PDA

View Full Version : Sick of hearing Steph Curry is the best PG in the NBA lol

jross2021
10-23-2013, 03:58 PM
and he was ranked wayyyy too ****ing high on NBARank. #6? LMFAO.

I actually had someone tell me he should be 5 and westbrook 6 because westbrook might not be healthy? Do you curry phaggots even nba? Who was ankles?

So anyway, if you go to youtube and type in "Point Guard's name Defense".. you'll get a nice video of them playing defense..

Examples:

Westbrook Defense

AqUyaEHTZfU

Rose Defense

Z90qVus7qjo

Chris Paul Defense

atHOj9vWC3U

Rajon Rondo Defense

cNxBAwgOVHM

etc...

But then..

Stephen Curry Defense

"Steph Curry Breaking down the defense"
"Stephen Curry vs. Kings - 7 3 Pointers!!!"
"Steph Curry all 11 3 Pointers!"
"Stephen Curry talks Mike Conley's defense"
-LOL

You know who else has 3 pointer videos instead of defensive videos?

Steve Novak

by misc and espn logic... Steve Novak is a top 5 player.

I'll leave you phaggots with this..

ybjrRnmpj7I

It's not all about being a stick and never mess up defender, but show some hustle baby.

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah curry is a bad defender, but he's a hot commodity right now on offense. It'll die down when his play starts to garner less headlines as defenses key in on him a bit more. I expect to see much more hedging on his deeper pick and rolls up top.

My brother will undoubtedly come in and claim we're all retards and that we don't watch curry or something, but it seems clear that if you pay more attention to him slightly deeper than normal, his percentages should go down although it should open up his teammates.

Curry is no blow by threat so to me, I feel teams should have a pretty easy task of preventing him from going off on them at least from the point.

edit - I'm not even going to address the obvious troll sht you posted like steve novak having highlight videos matching currys therefore same player.

Psyren
10-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Not even a top 5 PG.

jross2021
10-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah curry is a bad defender, but he's a hot commodity right now on offense. It'll die down when his play starts to garner less headlines as defenses key in on him a bit more. I expect to see much more hedging on his deeper pick and rolls up top.

My brother will undoubtedly come in and claim we're all retards and that we don't watch curry or something, but it seems clear that if you pay more attention to him slightly deeper than normal, his percentages should go down although it should open up his teammates.

Curry is no blow by threat so to me, I feel teams should have a pretty easy task of preventing him from going off on them at least from the point.

edit - I'm not even going to address the obvious troll sht you posted like steve novak having highlight videos matching currys therefore same player.

The novak was an exaggeration but my point stands, hes an alright passes, a great shooter, and an awful defender. His game revolves around his 3 pointer abilities.. similar to novak, daequan cook, etc.. hes just a little better at other aspects... but nowhere near as exposive as a westbrook or rise, not as great a passer as those guys or especially rondo or paul, and defensively doesnt belong on the same court as them

Day1086
10-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Better get used to it phaggot

Curry was already the best point guard in the nba for the last 3-4 months of last season, and I challenge you to post the stats that deny this.

April: 8 Games, 25.4 / 8.1 / 3.9 on 46.5/44.4/95.5

March: 16 games, 24.9 / 7.5 / 4.0 on 45.5/44.0/87.0

February: 12 games, 25.4 / 6.9 / 4.7 on 47.9/48.3/92.5

January: 11 games, 23.5 / 6.3 / 2.4 on 45.9/47.1/90.5

And he will only be getting better phaggot

Healthy curry is best pg in the league

jross2021
10-23-2013, 04:17 PM

Curry was already the best point guard in the nba for the last 3-4 months of last season, and I challenge you to post the stats that deny this.

I would LOVE to see a break down of points contributes vs. How many he allowed his matchup. Im sure the ration is not great

homicidal_misc
10-23-2013, 04:20 PM
D Rose GOAT efficiency discrepancy pre-injury checking in.

Day1086
10-23-2013, 04:22 PM
I would LOVE to see a break down of points contributes vs. How many he allowed his matchup. Im sure the ration is not great

Perimeter defense is really not very important. Team scheme and rim protector plus one or two versatile perimeter defenders (iggy klay) is all you need.

Ill patiently await better stats than those.

Aguy2diefor
10-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Anyone who thinks Curry is better than westbrook is a retard. He's an exceptional shooter, but he doesn't have enough quickness and explosiveness to be considered more than that. He's not a great passer, he's a ****ty defender. He's not an exceptional of the dribble player or a master pick and roll player. He's just a crazy ass shooter.

He's offensive game is the easiet to exploit among Elite PG's ( He's not even an elite PG/SG).

Don't worry op, it will die down. Curry is injury prone.

amikaelmorris
10-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Anyone who thinks Curry is better than westbrook is a retard. He's an exceptional shooter, but he doesn't have enough quickness and explosiveness to be considered more than that. He's not a great passer, he's a ****ty defender. He's not an exceptional of the dribble player or a master pick and roll player. He's just a crazy ass shooter.

He's offensive game is the easiet to exploit among Elite PG's ( He's not even an elite PG/SG).

Don't worry op, it will die down. Curry is injury prone.

steph curry sprained his ankle reading this post

Chairman7w
10-23-2013, 04:52 PM
That's pretty legit, phaggot.

jross2021
10-23-2013, 04:54 PM
That's pretty legit, phaggot.

Make a thread saying hes a great 3 point shoot, injury prone, a very average passer and a terrible defender and I get points per game and shooting stats.

Okay.jpg

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Perimeter defense is really not very important. Team scheme and rim protector plus one or two versatile perimeter defenders (iggy klay) is all you need.

Ill patiently await better stats than those.

golden states zone was quite possibly the worst defense in the entire league, and is what led to their 2nd half near collapse after a strong defensive start.

you can bask in currys offense but dear god dont tell me defense is a wash because its team oriented. curry is a horrible defender.

Day1086
10-23-2013, 05:22 PM
List of point guards curry played more than or equal games last year: chris paul, ty lawson, derrick rose, rajon rondo, tony parker, kyrie irving, deron williams etc etc

Saying curry is an average passer is full potato, saying he can't create off the dribble is full potato, and saying hes a great 3 point shooter doesn't do him justice, dude is an anomaly in NBA history. Still waiting on any stats better than the ones I posted.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/QbQa2dJN5gp_kmzcSoVQ6oNM-tUKlk8XBM9hGfJVk8BMBO4it0j32yhs_Afnjik7tpP0sYHwgDt 4RGLZ8eYxCYCklmoyzituh99NbDkk9taPc1CS_Tw

http://i.imgur.com/mmXHbBt.png

(top left dot is ray allen 2009, not klay thompson btw)

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 05:24 PM
i wouldnt bank on him ever acknowledging currys defensive woes beczuse its pointless. he is a bad defender but i sort of agree that you have to take the good with the bad.

this season will show a lot. although i literally facepalmed at 'perimeter defense doesnt matter' in a league dominated by wing players lol

Day1086
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM
golden states zone was quite possibly the worst defense in the entire league, and is what led to their 2nd half near collapse after a strong defensive start.

you can bask in currys offense but dear god dont tell me defense is a wash because its team oriented. curry is a horrible defender.

Golden state didn't have bogut, and didn't have their now other best defender iguodala. David Lee protecting the rim is gonna make anyone look bad when he can't cover ANY mistakes

Point guard not being stellar defensively is not a big deal, literally just does not have a large impact on the game. You also want him conserving that energy for offense where he can make a bigger difference.

Day1086
10-23-2013, 05:31 PM
ITT: People are surprised at how good curry's stats are and have no real retort for them.

jross2021
10-23-2013, 05:32 PM
List of point guards curry played more than or equal games last year: chris paul, ty lawson, derrick rose, rajon rondo, tony parker, kyrie irving, deron williams etc etc

Saying curry is an average passer is full potato, saying he can't create off the dribble is full potato, and saying hes a great 3 point shooter doesn't do him justice, dude is an anomaly in NBA history. Still waiting on any stats better than the ones I posted.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/QbQa2dJN5gp_kmzcSoVQ6oNM-tUKlk8XBM9hGfJVk8BMBO4it0j32yhs_Afnjik7tpP0sYHwgDt 4RGLZ8eYxCYCklmoyzituh99NbDkk9taPc1CS_Tw

http://i.imgur.com/mmXHbBt.png

(top left dot is ray allen 2009, not klay thompson btw)

Still no defensive argument, considering thats half the game

Day1086
10-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Still no defensive argument, considering thats half the game

If you think a point guard's defense is half of the game then you are a potato, and curry is not an AWFUL defender. He gets steals, he plays solid team defense, he just conserves energy/lacks strength and has had nobody to clean it up for him at the rim. Healthy bogut would make a huge difference in this department, as does the addition of iguodala.

HayZues Christi
10-23-2013, 05:40 PM

rose puts up more stats than that on a team that wins more games.

healthy rose is the best pg in the league

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 05:40 PM
their defense actually did not improve when bogut came back. if you think curry plays good team d then youre retarded.

theyre forced to place more zone than any other team in the league primarily due to curry, and his offensive repertoire does not require some huge amount of stored energy, he is not even close to a slasher like rose or westbrook. he tires out sure but your own point is that he takes 3s off the dribble. is that seriously worth being a bad defender?

gs gave up something like 109 per 100 in their zone even w bogut back, leading to their barely 500 record post all star.

curry is a bad defender. period. stop trying to deflect it onto his offense. yah he played incredibly well on offense.

jross2021
10-23-2013, 05:42 PM
ITT: People are surprised at how good curry's stats are and have no real retort for them.

Stats.

Without star teammates, westbrook and rise would average 28+

Day1086
10-23-2013, 05:44 PM
their defense actually did not improve when bogut came back. if you think curry plays good team d then youre retarded.

theyre forced to place more zone than any other team in the league primarily due to curry, and his offensive repertoire does not require some huge amount of stored energy, he is not even close to a slasher like rose or westbrook. he tires out sure but your own point is that he takes 3s off the dribble. is that seriously worth being a bad defender?

gs gave up something like 109 per 100 in their zone even w bogut back, leading to their barely 500 record post all star.

curry is a bad defender. period. stop trying to deflect it onto his offense. yah he played incredibly well on offense.

So we're just ignoring the other 4 players on the floor?

Warriors lineup that required zone defense: Jack/Curry/Klay/Landry/Lee This was the warriors most popular lineup, and the lineup that closed games

lmao

Change that lineup to Curry/Klay/Iguodala/(lee, draymond, barnes)/Bogut

The warriors played a TEAM lineup that was awful defensively. Healthy Bogut and Iguodala pickup changes all of that.

HayZues Christi
10-23-2013, 05:49 PM
If you think a point guard's defense is half of the game then you are a potato,.

If you think currys offensive game is so far ahead of the likes of cp3, westbrook, rose that it makes up for his defense enough to make him the best PG in the league, than you have gone potato.

I love curry. The kid has a wetter like nobody else right now. He just isn't the best PG in the league. Him and kyrie are next though.

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 05:49 PM
So we're just ignoring the other 4 players on the floor?

Warriors lineup that required zone defense: Jack/Curry/Klay/Landry/Lee This was the warriors most popular lineup, and the lineup that closed games

lmao

Change that lineup to Curry/Klay/Iguodala/(lee, draymond, barnes)/Bogut

The warriors played a TEAM lineup that was awful defensively. Healthy Bogut and Iguodala pickup changes all of that.

we have already discussed this irl. jack was poor defensively as well, im interested to see how m7ch zone they are forced into this year, especially if your own theory of saving currys energy to jack up 3s is true.

iguodala is only going to get older and is a dramatic downgrade from jacks ability to create. he is basically a defensive player and a spot up 3 point shooter with fastbreak athleticism

Day1086
10-23-2013, 05:51 PM
we have already discussed this irl. jack was poor defensively as well, im interested to see how m7ch zone they are forced into this year, especially if your own theory of saving currys energy to jack up 3s is true.

iguodala is only going to get older and is a dramatic downgrade from jacks ability to create. he is basically a defensive player and a spot up 3 point shooter with fastbreak athleticism

who also averages more career assists than jack

looking good in preseason, dropped 14 assists in 28 minutes last game

nvrstopworking
10-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Pretty much every top PG in the game has their deficiencies.

CP3: Can't lead his team anywhere

Rondo: Can't shoot

Curry: Can't defend

Westbrook: Horrible shot selection

Parker: Not a great outside shooter

Rose: We'll see?

Aguy2diefor
10-23-2013, 06:21 PM
rose puts up more stats than that on a team that wins more games.

healthy rose is the best pg in the league

Lol

HoustonMiscer
10-23-2013, 06:21 PM
-bKac55h1Ls

Fukking lol. Would take Westbrook on Rockets just to lol hard after every game, semisrs.

Asik
Howard
Parsons
Harden
Westbrook

He can teach phaggot Harden how to defend