy him for an entire 2 years or so before his career ended.

All they needed do was add one other great player to the team (Reggie White) and boom Super Bowl, Favre hardly had "stacked teams" on the reg, especially on offense.

kyleTX
10-24-2013, 12:30 AM

lol love it

Johnny Football's mentor

EvilChicken
10-24-2013, 01:32 AM
OP is mad favre didn't send him cawk pics.

blacksabbath11
10-24-2013, 01:35 AM
QseEvTS_2Y8

Doc1232
10-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Because he played the game with so much passion and always had fun out there. He carried the offense for many years largely by himself. Dude is an all time great, 3 straight MVPs.

Yea the ending of his career made him become look like a dbag but he had many great years as a packer.

HairyScandinavian
10-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Because he played the game with so much passion and always had fun out there. He carried the offense for many years largely by himself. Dude is an all time great, 3 straight MVPs.

Yea the ending of his career made him become look like a dbag but he had many great years as a packer.

This

Hoop_Dreams
10-24-2013, 03:38 AM

this happened

scotyg
10-24-2013, 04:46 AM
Because touchdowns are way more awesome when you force them through triple coverage.

chlaxman
10-24-2013, 04:56 AM
He was one of the most entertaining players to watch of all time. People forget how ridiculously good he was in his prime.

Engineer_Guy
10-24-2013, 05:49 AM

Favre brought us out of the chithole. The Packers were a joke before Favre came along. Yes he had a stacked team at one point, they won the Superbowl.

While I am still p*ssed at Favre for going to the Vikes, I haven't forgotten what he did for the Packers.

Ecnewyx
10-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Plus Wrangler jeans are affordable.

melanimal_old
10-24-2013, 06:10 AM
most overrated football player of all time. The way he was covered was like he won 5 super bowls. He won one and choked like 4 times in the playoffs.

drock2190
10-24-2013, 06:11 AM
He was one of the most entertaining players to watch of all time. People forget how ridiculously good he was in his prime.

this. As a Vikings fan I respected him on the Packers but when he came to the Vikings, he had an amazing season. Too bad he made that boneheaded play in the Championship game.

Last time a Vikings QB was actually fun to watch too.

drock2190
10-24-2013, 06:13 AM
most overrated football player of all time. The way he was covered was like he won 5 super bowls. He won one and choked like 4 times in the playoffs.

Sounds like Peyton Manning stats. If Peyton goes back and forth at the end of his career he will get the same coverage.

dougefresh93
10-24-2013, 06:15 AM
did you pay $50?

it was at a practice, i get it if he was at dinner with family and was being harassed. Favre is and always was a huge douchie phaggot

Engineer_Guy
10-24-2013, 06:59 AM
The Packers were one of the biggest jokes in the NFL before Favre showed up. He brought us back from the brink of nothingness and even won a Superbowl along the way. He gave people a reason to watch because the Packers stood a chance of winning any game when he started playing. He is overrated in many ways but his contributions to the Packers go beyond the wins and losses. He gave Green Bay publicity.

mp83
10-24-2013, 07:19 AM
The Packers were one of the biggest jokes in the NFL before Favre showed up. He brought us back from the brink of nothingness and even won a Superbowl along the way. He gave people a reason to watch because the Packers stood a chance of winning any game when he started playing. He is overrated in many ways but his contributions to the Packers go beyond the wins and losses. He gave Green Bay publicity.

Reggie White was just as much of a reason Packers went on the radar. I remember as a kid growing up 30 min from GB, when they signed him, it was breaking news locally. Like it was front page of the newspaper, top story on the news for over a week, etc... He also liked GB so much he convinced other people to sign with them.

Favre was a big part as well, though. In '92, he brought them to mediocrity (9-7 record) and helped propel them to the amazing run from '93-'98 (and you could say still exists to this day). They would definitely not have won the Super Bowl without him. He made a lot of boneheaded throws, but he also made some amazing ones as well. As he got older, the bone headed throws outnumbered the amazing ones.

He is certainly not the GOAT, but he was pretty amazing on the field. Off the field, he was known for being a total prick. Also, supposedly him and his wife had an open marriage because it was a marriage of convenience, lol.

melanimal_old
10-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Sounds like Peyton Manning stats. If Peyton goes back and forth at the end of his career he will get the same coverage.

Peyton Manning doesnt have more career INTs than he has touchdowns

CCAurora
10-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Gunslinger. Recovered addict. Throwback. Good ol' boy. One-man show. Champion.

"But I don't understand, he is statistically flawed with a pension for turnovers." When did geeks take over sports? GTFO

drock2190
10-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Peyton Manning doesnt have more career INTs than he has touchdowns

You were talking about rings. By my count they both have 1.

Fist-Of-Freedom
10-24-2013, 08:15 AM
He's a dick IRL (srs)

PureCardio
10-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Because he's one of the best entertainers in sports history. We... appreciate Manning, Brady, Brees for their consistency and efficiency, but as a neutral, I want to watch a guy go out and take some shots. It's the reason for Texas A&M being on TV ten times this year

Margzz
10-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Prototypical gunslinger. gutted I never got to see him in his prime, that first season with the vikings was magic, shame A.P didn't hit his peak sooner how great would it have been to see Favre win another SB?

give me a gunslinger over a dink and dunk QB any day

E-Tank
10-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Plus Wrangler jeans are affordable.

this

real..........comfortable....................... jeans

Miked1978
10-24-2013, 09:22 AM
I don't think Favre is overrated at all. Nobody talks about him being GOAT and i think he's just a notch below.

If the Packers thought he was so overrated and cost them as many playoff games as some of the people ITT think then they would have got rid of him earlier. Favre was exciting to watch and wasn't scared to throw the ball. He might be a dick off the field but thats a totally different subject.

EpicFailRobot
10-24-2013, 09:24 AM
He was just having fun out there.

Hey! Phatass has made an appearance!

"WSUWarrior feels spurned as his parents ritualistically sacrificed his virginity to Favre a decade ago. then his first (and only) love burned all bridges with Green Bay." thegeneral

Engineer_Guy
10-24-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't think Favre is overrated at all. Nobody talks about him being GOAT and i think he's just a notch below.

If the Packers thought he was so overrated and cost them as many playoff games as some of the people ITT think then they would have got rid of him earlier. Favre was exciting to watch and wasn't scared to throw the ball. He might be a dick off the field but thats a totally different subject.

He made the Packers exciting to watch for the first time since the 60's.

thegenerel
10-24-2013, 09:33 AM
his last few seasons tarnished his career. people forgot he was a pill head back before that became all the rage.

Buc-u
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Because he was the fuking man. Watched him play many games at the old and new sombrero.

HoustonMiscer
10-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Because touchdowns are way more awesome when you force them through triple coverage.

I dont know this feel.. Dat Carr interception triple coverage feel. Dat Schaub never throws into triple coverage but gets picked off anyway feel.

krogtaar
10-24-2013, 10:11 AM
why do people expect that athletes should sign stuff for them? that would get annoying after like 100 and Favre was the name of that franchise for nearly 20 years. tons of people wait in long lines and pay to get an autograph cause it's important to them.

cannonballdooky
10-24-2013, 04:02 PM
He was a very good tough QB who played his hardest all the time, it's not easy to play that many games in a row and take all that punishment. Sure he threw a lot of picks but sometimes you have to take the bad with the good, the good outweighed it for sure.

That season he had in Minnesota was amazing though, he was on fire all year long and the Saints were literally trying to kill him and put him out of the game so they could have a shot at winning. Rarely have I seen a QB take more punishment than he did in that game, and most were suspect. I didn't buy into the whole bountygate thing but that was a brutal game.

High_Endurance
10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
oh how people can only remember the bad and never the good

Fist-Of-Freedom
10-24-2013, 04:13 PM
I always thought Denzel Washington was the best QB of all time, althought I'll admit the buzzer beater at Fenway arena was off the hizzle.